Disney Bahamian 3 or 4 night??

selkbowl

We are looking at going on our first Disney Cruise in October of 2017 and are wondering if the 4 night is worth the extra money? I believe the only difference is the extra day at sea. I have heard that some things are closed for part of the last day for cleaning and to get ready for the next cruise. We are going to do a day or two at the parks so basically wondering if the 4th night is worth it or if we should plan on another day at the parks. We have been to Disney world and the kids really want to do a cruise for our next vacation but also there are things at the parks that we didn't get to do yet. Thank You!

If cash is a concern, and when isn't it especially if you've just been to the Disney parks with the kids, then the three day is a great first Disney cruise. My advice is to just plan on NOT getting off the ship at Nassau, and spend that day exploring the ship and having fun at the pool and slides. There are a million things to do with the kids on the ship, all of which are better than going to the Nassau Straw Market.

A 3 night cruise is barely a taste of cruising or of the DCL ships. A 3 night cruise is really only 2 1/2 days. A 4 night gives you 3 1/2 days. It may not sound like much, but it is really a huge difference. You have a sea day, which is time to enjoy the ship. If at all possible, the more days, the better.

I don't know how DCLers do the 3 and 4 night cruises. For us 7 days is too short, you just get into the swing of things and then have to get off. We just did a 10 day and thought that was the perfect amount of time. I know DCL doesn't do much, if any, 10 days but I wouldn't go on a 3 or 4 night cruise for the price it is just too short.

I don't know how DCLers do the 3 and 4 night cruises. For us 7 days is too short, you just get into the swing of things and then have to get off. We just did a 10 day and thought that was the perfect amount of time. I know DCL doesn't do much, if any, 10 days but I wouldn't go on a 3 or 4 night cruise for the price it is just too short.

The Magic has a 5 night back to back with different ports. We booked it, so its 10 nights on the Magic out of Miami leaving January 29th, 2017. We also like longer cruises, especially re-positioning cruises.

I think everyone is different. Personally, I find seven day cruises the hardest for me to do, no matter what cruise line. Compared to the cruises I have done that were longer (multiple 8, 9, 11, 12, 13 and 14 day cruises), I end up wishing the seven days were longer.

However, when I do a three day and I have only done three 3-day cruises, all Disney, I know it is a short cruise. So I make it the best three day trip for me.

Generally, the three days fit into a long weekend break and I don't mind the price. I am looking at another three day Disney cruise during my fall break.

I have to say I really loved the three day itinerary I did this past spring on the Magic -- day at sea and Castaway Cay. I am also looking at this itinerary next spring during my spring break on the Wonder.

So there are people who enjoy the short Disney cruises and I am definitely one of them.

Part of my logic is that I have to pay to get to the departure airport and then to the cruise port...so that factors into the cost of the cruise. The longer I cruise, the less the per diem total cost (usually). We've done several B2Bs as well as several repo cruises.

I've done 2 cruises of 3 nights each, one as part of a B2B. In all honesty, a 3 night cruise is better than no cruise at all. But I'd have to look very critically at a 3 night cruise and have some very good reason to book it. If it is a financial issue, I'd wait and save for a longer cruise.

Thank you for the replies. After talking to our kids we are going to skip the parks and do the 7 night cruise on fantasy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You won't be sorry! Our choice is to usually do cruises of 7 nights or longer, but sometimes schedules do not permit or a particular itinerary we are interested in is shorter than 7 days, but I will never do a cruise as short as 3 days. Our first ever cruise (not Disney) was a three day. You feel like no sooner than you board than you are disembarking. We just got off a 4 night Disney Dream cruise which we did because we took the whole family and our married son and his wife had to be back for a friend's wedding. A 4 day is still relatively short, but with the sea day in there, you get to enjoy the ship more.