Disney Magic in Liverpool

Yesrock52

What a marvelous welcome the Disney Magic received from Liverpool today.

Moored a mere 100 yards from the iconic Liverpool Waterfront she attracted thousands of people who came to look at this cruise ship. Among the free entertainment provided was a stage by a local radio station which had a large number of children dressed in their favourite Disney costume. A small golf course which we saw being installed two days ago, a number of Disney characters allowing parents to take photographs of their children with them. There was also a large outdoor cinema with free seating showing Disney films such as Nemo, Mary Poppins, Toy Story and a sing a long a Frozen. Families were watching having picnics, some had taken their own camp chairs and although a little damp nobody was leaving. As we arrived on the quayside where the ship was tied up, Mickey, Minnie and Donald Duck were waving to the crowds from the promenade deck.

Next a military marching band paraded in the road which was parallel to the ship playing traditional music plus music from Disney films.

To finish later tonight there will be a firework display as she sets sail.

A short video of the marching band is at.

We were in Liverpool aboard Magic toward the end of our transatlantic cruise last month. The ship drew large crowds, but there was none of the shoreside activities you saw.

From what i've read online Pop, they had these additional events for the Magic's second visit to Liverpool.

ex techie

We were in Liverpool aboard Magic toward the end of our transatlantic cruise last month. The ship drew large crowds, but there was none of the shoreside activities you saw.

I think your visit was on a Friday. Liverpool tend to put on celebrations and events on Saturday or Sunday when more people are not in work and the children don't have to go to school. However I hope you enjoyed your visit here.

:)

I think your visit was on a Friday. Liverpool tend to put on celebrations and events on Saturday or Sunday when more people are not in work and the children don't have to go to school. However I hope you enjoyed your visit here.

:)

Correct. We were there on Friday, May 27th. It was an impressive turnout for a Friday.

We absolutely enjoyed our visit. The highlight was tours of the Catholic and Anglican cathedrals. And your fellow residents were very friendly and helpful. We hope to return when we have more time to enjoy everything the city has to offer.