Port Canaveral - Disembark and Flight Times

RJake1

What is the earliest safe flight time after disembarking at Port Canaveral? Flight is out of MCO (Orlando). Transport is via private shuttle or rental car - NOT Disney bus. DW doesn't like to cut it close. She'd rather sit at airport for hours than suffer through a mad dash to the gate. Thanks!

What is the earliest safe flight time after disembarking at Port Canaveral? Flight is out of MCO (Orlando). Transport is via private shuttle or rental car - NOT Disney bus. DW doesn't like to cut it close. She'd rather sit at airport for hours than suffer through a mad dash to the gate. Thanks!

DCL recommends flights after 11:30. My personal comfort zone - no earlier than 12:30.

Edited by Shmoo here

I have always had flight times of around 11am. I have even once had a 1015am flight though it was booked by Disney so if I missed it...its their fault lol. I would say 11am would be the very earliest I would personally book a flight...and that is assuming you are off the ship as soon as the ship has cleared.

11 is the earliest I'm comfortable with. DCL used to say noon and then book people at 11:30.

It is a 45 minute drive from cruise terminal to MCO if there are no accidents on the road, etc. NORMALLY you can disembark about 7:30 or a bit earlier.

Once we had a 12:30 flight scheduled. We arrived at the airport way early and the airline moved us to a 9 something departure! That was a little tight, but no waiting at all.

Security and luggage check in at MCO can be awful or can be rather smooth--it just depends on how your day is progressing.