Cruise Director for the Fantasy

Natalie is good. She has come up thru the ranks and knows her job well. She is pleasant to talk to and does her "behind the scenes" work well. She is British with a degree in either hospitality studies or entertainment (I forget which).

She doesn't have the amazing personality the Christiaan does...but in reality no one else does. But if we were cruising and found out in advance that we'd have Natalie, that is a check mark on the "good" side.

She seemed nice. I didn't know all the background information that MM gave above, but thought Natalie did fine at the show introductions. That's the only time I really see the cruise director, other than maybe chatting a few minutes when they have the officers in the lobby.

I don't know Christian at all.

• 3 weeks later...
How funny is Natalie

What kind of humor do you like?

Who are your favorite comedians?

Sorry, too impossible for anyone else to tell you, as you may think she is awful, and even your partner or someone else in your party may think she is hilarious.

ex techie

I don't know how to address the humor question.

Natalie is a totally good CD. If I got on a ship and found that she was the CD, I'd be completely satisfied with that. She does a good job, she is pleasant to chat with at the receptions, etc. I've seen her working her tail off in a stress situation when things were well handled. How much of the "handling" was due to Natalie, I don't know...but the onboard situation was managed and the guests were kept as well cared for as possible.

Natalie is very good. She understudied with Brent (before he left) on the Transatlantic in May, 2015, and was hilarious - especially in the somewhat risqué show put on by the cruise staff in Fathoms on the last night. We we were also on an excursion with her in Norway and she is fun to be around. We miss Brent, who was our very first and still all time favorite Cruise Director (now at Disney's California Adventure). Peter was with us on one of our cruses last year - Panama Canal if I recall - and I agree with Mokismommy's comments.

Edited by STHCruising

OP,

unless you know a CD schedule, which DCL do not publish unlike some other lines, you may get one of 3 people.

Don't sweat it, you have no control.

Just go aboard and make your own opinions on whoever is the CD.

ex techie

I think they should make Tisa the Fantasy CD. She's fantastic.

Tisa was the club host on a couple of our cruises. I agree that she is excellent, but she doesn't have the training or experience for the "behind the scenes" responsibilities of the CD.....yet. She may well get there.

The CD does a lot more than make a few announcements and on stage appearances.

• 2 weeks later...