Split baths/ step in tubs

We just fix a quick cruise on the Dream and had the split bathroom- with the commode and sink in one area and the tub/sower in the other. We were in a balcony cabin. My question is whether all cabins with the split bath design have the step in shower/tub? I thought my head was going to hit the ceiling in the tub shower and my traveling companion had to duck to take a shower. Just wondering if there were showers without the tub option.

That is my understanding also. Only HA cabins and some concierge suites will have a walk in shower although there are a few cabins on the new ships with "different" bathroom set ups (like the circular shower) that may meet your needs.

However, adults do have the option of showering in the locker room by the spa/fitness center.

Edited by moki'smommy

On the Dream and Fantasy, there are a few (maybe 6-10) cabins that were originally built as accessible but for various reasons, didn't meet the standards. These don't have the split baths and are available to anyone to book (unlike actual accessible cabins).

• 3 weeks later...

We did not like the bathroom setup at all on our Disney cruise. We are tall and hit our heads also trying to take a shower. Also, could not sit on the toilet without hitting our knees so had to sit sideways. It was also like musical chairs .... use the toilet in one room and then go out the door and into the other bathroom to take a shower. We much prefer Carnival's split bathroom; shower, sink and toilet in one and then a tub and sink in another.

• 2 weeks later...
We did not like the bathroom setup at all on our Disney cruise. We are tall and hit our heads also trying to take a shower. Also, could not sit on the toilet without hitting our knees so had to sit sideways. It was also like musical chairs .... use the toilet in one room and then go out the door and into the other bathroom to take a shower. We much prefer Carnival's split bathroom; shower, sink and toilet in one and then a tub and sink in another.

We've only experience DCL cruises and I totally agree with this - in fact, I don't understand the purpose. BTW, we're short (5'6" & 5'1") and still felt the same with the toilet area. Using the split BR arrangement put me more at risk for motion sickness that the cruise. :D

I like having toilet and shower in different rooms because if someone gets up before you and takes a shower, you don't have to wait for them to finish to use the loo. endlessly useful.

But you do understand that with the setup on Carnival, two people can take a shower/bath at the same time in different rooms, whereas with Disney Cruise Line only one person can take a shower/bath at a time.

But you do understand that with the setup on Carnival, two people can take a shower/bath at the same time in different rooms, whereas with Disney Cruise Line only one person can take a shower/bath at a time.

We only take showers. Being adults with no kids, we don't need a tub. It would be wasted space. Now if DCL would have a shower in each section of their split baths, THAT would be useful to us! :D

Have never sailed Carnival. How many of their ships have two "complete" bathrooms?

We only take showers. Being adults with no kids, we don't need a tub. It would be wasted space. Now if DCL would have a shower in each section of their split baths, THAT would be useful to us! :D

Have never sailed Carnival. How many of their ships have two "complete" bathrooms?

4 of their current ships - the Dream class (Dream, Magic and Breeze) and the Vista class (so far just the Vista but there is a confirmed Vista II and rumoured to be a Vista III).

The bathtubs on the DCL ships are definitely made for little people. I don't think anyone over the age of 8 could sit in one of them. But parents do like the to bathe their children.

That said, the showers are definitely sub-optimal for adults. However, as noted, there are the adult showers in the locker rooms.

The bathtubs on the DCL ships are definitely made for little people. I don't think anyone over the age of 8 could sit in one of them. But parents do like the to bathe their children.

That said' date=' the showers are definitely sub-optimal for adults. However, as noted, there are the adult showers in the locker rooms.[/quote']

True, but when I pay for a stateroom with shower I intend to use that shower. It is a primary feature that is expected. I personally would consider it unacceptable to have to trek to the spa to shower. :eek:

At least I am only 5'7" and slim enough to fit in the cabin's shower without a problem, but it would be nice to have one in each "split" section when I travel with my hubby or a friend. Doing another solo next time though so no problem! :D

4 of their current ships - the Dream class (Dream, Magic and Breeze) and the Vista class (so far just the Vista but there is a confirmed Vista II and rumoured to be a Vista III).

Which cat Staterooms have this?

I had a look on their website to see the set up and couldn't find any room layouts that showed this even the Grand Suites?

ex techie

Which cat Staterooms have this?

I had a look on their website to see the set up and couldn't find any room layouts that showed this even the Grand Suites?

ex techie

I know that the oceanview staterooms on the Breeze and Dream have the split bathroom. Oh, and the tub in the split is a combo shower/tub plus sink, while the other split half has a shower, toilet and sink.So, you effectively have 2 showers in one stateroom. Not sure if any balcony cabins have this or not.

Edited by blondietink

I know that the oceanview staterooms on the Breeze and Dream have the split bathroom. Oh, and the tub in the split is a combo shower/tub plus sink, while the other split half has a shower, toilet and sink.So, you effectively have 2 showers in one stateroom. Not sure if any balcony cabins have this or not.

Thanks!

I was looking at higher decks and expecting them to have more amenities!

ex techie

edit to add:

That layout does look good, but a little cramped in the rest of the room however.

CL_VS_6L_DeluxeOV_1254_FL.jpg

I wonder why the suites higher up do not have the same?

Edited by Ex techie

We are a family of 4 adults and find there is plenty of room in the oceanview with the split bathroom. I believe it is 220 sq. ft. Lots of storage space, especially since the luggage fits under the king bed.

Don't know the answer to your suite question.

We are a family of 4 adults and find there is plenty of room in the oceanview with the split bathroom. I believe it is 220 sq. ft. Lots of storage space, especially since the luggage fits under the king bed.

Don't know the answer to your suite question.

Thats cool.

The pleather sofas would irk me though. Really cheap and nasty.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

With the small amount of time that is actually spent in the bathroom, personally I'd rather have that extra space in my room than make the bathrooms bigger! I'm 5'10", and I don't even remember having to sit sideways on the toilet or duck to use the shower. Although I'm sure I did - but definitely not what I remember about the cruise! I do love the split set up though - I didn't have to wait to use the bathroom when someone was showering, and 2 people could get ready at the same time!