Fantasy 9/10/16

jamer

Booked this cruise over 6 months ago. Just went to reservation site and now it say "Halloween on the Seas". When did that happen? Not sure if my relaxation cruise will become a horror cruise or fun.:confused:

If you've ever done "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween" at the Magic Kingdom, this is similar but on a lesser scale. There is no horror or scary stuff at all. It's a move by DCL to stimulate interest in what had been an "off" season for cruising.

There is a "Halloween Tree" with decorations, a Trick or Treat night, etc. It isn't a huge deal. The Halloween activities are mostly limited to one day of the cruise. (note, mostly!)

As of 6/12/16 nothing was on our reservation info(that as our final payment date and when we could do arrival time and tours. I looked thru all the info I printed out from the day we made our reservations, nothing about Halloween on the Seas. Today I went onto the site to schedule another tour and saw the NEW headline. It was a surprise:eek:

DCL did this to people last year as well. You can essentially guess that anything from Labor Day thru Halloween could end up as a Halloween cruise. THey didn't add the info to people's reservations, but if you looked up the dates on line, they were there.

As of 6/12/16 nothing was on our reservation info(that as our final payment date and when we could do arrival time and tours. I looked thru all the info I printed out from the day we made our reservations, nothing about Halloween on the Seas. Today I went onto the site to schedule another tour and saw the NEW headline. It was a surprise:eek:

I find that interesting, as I posted the Halloween on the High Seas dates (from the DCL website) on May 10th on another site. So the information was there.

From the DCL website:

Sail Dates and Reservations

Don’t miss this special Halloween party at sea, offered fleet-wide during select sail dates in 2016.

Ship/

Sail Dates

Disney Magic/

October 2, 2016 - October 29, 2016

Disney Dream/

September 2, 2016 - October 31, 2016

Disney Fantasy/

September 3, 2016 - October 29, 2016

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/halloween-on-the-high-seas/

I find that interesting, as I posted the Halloween on the High Seas dates (from the DCL website) on May 10th on another site. So the information was there.

From the DCL website:

Sail Dates and Reservations

Don’t miss this special Halloween party at sea, offered fleet-wide during select sail dates in 2016.

Ship/

Sail Dates

Disney Magic/

October 2, 2016 - October 29, 2016

Disney Dream/

September 2, 2016 - October 31, 2016

Disney Fantasy/

September 3, 2016 - October 29, 2016

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/halloween-on-the-high-seas/

I posted a link here on April 8th.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2339410

ex techie

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing about Halloween on the High Seas that irks me is the window clings on the portholes off the main atrium lobby. I'm sure the kids love these, so whatever. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween anyway, but lots of people are, so I just ignore what I can and don't let it spoil my enjoyment. It's my fault for booking mid-Sept - LOL (but it's the only time of year I can afford).

Edited by Got2GoGo