#1 thing to do on a Disney Cruise

#1 thing to do? Not worry about doing things. Must see? My family relaxing and not worrying about doing things. I don't cruise for ports. I cruise for the ship, and I don't try to do it all when onboard because then I just don't feel like I'm vacationing.

Favorite places? Skyline. Meridian. Remy. The verandah of my stateroom. The Cove Bar. Satellite Falls. My wife loves the dry sauna in the Rainforest Room. It has a 4x8 window overlooking the ocean. Movies in the Buena Vista Theatre.

I've met so many interesting people and cast members just sitting at the bar nursing a drink for an hour while talking. People on Disney cruises are really friendly typically.

Since you cruise other lines, for this one, I would put the focus on the "Disney" aspect of the "Disney Cruise".

Characters, deck parties, Pirate Night, Aquaduck, rotational dining, Disney shows (not the variety act stuff, you can often find that on other lines but the few nights of Disney themed shows), first run Disney movies, on demand television (good for winding down at night or just to start some happy background noise in the morning) plus activities like character drawing, who wants to be a mouse-keteer, behind the theme tours (if offered), stuff like that.

Pirate night. I think it's one thing that is unique to Disney. Be sure to see it. My son was so wiped out from activities and not wanting to nap that he missed the whole thing. We couldn't wake him at all. So my husband stayed with him while I went on deck and taped the show and fireworks.

This is actually a really tricky question. I just sat here for 5 minutes, weighing the different activities and events against each other. It's really really hard to just think of one. I really thought I would be able to pinpoint something. I think overall the things we tried that we didn't necessarily plan to do ended up being some of the more fun things. I loved snorkeling the course in Castaway Cay. We didn't know about the little café that is overlooking the atrium, on the Dream, that has little salamis and olives and cheeses. The rain forest room was a real treat as well. Again, I think because I didn't have any preconceived notions. If I had to list them all, there would be dozens of things that were just standouts across our two cruises. Just a blast!

What are the must things to do and see on a 7 night Disney cruise?

If your kids want a meet and greet with the princesses, I would definitely make that your first priority on Deck 5 (Port Adventures on the Dream at least). They are now offering to reserve the tickets online, but if you missed that, definitely get there ASAP. I would hate for your little princess to miss out on that. We did the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique (BBB) before all the pictures with the Princesses. But I warn you, it isn't cheap. Take your kids swimming before the BBB, if you decide to do that with them. Otherwise, it's a good $60 out the window if they go in the pool later. Do it on a day you're at sea. That way they aren't in their princess dress on an excursion. That would be very uncomfortable for them, I would imagine. I would also buy the dress at a Disney Store on land in your area. It drastically reduces the cost at the BBB. Have fun! Once you go DCL, you'll never do anything else again! IMHO

Priority - pack comfy clothes you can sit it. Our first cruise I didn't like anything I packed - except for the bathing suit - it all felt too constricting. We do a LOT more sitting on the cruise than on land vacations.

We've only cruised twice - both times on DCL (Wonder followed by the Dream). The first thing we do, after dumping our stuff in the cabin, is walk the open deck, enjoying the sea. They we scope out the seating areas. Last cruise we were so enjoying the view we forgot about the dinner seating so were late. The staff was very nice (we were only 15 minutes) but next cruise we'll try and remember the time.

We sale the Dream again in January and our priority will be to map out how to avoid the children's play area as it is extremely loud. :eek:

Edited by Purdue16

We sale the Dream again in January and our priority will be to map out how to avoid the children's play area as it is extremely loud. :eek:

We tend to transit via either Deck 10 or Deck 4 to avoid the family pool deck on the Dream and Fantasy. We just walk the hallways or Promenade until we get to the area of the elevator bank we need. We'll even leave the Cove on Deck 11, go down to 10, walk all the way aft and take the elevator or stairs back up to 12 if we want to go to Meridian. We find the Promenade deck to be our favorite, to be honest, though. Easy to access the Deck 4 adult areas and the aft elevators get us up to 12 to the adult area as well.

For me it was my morning room service coffee on the veranda! For our kids it was the character meet and greets, the dance parties, and the Disney Jr. Breakfast, and for our entire family it was the pirate party and nightly shows!

I read this as what's the first thing you do when you get onboard. Oops. For our family we love the meet and greets and the shows. My husband loves taking the kids to the movies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk