AMA ships ?

petlover

We have been on 2 wonderful AMA river cruises. We Loved everything about them EXCEPT the noise level in the dining room due to the low ceilings. It was very difficult to have a conversation with table mates.

I'm curious if any of their newer ships have higher ceilings or remedied the noise situation in the dining room? If so, we'd love to go on another river cruise.

Thank you.

We are very recently back from the Serena, their newest ship. She is drop dead gorgeous and we had an amazing cruise! We were also on the AmaReina and AmaCerto and they are the new design.

The newer boats have partitions and booths in the center and that seems to temper the noise somewhat. Ceilings are not any higher though but on this trip we did not really notice a lot of noise in the dining room.

In 2014 we were on their oldest boat, the AmaDagio, and the dining room felt more cramped and was noisier.

We never noticed a noise problem in the dining room on the older Ama ships (we have sailed on Cello and Dagio). Maybe you need to take more advantage of the included wine at dinner. Note that it says right on the bottle "alcohol by volume" :D

We never noticed a noise problem in the dining room on the older Ama ships (we have sailed on Cello and Dagio). Maybe you need to take more advantage of the included wine at dinner. Note that it says right on the bottle "alcohol by volume" :D

Best post of the day!😀🍷 A good chuckle on a very cold, snowy grey day here. Thanks, Jazzbeau!

Hi Everyone!

I'm booked for my First Riverboat cruise on the AMA Waterways...AMAViola (brand new) on April 21, 2016...Tulip Time cruise.

Question...

Is anyone familiar with the Embarktion and Disembarktion times for AMA Waterways riverboats?

I'm looking for a heads up on the above info from people who have cruised with AMA Waterways before. When can we start to board and when do they usually start off loading passengers at the end of the cruise?

Thank You for any info you can share with me.

Pat

Hi Cindy, I will be sailing on AMA in April for the very first time:D

I didn't think River cruises had a "Captain's Dinner".....I could be

wrong of course;) but after doing research and reading all about River

cruises, I don't recall seeing anything about Capt's Dinners.

Hi Everyone!

I'm booked for my First Riverboat cruise on the AMA Waterways...AMAViola (brand new) on April 21, 2016...Tulip Time cruise.

Question...

Is anyone familiar with the Embarktion and Disembarktion times for AMA Waterways riverboats?

I'm looking for a heads up on the above info from people who have cruised with AMA Waterways before. When can we start to board and when do they usually start off loading passengers at the end of the cruise?

Thank You for any info you can share with me.

Pat

On our AMA cruise, debarkation was not a set time as it depended on your plans from then on. since we overnighted in Budapest some had early am flights and left the ship at 3:30 or so. Breakfast started early to acvommodate them and continued untl 9 or so. The CD knew everyone's plans and helped with transfers if needed. Luggage was placed outside the door about an hour or so before you planned to leave. We left the ship around 9 am and there were still passengers on the ship. You had to vacate your cabin by a set time but could wait in the lounge if you had a later flight. I do not know how late one could stay on the ship. The crew does need to prepare for the boarding guests.

As for embarkation, most on our cruise arrived together late afternoon having arranged a transfer from Prague to Vilshofen. I think you can board earlier and wait in the lounge until your cabin is ready.

we're on april 8 wine cruise.

no, sport coats asre not needed,however 50% wear them

6 AMA cruises and 11 river cruises and never did I see anywhere even close to 50% of men in sport coats. Most nights none at all and Captain's receptions 5-10%.

NEVER close to 50% on any line.