Croisieurope reviews

oceans52

Hi looking to book our first river cruise in June this year. Danube from Vienna 7 nights with Croisieurope. We have not booked yet. I can't find any reviews on Croisieurope. I now they a French line that has recently widened their advertising to further afield. Has anyone used them recently. They seem to offer more for your money than other lines? What do others think or any other suggestions. We are based in the Uk. Thanks in advance

Hi looking to book our first river cruise in June this year. Danube from Vienna 7 nights with Croisieurope. We have not booked yet. I can't find any reviews on Croisieurope. I now they a French line that has recently widened their advertising to further afield. Has anyone used them recently. They seem to offer more for your money than other lines? What do others think or any other suggestions. We are based in the Uk. Thanks in advance

Croisi is very new to the North American market. It is known for value and their boats range from very basic to modest IMO. They categorize them by Anchor ratings.

We were aboard one of the newest (and highest anchor) vessels for a look last year while on the Rhone. Boat was modern, very clean and had a minimalist decor. Passengers were very largely European.

They offer one entree at lunch and dinner only, though we were told that guests with special requirements can be accommodated. They group the English speaking guests together at meals (this is what we were told) rather than mix them in with other guests.

Cabins were small and basic, and on this boat are larger than on most of their other vessels.

It is not for me as we prefer an upscale to luxury experience. It all depends on what you are looking for IMO.

I did look at them for a luxury barge trip in France but am hesitant about committing to that unless I know the other guests. Would hate to get stuck with smokers or worse.

Edited by caviargal

• Members

We have Beethoven on our site; looks like three reviews so far: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=829.

We also have this story on CroisiEurope from last year: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2015/04/15/you-might-like-croisieurope-if/.

Hope it helps!

We have Beethoven on our site; looks like three reviews so far: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=829.

We also have this story on CroisiEurope from last year: http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2015/04/15/you-might-like-croisieurope-if/.

Hope it helps!

How does one go about reviewing a cruise on a river ship that isn't included on the drop downs? We are heading out on GCCL's Bizet for a Seine cruise. I looked for reviews and it isn't listed.

oceans52 if you search for croisiEurope on c c you will find some feedback I have given. My first trip with them was from Vienna on the Danube. Since then I have been on the Douro, Venice Lagoon and Adriatic with them. I am also due to cruise the Seine from Paris in August.

I have never had any problems with them. The main onboard language is French followed by English then others as needed. Once we had 14 nationalities on board with announcements in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian and Norwegian.

Ages I have seen range from a 1 year old upto people in their 90's. Often 3 or 4 generation of families holidaying together.

We have sailed twice on CroisiEurope boats. Both were Road Scholar trips. The first was out of Bordeaux--we had our own guide and our own tours, so I can't speak to the tours from the boat. The people from NZ that we met enjoyed all their tours. The second was in Spain again with our own guide and schedule.

The cabins were so different--the first trip was on a brand new boat, so everything sparkled. Plenty of storage and hanging space. The bathroom a good size but still a "yacht" shower. The second was an older boat in need of brightening--cabin an ample size, storage a bit on the sparse side. Bathroom same as other boat.

Food on both so different. On the first breakfast not a great buffet--eggs runny or hardboiled. The breads and cold cuts were good. The second trip, breakfast was wonderful. There was a basket of rolls and sweet rolls on each table as well as at the buffet. Eggs and pancakes were made to order.

On both trips lunch and dinner were plated--one main course at each. On both if it was something you could not or would not eat, the chefs were very happy to offer something. While DH and I have no food allergies, those on both of our trips with allergies were watched carefully that they did not get anything on their plates to cause discomfort.

Seating on both trips was at tables set aside for our group--we could sit at any of them. They staff on the trip in Spain had a better command of the English language.

We enjoyed these trips--it may have been that we were a group of about 20 on each of the trips. If you have any questions, would be happy to try to answer them. Pat

Edited by pacmom

Thanks pacmom, have you tried any other cruise lines apart from Croisieurope. How would you rate the food in general. I think having a choice of meals would be better as there will be a group of ten. The cost of the cruise with Croisieurope is not much cheaper than some of the other cruise lines but I think it includes alcohol - which was why I looked at them originally.

Oceans52,

There was a vast difference between the two trips. On the first, anything you drank between meals--coffee and tea included-you paid for. The second trip we found that bottled water was always available along with coffee and tea. All day long soft drinks and all but premium alcohol were available at no cost.

We have traveled: AMAwaterways ( which we like best), Avalon, Cruise West, Uniworld (before they became all inclusive), Grand Circle, Vantage,and Viking. Also went to Machu Pichu and a Peruvian River cruise with Gadventures. We closely examine where we want to cruise, they various lines sailing, what is included on each. One thing we look at closely is the number of passengers--anything over 150-160, we try to avoid. We have never been on a Viking longship and no desire to do so. All our Viking trips were before the longships.

Food is important--we are closet foodies. The single menu on Croisie was never a problem--always well prepared and served piping hot. We are looking at a Road Scholar on the Loire with Croisie--about 90passengers.

Hope this answers some of your questions. Pat

something I forgot to mention about food. It was definitely regional. The trip in France mostly had French dishes in the evening. In Spain, we had Spanish and dishes from Portugal. They was a sparkling wine offered--a Spanish Cava--very nice on a hot afternoon. Pat

• 1 month later...

We have some experience with Croisieurope. The company has 40 years now. It started in Strabourg (FRance) by Mr Gerard Smitter and is still in family hands. meanwhile they expanded very much worldwide. Even in Asia on the Douro they have now their own ships.

I have been with them in Bordeaux and in Portugal on the Douro. Excellent price/quality product level.

And my next Croisieurope cruise will be very soon end April/May 2016 with the "mv Indochine" (they own ) on the Mekong river in Cambodja / Vietnam (Siem Reap - Saigon). I will let you know afterwards, but I expect it to be a excellent level.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
How does one go about reviewing a cruise on a river ship that isn't included on the drop downs? We are heading out on GCCL's Bizet for a Seine cruise. I looked for reviews and it isn't listed.

Hi, I wanted to let you know that Bizet is now on our site (as are all of the Grand Circle ships). So once you come back, please leave a review!

Hi, I wanted to let you know that Bizet is now on our site (as are all of the Grand Circle ships). So once you come back, please leave a review!

And please post a review here on the River Cruising forum as well!

And my next Croisieurope cruise will be very soon end April/May 2016 with the "mv Indochine" (they own ) on the Mekong river in Cambodja / Vietnam (Siem Reap - Saigon). I will let you know afterwards, but I expect it to be a excellent level.

I was on the AmaLotus on the same itinerary as the mv Indochine and saw the ship at the same landing spots, but I wasn't inside. We never met the passengers although they must have gone to the same temples and villages. I noticed that the cabins of the mv Indochine open to an outside walkway around the ship. The AmaLotus cabins open to an inside corridor and have small balconies and windows at the outside.

I enjoyed this leisurely cruise very much. If you go to the silk factory on the Vietnam stretch of the river and you like silk, buy more than one blouse. Mine washed beautifully in a gentle cycle and woolite and needed only a slight touch of ironing, not needed if you hang it carefully.