Ooops,Forgot to Bring

RCLFan

One time we went on a seven day visit to my parents'. My husband forgot to pack shirts. Zero shirts. Except the one he was wearing. It was funny...he borrowed a couple from my stepfather, who is about 2 sizes smaller!

On our second cruise, I packed my camera and several SD cards...but forgot to pack the camera charger! It was one of those cameras with a weird flat battery, so no other charger would do. I didn't have my cell phone then either, so only about six photos of that trip!

One time we went on a seven day visit to my parents'. My husband forgot to pack shirts. Zero shirts. Except the one he was wearing. It was funny...he borrowed a couple from my stepfather, who is about 2 sizes smaller!

On our second cruise, I packed my camera and several SD cards...but forgot to pack the camera charger! It was one of those cameras with a weird flat battery, so no other charger would do. I didn't have my cell phone then either, so only about six photos of that trip!

My solution would have been to buy a P&S at my first port and then if you do not want to keep it, just sell it when you get home.

DON

Can certainly understand how all of these could have easily been forgotten!! A question off the subject if I may. Up north after Labor Day, wearing white was not often done, we would wear winter white. [emoji6]Now I'm living in Florida,I wear white all year long. I understand I can wear what I choose on the cruise. I'm just looking for feedback. On formal nights do you find women typically wearing black or can I wear cream or white formalwear? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can certainly understand how all of these could have easily been forgotten!! A question off the subject if I may. Up north after Labor Day, wearing white was not often done, we would wear winter white. [emoji6]Now I'm living in Florida,I wear white all year long. I understand I can wear what I choose on the cruise. I'm just looking for feedback. On formal nights do you find women typically wearing black or can I wear cream or white formalwear? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wear what you want.....formal night isn't so formal anymore.

On one cruise I had packed the DH's tux, tux accessories, dress shoes, socks to match.

But...I forgot to pack his tux shirt!! :eek:

He never let me live that one down, so now my answer to that??

I make him pack his own stuff...what he forgets is HIS fault now. ;) :p

Several cruises ago, I had forgotten to pack a dress shirt to wear with my suit and tie. Ever since then, I've made it a habit to group related things together before packing. Suit, dress shirt, tie, dress shoes. Swim trunks, flip flops, sun block. Shorts, t-shirts, pullover knit shirts. Etc. etc. By doing this, I may over pack just a little, but I don't forget anything. ;)

Several cruises ago, I had forgotten to pack a dress shirt to wear with my suit and tie. Ever since then, I've made it a habit to group related things together before packing. Suit, dress shirt, tie, dress shoes. Swim trunks, flip flops, sun block. Shorts, t-shirts, pullover knit shirts. Etc. etc. By doing this, I may over pack just a little, but I don't forget anything. ;)

Don't forget the dark socks with the suit group. I forgot to pack them for my husband last cruise. He was quite fashionable in his white ankle socks, black shoes and dress pants

I forgot to pack long pants that were hanging on the back of our guest room door, which is where we start laying stuff out to pack. DW does all the packing I just lay out what I want to take. She forgot to look behind the door (go figure).

I had rented a tux and I don't think anybody noticed I was wearing tux pants in the dining room on non-formal nights.

My dad forgot to leave his car keys. I was meant to drop them off at the airport and drive his car back home afterwards. The drop off went fine. I left the car in the car park where we dropped them off and popped to a nearby shopping center for 2 or 3 hours and came back to the car...It was then I remembered he had the key less entry token in his pocket and he was now on the plane. To make matters worse my house keys were locked safely inside his car and I was 2.5 hours drive from home! :eek::eek:

My dad forgot to leave his car keys. I was meant to drop them off at the airport and drive his car back home afterwards. The drop off went fine. I left the car in the car park where we dropped them off and popped to a nearby shopping center for 2 or 3 hours and came back to the car...It was then I remembered he had the key less entry token in his pocket and he was now on the plane. To make matters worse my house keys were locked safely inside his car and I was 2.5 hours drive from home! :eek::eek:

A friend of mine was setting off on the Sydney to Hobart yacht race, he was planning on being gone for three weeks, three or four days racing to Hobart, a week in Tasmania and then a leisurely sail back.

Just passing through Sydney heads when a speed boat pulls up, "Your missus would like the car keys, she doesn't fancy being stuck in Sydney for three weeks".

Yep he sailed off with the car, and house, keys in his pocket.

This is why we always carry both sets of keys. One for each person on the trip. If one is lost or left with one person when the other needs access, there is always one. We do this on all kinds of trips. It has been useful several times.

I always pack a Swiss Army knife in shipped luggage. Had security pull it out and say "Allowed?" The answer is always OK and we use it. Has corkscrew, file (to escape) toothpick, tweezers, scissors and a hole punch in case you need to drain your deck. That was last cruise when we got flooded on deck 8.

I always pack a Swiss Army knife in shipped luggage. Had security pull it out and say "Allowed?" The answer is always OK and we use it. Has corkscrew, file (to escape) toothpick, tweezers, scissors and a hole punch in case you need to drain your deck. That was last cruise when we got flooded on deck 8.

The OP asked what important items you forgot, not what important items you brought.

DON

last year getting ready for a cruise out of New York North to Quebec City, on a Princess Cruise line ship, we laid out the suit cases on the bed in the guest bed room.

The wife started packing. Then I added some stuff. The wife added more stuff.

Got onto the ship and found that my light jacket was not with us.

So, off to the ship shop to buy something. I found both Pink and Gray sweat shirts. I picked the gray.

Then I walked around advertising to the world, both on ship and off, that I was a Princess. (Nice white advertising on back of shirt) :D

The wife now has a nice gray sweat shirt.

And, I will stay away from packing in the future.

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob

After more than a dozen cruises and an extensive list, we always managed to leave something behind. The worst was the OTC medicine for a cold. Woke in the middle of the night with it suddenly. Shops closed, arrived in Dominica with VERY little to choose from and it took up so much of our day. NOW, I carry OTC meds for EVERYTHING. Travel size if possible and pills and capsules to avoid any liquids on the plane. We've forgotten black socks for formal night...and my DAD forgot to have them remove the security (ink) tag on his new suit for formal night. I had a sewing kit and it was (luckily) on the seam, which I stitched back up for the night. Over the years, we've forgotten swim suit cover-ups, sunscreen, feminine products, but we've always managed to find a place on the ship or in port and even guest services has helped us. Once on the way to port, on a cruise with the whole extended family, we all got out of the van and my Mom decided out of habit, to hit the switch to lock the doors. The keys were inside, the van was running and it was coming a monsoon. We were in the middle of nowhere because she had insisted we get off the beaten path to find a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. We came close to leaving our PATIENCE behind on that one....lol.

• 4 months later...

We have a cruise coming up in June on the RCL Allure of the Seas. My husband has a CPAP he must have for sleeping. (And so other's on the ship can sleep, LOL) I have read that extension cords/surge protectors are not allowed. What can we do? On the Norwegien Epic, they had no problem with that 2 years ago. Thanks.

I have a cosmetic bag I call my pharmacy. Every OTC med known to man (or woman).

One time my DIL forgot to bring socks. Fortunately we went in a day early and she walked to a sports store and bought a package of them.

We got on board. I unpacked and guess what I forgot? Socks. She loaned me some.

Edited by gooch47

Excited to buy some NEW cruise outfits, I ironed and hung all in the closet until packing time. :D

Packed my bag with the clothes and onboard discovered all my new clothes were in the closet at home!

I did make do with what I had. :)

@katbroad

Two things you can do -- contact Ship Services and request one of their own extension cords/power strips to be in your cabin. OR bring an extension cord WITHOUT a surge protector. The CPAP will be in no danger on the ship, without one. But the ship will be in danger if you HAVE a surge protector. The electricity on the ship is different than ashore.

I can't explain but if you search the forum for similar queries you can find an explanation by "chengKP" where ch-eng is short for Chief Engineer. Yes he works on ships!

Carry the cord in your hand-luggage, so that they don't hold your checked bag to have you come and prove it's not surge protected.