Chocolate Milk

Hi everyone! We have cruised several times with several lines. This time we are taking our toddler. It will be our first cruise with a little :) We are super excited!! She loves to drink chocolate milk at breakfast time every morning. The rest of the day we can do without it, but I'm wondering if I need to bring some aboard or at least bring some chocolate syrup to mix it ourselves? We will be sailing the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans. Anybody know if chocolate milk is available on board?

Thanks!

MSCruisingirl,

Chocolate milk is usually available on Carnival sailings during Breakfast hours at no added cost.

I will be sailing on the Dream next week, so when I return I will try and remember to confirm their offerings and brand. It's been Borden the last 2 Carnival cruises I've been on leaving from Galveston or New Orleans.

Best

Yes they do. We were on the Dream in May and my DH, DS(22), and DD(19) love getting chocolate milk in the morning. They usually took a few extra and put them in the refrigerator to drink during the day and at night with some cookies. You never too old for some chocolate milk :D.

You might find a healthier drink anyway. Like blended coffee drinks, chocolate milk is another sweet treat that’s actually sodium-rich. The salt is there to preserve the shelf life of the product, but it’s bad for your health.

You might find a healthier drink anyway. Like blended coffee drinks, chocolate milk is another sweet treat that’s actually sodium-rich. The salt is there to preserve the shelf life of the product, but it’s bad for your health.

The OP is asking for her toddler so I doubt coffee blended drinks would be good choice for them either.

Why any parent would buy or allow their child to drink chocolate milk or other favored milk for breakfast either at home or at school is beyond me.

On vacation I get it, but at home every day :(

Each to their own I guess.

ex techie

Well I didn't recommend Coffee! I said "LIKE COFFEE" But then you probably read something else entirely so I will explain it to you. You're on it faster than a fat kid at a cake buffet. Besides, I love kids but not the ones who are sugared up on crap their dumbed down parents feed them at a meal to shut them up. People don't know what is good to feed a kid because they don't read anything. My daughter wouldn't feed her 5 kids anything with sugar in it until they were 8. I was trying to say it nicely but there's no good way. So sorry.

There is always a buzz kill in every thread

Perfect! Glad to know that we can get them for the fridge! That will make mornings much easier!

The fridge is more like a cooler. Only one time, on Princess have we had one that was actually cold enough for milk. (Our travel click has a thermometer)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update the thread on the Chocolate milk situation on the Carnival Dream. They serve TruMoo Chocolate milk. It's not the best I've ever tasted, but still worth the calories!

The mini fridge we had in our Cove balcony room (2405) was plenty cold to keep the milk safe to drink, and our sodas were frosty cold whenever we needed one.

[q

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well I didn't recommend Coffee! I said "LIKE COFFEE" But then you probably read something else entirely so I will explain it to you. You're on it faster than a fat kid at a cake buffet. Besides, I love kids but not the ones who are sugared up on crap their dumbed down parents feed them at a meal to shut them up. People don't know what is good to feed a kid because they don't read anything. My daughter wouldn't feed her 5 kids anything with sugar in it until they were 8. I was trying to

say it nicely but there's no good way. So sorry.

Wow. :D

I'm happpy you tried to say it nicely. I wonder what THE OTHER version would have been.

We get this for our grand kids - especially when traveling, No refrigeration needed - UHT shelf stable.

SS_Choc_2015.png

I think it is available nationwide but some stores put it in the dairy cases and others on shelf.

Of course, some people just couldn't resist. If the OP wants to give their toddler chocolate milk at every meal, it's really no on else's concern.

had a friend who allowed her child to drink milk( white and chocolate) 24/7 to include in her bedtime bottle. before she was 2 all her baby teeth had rotted out and she needed special braces/retainers so her permanent teeth would come in semi normally.

last I saw her she was letting her newborn son do the exact same thing....of course at that time her husband was actively defrauding the US Navy to get out of a deployment, so I suppose I should not have been surprised.

had a friend who allowed her child to drink milk( white and chocolate) 24/7 to include in her bedtime bottle. before she was 2 all her baby teeth had rotted out and she needed special braces/retainers so her permanent teeth would come in semi normally.

last I saw her she was letting her newborn son do the exact same thing....of course at that time her husband was actively defrauding the US Navy to get out of a deployment, so I suppose I should not have been surprised.

As you make your bed, so shall you lie in it.

I feel that if someone makes a choice that wouldn't be mine, they get to deal with the consequences not me. Also, telling someone what they should do or not do is rarely heeded.

Every Carnival cruise we have been on has had milk available throughout the day and evening.

At breakfast it was on the Lido deck at the buffet, during the day and evening simply ask a buffet cruise member for some and they will quickly get it for you..very nice!

There was 2%; and non-fat white milk and low fat chocolate milk....all of it was yummy :D as we love our milk!!

Bottle caries, but I am curious, having worked in a children's dental office for a long time, what kind of braces/retainers would be even possible if all the deciduous teeth had rotted? There would be nothing to anchor them to.

Bottle caries, but I am curious, having worked in a children's dental office for a long time, what kind of braces/retainers would be even possible if all the deciduous teeth had rotted? There would be nothing to anchor them to.

Good question.

Spookwife, I hope you didn't mean just a night time bottle causes the cavities, it's not allowing the child to finish the bottle first and then putting them down with a bottle.