Obtaining Elite Status through Cruise Loyalty Challenge Programs

SelectSys

Sorry for the awkward title, but the discussion of loyalty programs brought to mind how, at least in the past, airlines would provide immediate status to someone who could show elite status in another airline's program.

Does this type of situation exist in the cruise industry? Can I leverage my elite status in one line to get benefits in another? Just curious if anyone has seen or been the recipient of this kind of status granting.

MSC will match loyalty programs. I read a thread recently where someone was Platinum on Carnival and MSC assigned them a decent level.

From what I understand you don't necessarily have to match from a cruise line's status - if I remember correctly you could use a hotel or airline status (but you can only use one).

Generally speaking, you can't go to different cruise lines and use your status from another, unless they are all part of the parent company. For example, you can't use Carnival or Princess or HAL status on Royal Caribbean ships, and vice versa. But you can use some of your status on Royal Caribbean on Celebrity and Azamara ships, and vice versa because they are all part of the same parent company.

MSC does match cruise status...

NEW STATUS MATCH PROGRAM

Discover our cruises and we'll guarantee the benefits you are used to.

We are excited to introduce our new and exclusive Status Match program dedicated to the frequent travelers like you! If you belong to a loyalty program of other travel brands (cruise lines and hotels), you will be able to join the MSC Voyagers Club for FREE and receive the matching status card, guaranteeing you a 5% discount on any booking PLUS similar benefit status*.

Take advantage of our new program to discover the world of MSC Cruises, while enjoying all the benefits you are used to:

• 5% discount for all sailings- anytime, anywhere

• Free membership in the NEW MSC Voyagers Club

• Save an extra 5%-15% off on select voyages departures

• Top-tier Black Card members enjoy added benefits like:

- Priority boarding and disembarkation

- Complimentary Spumante with chocolate-dipped fruit

- Late stateroom check out

- A free one-hour thermal area session in the MSC Aurea Spa

- An invitation to a private Black Card member party

- And so much more

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

ARE YOU A NEW MSC GUEST?

If you have never traveled with MSC Cruises, the MSC Status Match Program is your perfect way to start.

Simply fill our form and start enjoying the world of the MSC Cruises.

You'll need your card number, photo of membership card (or other proof) and issue date of current loyalty program to complete the form.

1. Gather your card number, photo of membership card (or other proof) and issue date of current loyalty program.

2. Fill in and submit the registration form (all fields are mandatory).

3. The MSC Voyagers Club team will contact you with the details of your new loyalty status.

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE REGISTRATION FORM

This form is for guests who've never sailed with MSC Cruises.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

MSC will match loyalty programs. I read a thread recently where someone was Platinum on Carnival and MSC assigned them a decent level.

Thanks - interesting to know they are aggressively seeking to capture business

Generally speaking, you can't go to different cruise lines and use your status from another, unless they are all part of the parent company. For example, you can't use Carnival or Princess or HAL status on Royal Caribbean ships, and vice versa. But you can use some of your status on Royal Caribbean on Celebrity and Azamara ships, and vice versa because they are all part of the same parent company.

I knew about some of this with the same parent company. What bums me out is that, at least at RCCL, the programs aren't integrated and your cruise points don't add up and you only get the best status from cruises on a single line.

MSC does match cruise status...

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE REGISTRATION FORM

This form is for guests who've never sailed with MSC Cruises.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Thanks for the details regarding MSC!

Thanks - interesting to know they are aggressively seeking to capture business

I knew about some of this with the same parent company. What bums me out is that, at least at RCCL, the programs aren't integrated and your cruise points don't add up and you only get the best status from cruises on a single line.

Thanks for the details regarding MSC!

There are any number of threads with discussion back and forth about how D-D+ lounges are crowded now. Can't imagine how they would handle even more who would surely qualify if points were added together from RCCL and Celebrity. The same thing is probably true on Celebrity.

My points on both lines are separate but it was nice to get the same status on the other line.

Edited by iheartbda

There are any number of threads with discussion back and forth about how D-D+ lounges are crowded now. Can't imagine how they would handle even more who would surely qualify if points were added together from RCCL and Celebrity. The same thing is probably true on Celebrity.

My points on both lines are separate but it was nice to get the same status on the other line.

I believe that was one of the reasons they started allowing members to get a few drinks outside of the club during the happy hour window.

Has anyone got status on another company group via a challenge program outside of MSC - e.g., Carnival status to NCL or NCL to RCCL?

Edited by SelectSys

I believe that was one of the reasons they started allowing members to get a few drinks outside of the club during the happy hour window.

Has anyone got status on another company group via a challenge program outside of MSC - e.g., Carnival status to NCL or NCL to RCCL?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't happen, MSC is the only one offering anything.