Ooops,Forgot to Bring

RCLFan

I have a Spreadsheet of Items to bring whenever we go on vacation, i.e. Clothes Steamer, Curling Iron, Chargers, Water (Beach) Shoes, Suntan Products, Bug repellent, etc., etc.

But what are some of the items, that once you get to your destination, you invariably, despite your best planning, failed to Pack or Wished you had Packed.

I always feel like "I'm forgetting something". Thanks

Left an entire carry on with all bathroom stuff, makeup, hair stuff, set of swimsuits, 2 bottles wine etc... I thought DH put in car, he thought I still had to put stuff in it... Luckily it was a 4 night cruise so we "made do" lesson learned!

I don't think clothes steamers are allowed.

I've taken a Steamer in the past without issue, and I know you can't bring an Iron; has RCCL changed Policy regarding Steamer, or was I just "lucky"?

If you can't bring a Steamer, how do you remove Wrinkles (besides hanging items in Bathroom while showering), LOL?

I've taken a Steamer in the past without issue, and I know you can't bring an Iron; has RCCL changed Policy regarding Steamer, or was I just "lucky"?

If you can't bring a Steamer, how do you remove Wrinkles (besides hanging items in Bathroom while showering), LOL?

Steamers are on the prohibited list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

We've had good luck with Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

I could be wrong. I thought I had read it here. (may have been a different cruise line). Sorry..hopefully someone will know for sure.

Thanks Bob, I clearly missed that in the FAQ's, and good to know.

I was checking out the Downy product on Amazon today as an Alternative. Have you used, and is it effective? THANKS again!

I was checking out the Downy product on Amazon today as an Alternative. Have you used, and is it effective? THANKS again!

It worked for us, but beware, others have mentioned that it could stain, so be careful, and maybe try it out on a small section first.

Have to ask about the tweezers...What did you need them for?

I just finished my "early packing list" and crossed them off because I didn't think they were needed.

Tx

On our first cruise in the Southern Caribbean I brushed up against something while snorkeling, think it might have been an urchin, but whatever it was left some small splinter-like things in my hand. Had to find a drug store in St. Maarten to get a pair of tweezers and pull them out. On our first Alaska cruise my husband got a splinter from a bridge while hiking, and on our most recent Alaska cruise he got a real bad ingrown hair that caused inflammation and pain. All three times we ended up needing to find a drug store in port that had tweezers, so now we make sure to have a pair, just in case.

Hi All,

I always forget my sunglasses, I have a pair of superb sunglasses that I have had to leave in my will to my son, but I always leave them behind.

I have loads of El Cheapo pairs that I have had to buy at the first stop on the cruise.

Pete

Obviously, not Bob.

However, we travel with it and it works quite well.

10N Caribbean cruise, I forgot to pack shorts. Fortunately my brother-in-law was on board and over packed so he loaned me a couple pair.

After that cruise, I made an extensive customizable check list that we put out a week before on the kitchen table. As we pack we checkoff the items.

As needed meds- loperamide, antacids, aspirin, NSAIDs, allergy meds, diphenhydramine (came in very handy on the beach when one in our party had moderate reaction to sea scorpion sting). Also various bandages and gauze. This can all fit in a quart size freezer bag. And yes, at least several of these get used every trip.

DH was on a roll for a while forgetting to pack his bow tie for his tux on formal nights. We were able to buy bow ties on the ship. I think he now has six of them, and I make sure that I keep one in my trusty carry on bag at all times.

As needed meds- loperamide, antacids, aspirin, NSAIDs, allergy meds, diphenhydramine (came in very handy on the beach when one in our party had moderate reaction to sea scorpion sting). Also various bandages and gauze. This can all fit in a quart size freezer bag. And yes, at least several of these get used every trip.

Is a sea scorpion a nickname for an animal? I was curious so I googled it and all I came up with was an item in World of Warcraft, and an extinct relative of the horseshoe crab

Is a sea scorpion a nickname for an animal? I was curious so I googled it and all I came up with was an item in World of Warcraft, and an extinct relative of the horseshoe crab

It is misleading, islanders use it for anything from stonefish to scorpion fish. Nasty buggers.

I take a small, plastic spray bottle with a small strip of a Bounce dryer sheet in it. When I unpack, I fill it with water, shake and spray out the wrinkles. No liquids to bring and lightweight when empty. I use this at home, too, and spray any piece of clothing I wear before returning to my closet. Smells fresh, too.

Back to the OPs question: The funniest thing I've read on Cruise Critic was about someone who said they forgot birth control... and now have a 3-year-old "souvenir." :eek: