Carry on bags?

amydresh

What do you all put in your carry on bags? We are driving to the port so we don't really *need* a carry on. I would like to put a packing cube with extra clothes, swim suit, underwear, etc in case our luggage gets lost, but other than that, what else would we need to put in one?

What do you all put in your carry on bags? We are driving to the port so we don't really *need* a carry on. I would like to put a packing cube with extra clothes, swim suit, underwear, etc in case our luggage gets lost, but other than that, what else would we need to put in one?

Valuables

Electronics

Medications

Paperwork

If it's a 7 day or less cruise, Everything. I only take a 22" suitcase and pack a tote for extra stuff when leaving.:D If it is a longer cruise, all electronics, toiletry bag, medicines, and change of clothes.

Edited by Rosefloater

In my carry-on:

• jewelry and valuables
  • documents
  • small assortment of clothing, including swimsuit, undergarments, casual, and dressy day and evening wear, in case the unthinkable happens and I never see my checked luggage again
  • my 3 favourite pairs of shoes, for the same reason as above
  • 1 750ml bottle of pinot noir
  • corkscrew
  • med kit (my custom travel pharmacy with all kinds of just-in-case as well as most-likely needed medications and remedies)
  • toiletry bag
  • scissors
  • Individually wrapped Germ-X alcohol wipes shoved into each little spare space
  • Clorox wipes
  • Bed bug check
  • travel size (tiny) can of Lysol spray (these last items so that I can check and do a little sanitizing in the cabin as soon as I board, before the rest of my luggage arrives)
  • and probably several other things I can't remember right now:o

Any and all valuables should be in your possession at all times. Never pack anything that you absolutely MUST have in check luggage!

I wear my bathing suit under my clothes so I can hit the pool when we board....don't have to find somewhere to "change"...I can just shed the outer layer!

Still trying to figure out lost luggage while driving.

Carry-ons for:

Valuables you don't want stolen

Medications and documents you don't want to be without

Delicate items that can be broken due to rough handling

As I drive to port I just put swimsuit, nightwear for that night in case the case is delayed although this has never happened, any super important medication and my iPad, camera and laptop. If I had any valuable jewelry I would take it with me but I only take fashion jewelry of low value on cruises.

Still trying to figure out lost luggage while driving.

Carry-ons for:

Valuables you don't want stolen

Medications and documents you don't want to be without

Delicate items that can be broken due to rough handling

Because bags have been lost (dropped in water) between handing over to porter and the ship when boarding

Because bags have been lost (dropped in water) between handing over to porter and the ship when boarding

Even worse, a few years ago an oil truck spewed oil all over the luggage waiting to be loaded. New Orleans

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1573997

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Basically anything that you feel that you feel that you must have before your bags are delivered to your stateroom. Camera gear and so on would qualify. Anything that you are able to do without for a few hours should be checked. This is much like boarding an aircraft without as many restrictions that the airlines and the US Government might impose.

Edited by Fascin8ed