Princess cutting it close!

mya603

i

They are just today assigning rooms on the guaranteed bookings. As per my TA anyway.

They can be assigned up to a day or 2 before. Its not unusual.

I see you are leaving on the Grand on May 16th. Still have 5 days.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Which cruise is this for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grand cruising the 16th. But land tour starts the 13th that I'm on. Well, I fly in to Anchorage the 13th.

i

They can be assigned up to a day or 2 before. Its not unusual.

I see you are leaving on the Grand on May 16th. Still have 5 days.

Yes, but I am leaving the 13th for the pre-cruise land tour and wanted my luggage tags and know what room I'm in before I leave. So they assigning today and I will have that in the morning so all is good!:D

Next cruise I will have a better understanding of what rooms are good and not so I can pick my room when I book. This is my very first cruise ever, so I was not aware of what are good rooms and what are not. I'll probably learn the hard way. But then, my momma always said I was hard headed and had to learn the hard way. :D

Next cruise I will have a better understanding of what rooms are good and not so I can pick my room when I book. This is my very first cruise ever, so I was not aware of what are good rooms and what are not. I'll probably learn the hard way. But then, my momma always said I was hard headed and had to learn the hard way. :D

You sound exactly like my younger sister... hard headed ... but with a heart of gold. LOL Have a wonderful land trip and cruise. But I must warn you, cruising is addictive. :D

Jan

You sound exactly like my younger sister... hard headed ... but with a heart of gold. LOL Have a wonderful land trip and cruise. But I must warn you, cruising is addictive. :D

Jan

Highly.

But a good addictive, right? And we can't take it with us!

If you mean money?

The cruise is better if I take some [or a lot] with me!:D:D:D

Though to be fair one cruise we had NONE when we left, but all was good because everything was already paid for.

I've had them allocated on check-in.

Room assignments are finalized a day or 2 before the sailing, not on embarkation day. One can access the newly assigned cabin number in bag tags/travel sum section in the personalize up to and including embarkation day.

Since you used a TA, did he/she help educate you on cabin locations? You may find that the best cabin location for you varies from ship to ship, as each class of ship has its own unique features and layout.

I generally advise newbies to book a midship, lower deck cabin as these tend to have the smoothest ride. Once you find out how well you handle the seas, you can decide if in the future you want to book one farther forward or aft or on a higher deck for convenience to pools or whatever your preferences.

Whatever cabin you end up with, I hope you have a great cruise! Trust me, they are addictive :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

They are just today assigning rooms on the guaranteed bookings. As per my TA anyway.

Maybe your travel agent didn't tell you --- but when one books a guarantee

through the princess website, it advises that:

"Your stateroom will be assigned just prior to departure..."

Of course, this doesn't stop many, many people from asking here

"When will my cabin be assigned?"

Guarantee.jpg.4c1763a8e93ed79f1555f910751b72b0.jpg

We did not find out our cabin assignment until after getting to Fairbanks for our cruise tour a few years ago. We spent two nights in Fairbanks and did not have the assignment until the second one. I'm glad we got the assignment in time for us to let them take one of our large pieces of luggage directly to the ship. I was apprehensive about sending it without a cabin number (although it probably would have been fine).