Coral - Dinner times

5soccer9

We have early dining on our upcoming Coral Alaska cruise. I have heard that the time is not really 5:45 pm but 5:15 pm. I know 5:45 is early enough but if it is 5:15 that is pushing it. Does anyone know for sure? Do you know what the late time is? My reservation says 5:45 pm for dinner. Thanks.

We have early dining on our upcoming Coral Alaska cruise. I have heard that the time is not really 5:45 pm but 5:15 pm. I know 5:45 is early enough but if it is 5:15 that is pushing it. Does anyone know for sure? Do you know what the late time is? My reservation says 5:45 pm for dinner. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently off Coral B2B2B and Bordeaux Dining Room for Early Traditional - Dining Reservations & Anytime Dining was at 515PM. Actually the lines began to form at 500PM for all three dining options.

Recently off Coral B2B2B and Bordeaux Dining Room for Early Traditional - Dining Reservations & Anytime Dining was at 515PM. Actually the lines began to form at 500PM for all three dining options.

What do you mean by "Bordeaux Dining Room for Early Traditional - Dining Reservations & Anytime Dining"? Isn't one MDR for traditional and the other for Anytime?

Sounds to me like one of two possibilities: either Bordeaux is Anytime Dining and you're just talking about a big crowd to get in, or they had so many requests for early traditional that they created a faux second early seating by treating those as reservations within the anytime dining room. If they did a faux second early seating, of course that would be super-early: they need to get those traditional diners in and out right away, otherwise they're stuck holding a bunch of tables as reservations for later and they can't seat anytime diners there.

peety3 - What do you mean by "Bordeaux Dining Room for Early Traditional - Dining Reservations & Anytime Dining"? Isn't one MDR for traditional and the other for Anytime

NO - on Coral "Early" Fixed Dining (as in those with assigned table numbers for Early Traditional )was at 515PM along with Anytime in Bordeaux. A regular thing - no overflow from the Provence Dining Room which is the seating venue for the Traditional Dining times.

Ours is the fixed dining and says 5:45 pm but I have heard on other post that it could be 5:15. I think the late was 7:30 I heard. I would rather change to the 7:30 if that is the case. After 8 pm is way to late but could handle 7:30 I think. I wish I knew for sure.

NO - on Coral "Early" Fixed Dining (as in those with assigned table numbers for Early Traditional )was at 515PM along with Anytime in Bordeaux. A regular thing - no overflow from the Provence Dining Room which is the seating venue for the Traditional Dining times.

Ummm...YES. That's EXACTLY "overflow". That's Princess making a (smaller) second early traditional seating in the space normally set for Anytime. That would likely be earlier than in Provence.

We just got off the Coral. We had first seating, traditional dining, in the Provence Dining Room at 5:15. Our Cruise Personalizer indicated it would be at 5:45. We did not find out it would be at 5:15 until we got our cruise cards. Hope that helps clarify the time for you.

We just got off the Coral. We had first seating, traditional dining, in the Provence Dining Room at 5:15. Our Cruise Personalizer indicated it would be at 5:45. We did not find out it would be at 5:15 until we got our cruise cards. Hope that helps clarify the time for you.

Yes it does. Thanks so much for the information. How did you like the cruise?

Yes it does. Thanks so much for the information. How did you like the cruise?

The Coral is our favorite Princess ship. We had also been on her in November after getting off the Regal, which is a very beautiful but way too big of a ship for us.

This was a spectacular cruise. Alaska has such beautiful scenery. This was our 8th Alaska cruise and we saw more whales, Humpbacks and Orcas, this cruise than any of the others. Service in our opinion was great, and food, though subjective, was also very good. I find the food threads on CC very entertaining. If you don't like something, just let your server know and they we work diligently to please you with something else.

We enjoy traditional dining because we get to meet and become a little better acquainted with our table mates. This cruise we were assigned a table for 4 and met a very nice couple who were both retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They were full of very interesting stories of life in rural Canada.

The Coral is our favorite Princess ship. We had also been on her in November after getting off the Regal, which is a very beautiful but way too big of a ship for us.

This was a spectacular cruise. Alaska has such beautiful scenery. This was our 8th Alaska cruise and we saw more whales, Humpbacks and Orcas, this cruise than any of the others. Service in our opinion was great, and food, though subjective, was also very good. I find the food threads on CC very entertaining. If you don't like something, just let your server know and they we work diligently to please you with something else.

We enjoy traditional dining because we get to meet and become a little better acquainted with our table mates. This cruise we were assigned a table for 4 and met a very nice couple who were both retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They were full of very interesting stories of life in rural Canada.

Thanks for the information. We did the Coral last year through the Panama Canal. We loved the ship as well. WE are doing the Regal in February 2016. I can't wait for that. I agree about it being big but just want to experience it. I am with you on the food. I have never had a complaint. I can always find something I like. I am just a plain Jane so I am easy to please. LOL

Looking forward to seeing the whales and the best part bears. WE are doing a bear adventure - part of my bucket list -