EZ Air question - Help!!

Murphey

When we booked our Baltic cruise, we got a good price/itinerary through EZ Air which was one of our deciding factors in booking the trip. Now, we are a few weeks from final payment and my sister is still looking for air, because she says we have no idea how much the air really is, that it is only priced on the day of final payment? This doesn't make any sense to me, not knowing what we are going to pay for air??? I know there are people here who can answer my question. (My TA is not available). Thanks for your help!!!!

We have always found that EZ air prices don't change. Whatever you are quoted when you book, seems to be the price you pay. If you have questions, you might want to ask Princess.

However, there have been some posts that to keep the original pricing when final payment has not been made that Princess had to switch the original flights to different ones. That happens when the airline raises the price on the original flights that they have not yet been paid for. To keep the "promised price", the reservations are switched.

Thus to lock in the flight schedule, final payment must be made.

We've paid our September Baltics cruise in full (before the actual final pmt date) and over the last week, our airfare dropped $260pp. Princess refared us and put the refund back on my cc. So it pays to check your airfare along with your cruise fare every now and then.

Thanks everyone...I paid in full today just to be able to forget about it.

Question Pompeii, I obviously know how to check cruise fares, but how do you recheck the air?

I'm still a bit confused about EZ Air....I mean you might have to pay for your cruise a year out just to confirm the air. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Question Pompeii, I obviously know how to check cruise fares, but how do you recheck the air?

I'm still a bit confused about EZ Air....I mean you might have to pay for your cruise a year out just to confirm the air. It just doesn't make sense to me.

You would have to go in to the Princess website like a new booking. When you pull up your cruise there should be an air tab. :)

Never a full year out. Airfares are only available 330 days in advance.

Once you have your air booked, it shows up under your cruise personalizer. You can modify/edit flights from there. I have "rebooked" air if flight prices have gone down.

Once you have your air booked, it shows up under your cruise personalizer. You can modify/edit flights from there. I have "rebooked" air if flight prices have gone down.

Did you book Flexible or Restricted?

If Restricted, what were the fees for rebooking?

Thanks for the tip. I was always afraid that if I "edited" I might lose what I already had!

Thanks for the tip. I was always afraid that if I "edited" I might lose what I already had!

You're welcome! If you dont like the prices you can always go back, exit or completely close the window. It's difficult to accidentally rebook flights, as there are a lot of boxes to check to refare

Edited by azdmelani
spelling

We have used the Princess EZ Air several times, especially for one way or European destinations. Have never had to pay in advance of final payment to hold a good fare. At final payment, the price we were quoted is the price we paid, even if the fare had since gone up.

We have used the Princess EZ Air several times, especially for one way or European destinations. Have never had to pay in advance of final payment to hold a good fare. At final payment, the price we were quoted is the price we paid, even if the fare had since gone up.

Some have reported that if not locking in the flights by paying in advance of final payment that although the fare did not change, the flights did.

Princess said that the original (not paid for flights) had gone up in price so to maintain the booked fare, the flights were changed and were not as convenient.

Some have reported that if not locking in the flights by paying in advance of final payment that although the fare did not change, the flights did.

Princess said that the original (not paid for flights) had gone up in price so to maintain the booked fare, the flights were changed and were not as convenient.

I suppose there are pros and cons to everything. I have rebooked flights after final payment and within 45 days before the flight when the price went down and Princess refunded the difference. I like that feature with EzAir Flexible.

A few months ago I booked a flight for this Fall from Sacramento to Fort Lauderdale directly with United and paid in full. A month later United made a significant change to the schedule without notifying me. I noticed the change when I looked online. United let me rebook to a better schedule without a change fee.

Edited by billco

How do you know your fare was held if the price never changed?

You were lucky it did not change.

We have had 2 different cruise's with EZ air change before final.

If you pay its locked.