Holiday cruises

bvm5

Has Princess released all the late December cruises yet. Will the prices drop if I wait?

Thanks

Princess holiday cruise sell out as with most of their other cruises as well.

I would not take a chance waiting, if you want to cruise over the holidays I suggest booking and then watching the prices. ;)

You don't want to end up in a "you snooze you lose" scenario. :o

Last year our Christmas cruise on the CB started out $530 and went down to around $260 for a 5 day cruise. Keep an eye out for price reductions after booking since it's up to you to follow up :)

Who Knows??? We always cruise over Christmas. 2 years ago we got a great last minute deal on the short cruise - Princess Cay and back. Last year we booked around Oct. and the price was not dropping. This year we've already booked the Regal. As other posters have said, this cruise ALWAYS sells out.

Last year our Christmas cruise on the CB started out $530 and went down to around $260 for a 5 day cruise. Keep an eye out for price reductions after booking since it's up to you to follow up :)

This has been our experience for Christmas cruises also. However, New Years cruises almost always go up in price.

I agree. I've taken quite a few Christmas cruises and the pricing always went up, not down, after booking.

That's why its best to grab a cabin and watch for price drops.

I agree. We booked a voyage just before the holidays that had reduced pricing and ended up cheaper to take the voyage than to stay home. Pricing and availability seem to be best just before the holidays when folks just aren't traveling. I can see that voyages that span the holidays are at a premium because they are really wonderful from a itinerary and decoration standpoint.

I've booked almost all of our holiday cruises after the final payment date. I start watching prices in the summer, keeping a spreadsheet of several cruises. Last year, we ended up taking a 3-night and 4-night back to back. The 3-night left December 27 and the 4-night left December 30 (a New Year's cruise). The combined price was $500 less per person for a balcony cabin when I booked it from when I first started tracking prices. By waiting so late to book, we had to take guarantees. We could not book the same specific cabin for both cruises. Moving cabins wasn't too much of a bother.

The savings on some other New Year's cruises weren't as great. There was only one, however, where the price for balcony cabins went up--the Ruby.