Ventura august 9th 2015

Deanowhizz

Hello everyone.

Me and my family wife and 2 kids are sailing out this year to the med on our first cruise on board the Ventura, canaries very excited. The wife decided to book a inside cabin on the Riviera deck right next to the lift R711. My partner was thinking logistics regarding quick entry from lift close to pools etc, now my question is will the noise be deafening from the lifts, really hope this doesn't spoil our hols unsure if we should try and request different cabin?? any thoughts on this would be great.

Many thanks.:):)

The lifts may 'ding' like most elevators when they reach a floor, but it is usually not noticeable. The people talking as they gt off and head for their cabins can be disturbing.

There are boards here at CC for most of the cruise lines, and you might get some suggestions if you ask this on the board for P&O-UK, under Cruise Lines P-Z. EM

Go to your Roll Call her on cruisecritic! This is where you'll find others going on your cruise. You can email each other, ask questions about the cruise, tours to take and often a meet & greet is planned so you can meet each other. We have done tours with people we have 'met' on cruise critic. Best was a sunset snorkeling tour for just 12 of us in Aruba.

Go to the cruise line, then your ship then the date you are sailing. That's where you find your roll call.

We like a cabin close to or next to the elevators as its easy to get to other decks. Never even heard them.

No, you'll hear very little from the lifts when you're in your cabin....even going into the foyer where they're placed, there's little sound coming from them. The lifts themselves are almost silent when you're inside, and the slight ping! is only really noticeable when you're in the foyer part.

R deck is a good choice to be close to the pools and buffet. The inside pool is especially good for the days leaving Southampton- we don't sail on a ship without one these days.