What is on YOUR bucket list of cruises for you to take?

-Antarctica on Hurtigruten Fram by way of South Georgia Island and Falklands

-Panama Canal full transit(although the tourist boat thru the locks was great)

-transatlantic

-transpacific

-Hurtigruten ferries up the coast of Norway past the arctic circle

-Mississippi River from St. Paul to New Orleans

-north pole by Russian nuclear icebreaker (although I think this was the last year for it)

-south Pacific

-round cape horn

-transit the Suez Canal

-canal barge trip in Britain or mainland Europe

-Galapagos

-if it happens for paying customers, Northwest and Northeast passages

-cargo ship cruise

-clipper ship cruise

I'm sure I'll come up with others to add. I'd go to Alaska every summer if I could. I regret not being able to afford the Cunard/British Airways Concorde/QE2 transatlantic trips they had before Concorde was grounded.

• 4 weeks later...

Alaska, Hawaii, Transatlantic are the biggies. I've been to the Med numerous times in the Navy but wouldn't mind doing a Med cruise on a cruise ship if the opportunity presented itself. Bermuda is on DW's list but not mine (I spent too much time there on airborne alert in the Navy, but seeing it by cruise ship might be different).

I hope this is a fun thread.

DH and I have on our bucket list:

Mediterranean Cruise

Transatlantic

Alaska

Panama Canal (start in CA and cruise home to FL)

A cruise that departs from Sao Paulo, Brazil

A B2B

Cruising around Australia and then perhaps Australia to Hawaii

a 9, 10 and 11 day cruise (not all at once -- could be combined with some of the above)

MAYBE even a New England Cruise

and if other cruisers give us some ideas that we like, we might even add some others

To me, bucket list has nothing to do with cost or if we've done it before.

To me, bucket list is simply what I'd like to do before kicking the bucket.

For cruises I'd like cruises of 21 days or more, b2b are favorites

west coast across South Pacific to Hawaii, on to Tahiti, then to Australia

Greek Islands

We have done several ta's, doing one again next year, would enjoy doing more.

We have done Panama Canal transit twice, would love to do it again.

Did HAL's 14 day Alaska cruise, would love to do any Alaska cruise again.

Have done British Isles, have done around boot of Italy, would love any Europe.

Edited by NMLady

Peruvian Amazon cruise paired with trip to Machu Picchu.

Suez transit with excursion to Petra.

Arctic circumnavigation with Quark on the Kapitan Khlebnikov

South Georgia Islands, Ascension Island, Tristan de Cunha, St. Helena on the m/v Plancius

Chobe River on the Zambezi Queen

Odds are we will do at least three of these :)

To me, bucket list has nothing to do with cost or if we've done it before.

To me, bucket list is simply what I'd like to do before kicking the bucket.

For cruises I'd like cruises of 21 days or more, b2b are favorites

west coast across South Pacific to Hawaii, on to Tahiti, then to Australia

Greek Islands

We have done several ta's, doing one again next year, would enjoy doing more.

We have done Panama Canal transit twice, would love to do it again.

Did HAL's 14 day Alaska cruise, would love to do any Alaska cruise again.

Have done British Isles, have done around boot of Italy, would love any Europe.

Thanks for the idea of the Greek Islands....so I am amending my bucket list to add it as follows:

Mediterranean Cruise

Transatlantic

Alaska

A B2B

a 9, 10 and 11 day cruise (not all at once -- could be combined with some of the above)

Greek Islands

I think I will even put a string of cruises together as follows to be on our bucket list specifically -- fly to perhaps Barcelona then cruise to Rome, then connect with a Greek Islands cruise, then connect with a Transatlantic back to Fort Lauderdale. Since we might need to spend a few days on land between each cruise leg, that TA back to FLL (which for us is home) will be nice and relaxing. This will certainly take a few items off our bucket list all at the same time.

Thanks for the idea of the Greek Islands....so I am amending my bucket list to add it as follows:

Mediterranean Cruise

Transatlantic

Alaska

A B2B

Greek Islands

I think I will even put a string of cruises together as follows to be on our bucket list specifically -- fly to perhaps Barcelona then cruise to Rome, then connect with a Greek Islands cruise, then connect with a Transatlantic back to Fort Lauderdale. Since we might need to spend a few days on land between each cruise leg, that TA back to FLL (which for us is home) will be nice and relaxing. This will certainly take a few items off our bucket list all at the same time.

Just a tip for your Australia to Hawaii idea - a friend of ours did that and regretted that he didn't do it the other way around. Apparently Hawaii is less impressive if you see the South Pacific islands first. To appreciate it all properly, he advised us to start in Hawaii and end in Australia.

Just a tip for your Australia to Hawaii idea - a friend of ours did that and regretted that he didn't do it the other way around. Apparently Hawaii is less impressive if you see the South Pacific islands first. To appreciate it all properly, he advised us to start in Hawaii and end in Australia.

We are pretty good at not comparing...but for us the issue will be working our way easterly, as we make our way towards home. We will take the long airplane trip to Australia, probably stopping in LA to see DH sister for a few days. Then on the trip back we just want to get home.

Edited by Paulette3028

In on particular order and all in a suite:

South America

Antarctic

Trans pacific to Hawaii

3rd cruise to Alaska with Canadian Rockies rail trip

B2B, just because we enjoyed our 1st one, especially on turn around day

River cruise in Bordeaux

There are many places I would be game to see, my DH, is less interested.

I am fortunate that many places I had a passion to see I have done already, i.e., Egypt, Israel, all of the Mediterranean - Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Morocco; the Baltics; Ireland, Scotland, England, France, Belgium, Poland, plus the usual cruises Alaska, Hawaii, the Carribbean, Mexico... doing one of the last one I had on my bucket list this September, going on the OM2 from New York to Quebec City and back. Always wanted to go to Quebec City and Boston and have not been on the QM2 before, double treat.

Just booked a "suite" cabin on Princess to celebrate my 70th and my DHs 85th in 2017... doing a California coastal... easy trip we can take a taxi to the ship. At our age ease of travel becomes a big factor, so it is part of the consideration on my bucket list now.

If cost was no option a round the world I would go.:)

• 4 weeks later...

As we are doing some 'longer range planning' with some friends of ours...the New England to Canada itinerary, is getting serious consideration....so I have also made an additional commentary to our list:

-New England Cruise -- RT from Baltimore, with stops in Boston and Canada. Perhaps even on the day we are in Boston, get to go to a Red Sox baseball game....of course lots would have to be aligned for that to happen -- but it is my 'bucket list'.

-Mediterranean Cruise

-Transatlantic

-Alaska

-Panama Canal (start in CA and cruise home to FL)

-A cruise that departs from Sao Paulo, Brazil

-A B2B

-Cruising around Australia and then perhaps Australia to Hawaii

-a 9, 10 and 11 day cruise (not all at once -- could be combined with some of the above)

-Greek Islands

Edited by Paulette3028

As we are doing some 'longer range planning' with some friends of ours...the New England to Canada itinerary, is getting serious consideration....so I have also made an additional commentary to our list:

-New England Cruise -- RT from Baltimore, with stops in Boston and Canada. Perhaps even on the day we are in Boston, get to go to a Red Sox baseball game....of course lots would have to be aligned for that to happen -- but it is my 'bucket list'.

-Mediterranean Cruise

-Transatlantic

-Alaska

-Panama Canal (start in CA and cruise home to FL)

-A cruise that departs from Sao Paulo, Brazil

-A B2B

-Cruising around Australia and then perhaps Australia to Hawaii

-a 9, 10 and 11 day cruise (not all at once -- could be combined with some of the above)

-Greek Islands

October/November 2016. 32 nights, Rhapsody Med 10 day from Venice to Rome, Jewel Greek Isles 10 day Rome round trip, Jewel TA from Rome to San Juan. No time between trips though

If cost were no object my bucket list would probably look different. I prefer to aim for things I know are achievable otherwise there's very little chance they'll get crossed of the lost before I kick the bucket!! That's a much more depressing thought. Although I happily take a cruise to almost anywhere they ones I really want to aim for right now are:

Panama Canal

Transatlantic

New England

Greek island

Norweigan fjord

Alaska (one way and via glacier bay as we've already taken a round trip one).

The only one that's truly "bucket list" is the Med, which we had planned along with a land tour from Rome, for our 20th Anniversary in September. :( A "series of unfortunate events" has caused us to cancel, so it will stay on our To-Do list for a while longer.

Other than that, there are several itineraries we'd like to sail before we could say we were cruised-out:

• Canada/New England
  • Panama Canal
  • Mexican Riviera
  • Hawaiian Inter-island

I'd also like a Transatlantic and a Northern European itinerary but DH has very little interest in either of those.

Edited by ronandannette

1) Panama Canal

2) Canadian/New England

3) B2B

4) Tahiti & South Pacific

The next 2 will happen once we can correctly predict 6 numbers and the power ball...

5) TransAtlantic

6) World cruise

Transatlantic is probably cheaper than all of the rest listed with possible exception of number 2. :what:

The only one that's truly "bucket list" is the Med, which we had planned along with a land tour from Rome, for our 20th Anniversary in September. :( A "series of unfortunate events" has caused us to cancel, so it will stay on our To-Do list for a while longer.

Other than that, there are several itineraries we'd like to sail before we could say we were cruised-out:

• Canada/New England
  • Panama Canal
  • Mexican Riviera
  • Hawaiian Inter-island

I'd also like a Transatlantic and a Northern European itinerary but DH has very little interest in either of those.

So sorry you had to cancel your Med Cruise. I truly hope that you find a means to make it happen. It's truly magical.

We did the Canada /New England and once was more than enough.

So depressing..it was a floating nursing home.

Walkers and scooters everywhere.

Funny isn't it.

We just booked around Australia, but for us it's a 2 hour drive. One that we really want to do is Canada Alaska but my DW can't fly.

My first cruise was like that, although it did not go all the way around Florida. It was supposed to go to the Bahamas, so that is on my bucket list - just to make up for what did not happen because of a hurricane.

Why can't your wife fly to Vancouver? Is it possible to go there later?