Favorite Southern Caribbean Island

tripster

Bonaire would be number 1 followed by Antigua and Grenada. Bonaire for snorkeling Antigua for beautiful scenery and Grenada just surprised me the views from the fort are great and it was like walking back in time a little bit probably an odd choice but i did like it

Aruba

Antigua, most beautiful beaches & blue water, Curacao, loved the colorful buildings, Aruba for it's wonderful beaches and Aloe products. Barbados-Calabazza sail cruise. Actually we have little interest in Eastern or Western Caribbean, it's worth the extra money to go to Southern Caribbean!

If I had to choose just one it would be Bonaire but we were only there for a short day, snorkeling and very little time exploring... I would love to go back.

Honestly we have loved all of the Southern islands and, thanks to Cruise Critic, done fantastic excursions and activities on each. We've been to most several times.

Langley Cruisers, Grenada is beautiful, I hope you enjoy it half as much as we have. (been three times).

St Lucia for the best land tour so far.

St Maarten for its beauty.

However my favorite island is not in the Carribean.

For me Bermuda has it all, culture, history, gorgeous beaches.

St Lucia for the best land tour so far.

St Maarten for its beauty.

However my favorite island is not in the Carribean.

For me Bermuda has it all, culture, history, gorgeous beaches.

I have never been to Bermuda. All whom I have spoken with who have visited that island say that it's spectacular. Where exactly did you embark for the cruise?

Barbados is my fave, just can't get enough of it where I am Arubaed and Curaçaoed out. Barbados is just very civilized, lovely beaches, good snorkeling, Bathsheba and lovely people. I keep telling Dudette that if she pre-deceases me Barbados will be my new address.:)

I have never been to Bermuda. All whom I have spoken with who have visited that island say that it's spectacular. Where exactly did you embark for the cruise?

We embarked in Manhattan, NYC

I have really enjoyed the southern Islands although we are going to St. Kitts in Jan. for the first time. It is interesting that others really like Aruba while for my husband and I we looked for a cruise that didn't go back to that one Island. If it did we were planning on staying on the ship. We did not like Aruba at all. Each to their own right.

tigercat

Its a toss-up between Curacao and Bonaire.

Curacao is absolutely beautiful, charming and one of the most welcoming places we have ever been. Plenty to offer all types of travelers.

Bonaire has the absolute best diving/snorkeling we have had the pleasure to experience. We thought we had seen gorgeous blue, crystal-clear water, but nothing prepared us for Bonaire!

1. Domenica. More possibilities than you can see on any one shore day: mountains, waterfalls, hot springs, snorkelling. Plus lovely authentic architecture in Rosseau.

2. Bonaire. Even if you don't snorkel or dive, you can see technicolor fish swimming right where the ship docks. It's not a pretty, lush island, but gorgeous in its austere landscape, low-level development, intelligent and aware residents, and low-key tourist-hawking culture. They are doing tourism right in Bonaire.