Anytime Dining Explained ??

My wife and I are booked on the Coral Princess for the November 7th Full Transit of the Panama Canal. We are currently set for Anytime Dining. Finally, my question: When we wake up in the morning, and we're early risers, we can check Princess@Sea for the day's menu at the various dining venues and call the dine line for a reservation at the dining room of our choice. If we don't wish to be tied to a specific time we can dine in the Horizon Dining Room. Please let me know if the proceeding statements are correct. On our previous cruises with Princess we mostly dined at the Horizon and showed up with out a reservation a couple times at the other venues. I would to wake up and plan our day each morning.

You may want to post this question on the Princess forum

Most anytime dining we have done has been show up at the Dining room during opening hours & be seated (when a table is available ) we do sharing on some nights so no long wait

Not sure how it works on Princess

Essentially, yes you are correct. I pause only at the mention of 'menus of the various dining venues' as all dining rooms (traditional and anytime) will have the same menu on any given night, and specialty restaurants remain the same for the entire cruise. Reservations at the Anytime room can be made as you stated, but are not required. The system has settled in since it was first started to where advance reservations are not usually needed, except perhaps on formal nights. Lastly, depending on the ship and maitre'd, you may often make advance reservations for several days or perhaps the entire cruise. Availability of that option varies also with the chosen time frame.

Edited by cherylandtk

All MDRs on Princess serve the same menu. As an ATD you might have a choice of MDRs. Haven't sailed the Coral but typically one MDR is assigned dining, one MDR is ATD, and the third is early assigned then after 7:30 becomes ATD. It's similar with 5 MDR ships.

Many Princess ships allow ATD reservations at certain times only (it varies at times).

Of course with ATD you can walk up and request a table, no reservations necessary.

The Horizon Court buffet is available during the day and thru dinner.

I believe the Coral has two main dining rooms. One will be for anytime diners and one for traditional. You may be able to see the menus for every night your first day on board. Just ask at one of the specialty restaurants. They usually have the menus available so that people can plan which night they'd like to eat at a specialty restaurant instead of the dining room.

You may want to post this question on the Princess forum

Most anytime dining we have done has been show up at the Dining room during opening hours & be seated (when a table is available ) we do sharing on some nights so no long wait

Not sure how it works on Princess

This is exactly how Princess does it. This is the only dining option for me.