Good cruise movies?

mattp420

Leaving in a few weeks and looking to get in the mood..any good movies out there with cruising as backdrop?

Not looking for disaster type movies so much...lol. More romantic comedy feel.

My favorite is "Wah Do Dem" - a little low budget pic that is worth watching on YouTube or Hulu. Definitely recommended!

Not what I would call good movies, but cruise related:

• Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (features Carnival Dream, but not for very long)
  • Jack & Jill with Adam Sandler (do NOT recommend)
  • Boat Trip - Cuba Gooding, Jr. accidently boards a gay cruise (funny at times, but kind of dumb)
  • Out to Sea with Walter Matthau & Jack Lemmon (same as above)

That's all I've seen that wasn't a disaster or horror film.

• Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (features Carnival Dream, but not for very long)
  • Boat Trip - Cuba Gooding, Jr. accidently boards a gay cruise (funny at times, but kind of dumb)

Aren't all those movies listed a "disaster" ?

Leaving in a few weeks and looking to get in the mood..any good movies out there with cruising as backdrop?

Not looking for disaster type movies so much...lol. More romantic comedy feel.

My favorite is "Wah Do Dem" - a little low budget pic that is worth watching on YouTube or Hulu. Definitely recommended!

An Affair to Remember (old Cary Grant movie). It is definitely a romantic movie, but not a comedy.

Also try old Love Boat episodes. They are readily available for free online. Just Google it.

Aren't all those movies listed a "disaster" ?

Bahahaha! Seen too many of those to admit and totally agree!

Guess I was hoping there was a secret list of "good" cruise movies that I had somehow missed!

Every copy of "Jack and Jill" should be destroyed for the benefit of all humanity.

Cruisr related or not, never, ever consider watching that movie. You have been warned.

Lol...it's on some weird network called MeTV here in Houston on Sunday afternoon

We have MeTv in philly area. Looks like some channel called POP (273 on directv) is showing episodes also.

Going Overboard

(Adam Sandler is a deck hand and the star. This was before he was on SNL. I forget the plot but I'm sure it's a love story of some kind)

National Lampoon Dorm Daze 2

(based on college kids doing a semester at sea)

Edited by theriac

I have three movies i like to watch before going on a cruise..

my favorite is not a cruise movie... but romantic and islandy... is that a word?:D

SIX DAYS AND SEVEN NIGHTS... with Harrison Ford ...

AND FOR FUNNY STUFF BEFORE A TRIP... PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES.. WITH JOHN CANDY AND STEVE MARTIN... LOVE THAT ONE

THEN OF COURSE, THE TITANIC WITH LEONARDO DICAPRIO... oops sorry my caps were stuck..:D

I just watched "The Poseidon Adventure" on TCM last week. Yes, I know it's a disaster movie, but for a 40+ year old movie, it's really well done! I found out that portions of it were filmed on "The Queen Mary" in Long Beach.

I just watched "The Poseidon Adventure" on TCM last week. Yes, I know it's a disaster movie, but for a 40+ year old movie, it's really well done! I found out that portions of it were filmed on "The Queen Mary" in Long Beach.

I agree that's definitely a well made movie!

Years ago I was on the QE2 or QM2, can not remember which ship but anyway, was passing the movie theatre and saw they were playing Titanic. At 1st I was thinking Seriously?? but then thought why not! so I watched it. :):)

+1 for:

Chipwrecked (ADORABLE)

Boat trip (love me some Cuba Gooding Jr.)

Love boat (sweet nostalgia)

My dad the hero. (Tropical and funny...not a cruise movie though)

I'll also add that I loved 'baggage claim' before our last land trip. Anything about flying makes me think of vacation :)

Edited by jolyn928

Although not a cruise related movie, but fun to watch just the same is "The Pirates of the Caribbean" (the first one). My favorite quote: "Why is the rum gone?" (hasn't been a problem, yet, on a cruise :D)

I have three movies i like to watch before going on a cruise..

my favorite is not a cruise movie... but romantic and islandy... is that a word?:D

SIX DAYS AND SEVEN NIGHTS... with Harrison Ford ...

AND FOR FUNNY STUFF BEFORE A TRIP... PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES.. WITH JOHN CANDY AND STEVE MARTIN... LOVE THAT ONE

THEN OF COURSE, THE TITANIC WITH LEONARDO DICAPRIO... oops sorry my caps were stuck..:D

I love Planes Trains and Automobiles but dang...the ending is such a huge downer. Makes me cry every time and I'm a 38 year old man!

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes--fun to compare cruising in 1953 to today, with the added bonus of Marilyn Monroe's best performance.

And I will second A Night to Remember as a better telling of Titanic's tale and a great oldie with several soon-to-be famous actors in minor roles (such as a very young David McCallum from NCIS as a radio operator)