Questions regarding pools on Star Legend

twirl711

Hi. I am sailing on the Star Legend at the end of the month to the Caribbean and I was hoping that someone, who has already sailed on this yacht, would explain the pool situation. I looked at the deck plan and it appears that only the Star Pride has a hot tub and then there's something labeled a current pool?.. I sailed on this yacht when it was owned by Seabourn and at that time it had a hot tub and a plunge pool. Is there anywhere to just cool off if you are sitting out on the deck? Thanks

Legend has a hot tub that will hold 4 people easy. Next to it is a current pool, maybe 10 or 12 feet long and 4 feet deep. The current jets don't really work well enough to swim against. Mainly this pool was used in the afternoon by folks coming back from excursions or from swimming off platform, to just relax and chat and even have a cocktail (plastic glasses).

This area if up on a raised deck area about 5 feet high, stairs on one side to climb up and a shower to rinse off before getting into the tubs. Overall a very nice area and easy to take a quick plunge or just stand and chat with other passengers.

There is also a hot tub on the bow of the ship with several lounge chairs that is a more quiet restful place.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Mark

We were on the Legend for the Lands of the Midnight Sun cruise. I used the current pool several times for fitness purposes. At that time, the currrent was quite strong and I was able to get a good work-out. The hot tub next to the current pool was very nice as well. I did not use the hot tub in the bow.

Thanks! A cocktail in the pool sounds awesome ... 19 days to go.......

I can only second what others have posted. The current pool and tub are nice, and I suspect one may have to ask for adjustments to the current strength.

The forward deck 5 whirlpool tub is nice, the deck feels quite pruvate, there are plenty of towels and there's a cooler with soft drinks and water.