Windstar Legend Cruise around Iceland

Misty Blue 528

I've never done Windstar to Iceland (since they haven't done it yet) but I have done Iceland with Azamara several years ago. Iceland was fascinating - especially the smaller ports further from Reykjavik. The landscape is like nothing you have ever seen.I definitely would like to go back and spend a few extra days exploring places we did not have time to see. You will love Iceland!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're on the Star Legend next July, circumnavigating Iceland. Should be VERY interesting -- greatly looking forward to it. :)

We were on the Star Legend for her inaugural cruise last May. Enjoyed it very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are booked for the July 1 week. I have been on windstar 3 times and it is no comparison to Seabourn, which is the previous owner of the ship.

They are charging seabourn prices but not seabourn amenities. I am a little concerned, but hubby likes the dates and itinerary. I am sure it will be fine as long as we don't expect it to be like seabourn.

Average food, average service, casual

Last year, we enjoyed a cruise that ended in Reykjavik. We spent an extra four days there and took several tours of the island. We enjoyed it, but once was enough. That being said, we are doing a trans-Atlantic cruise with Crystal next year, and it stops in two different ports in Iceland. BTW, check out Iceland Air. Their fare for business class is less than half of that of the other international airlines, and their Premium Economy class offers similar service at an even lower cost. It is only five hours from Reykjavik to JFK, so there is no need for a flat bed seat.

We are booked for the July 1 week. I have been on windstar 3 times and it is no comparison to Seabourn, which is the previous owner of the ship.

They are charging seabourn prices but not seabourn amenities. I am a little concerned, but hubby likes the dates and itinerary. I am sure it will be fine as long as we don't expect it to be like seabourn.

Average food, average service, casual

Everyone is different and has different predilections; glad you prefer Seabourn. We prefer Windstar for its relaxed and casual traveling, so our 25th Windstar cruise will be the Iceland voyage starting, iirc, July 9. Preceded by a few days in Reykjavic.

• 4 weeks later...
Everyone is different and has different predilections; glad you prefer Seabourn. We prefer Windstar for its relaxed and casual traveling, so our 25th Windstar cruise will be the Iceland voyage starting, iirc, July 9. Preceded by a few days in Reykjavic.

We'll be joining you on this cruise. Also, we have 2 nights in Reykjavik prior to embarkation on the 8th (not 9th). This will be our 3rd with Windstar.

Gary & Carol

• 1 month later...

Another company specilialized with 264 passenger Iceclass ships in Compagnie du Ponant. They have several specialized trips around Iceland, even Artica, Groenland etc.

They are since last year an all inclusive formula.

I put herunder the Iceland destination in the english version.

http://en.ponant.com/Cruises/All-Cruises?order=&type=&destination[]=27275&lang=eng-GB

Ponant is a French company but everything is bilingual French / English on board. Depending the destination of course there are not only Frnech passengers, but several European nationalities and even in the American market they start to be known.

Another company specilialized with 264 passenger Iceclass ships in Compagnie du Ponant. They have several specialized trips around Iceland, even Artica, Groenland etc.

They are since last year an all inclusive formula.

I put herunder the Iceland destination in the english version.

http://en.ponant.com/Cruises/All-Cruises?order=&type=&destination[]=27275&lang=eng-GB

Ponant is a French company but everything is bilingual French / English on board. Depending the destination of course there are not only French passengers, but several European nationalities and even in the American market they start to be known.

Heard of them, but never tried them. Supposed to be very upscale. Saw one of their ships in Antarctica in January - we were on the Silver Explorer.