Average Age on Windstar Cruises in Caribbean

JohnFrum22

What is the average age of cruisers on Windstar? Specifically for Caribbean itineraries? I suppose this may be a question about Windstar cruises generally, but I imagine the destinations also play a role.

My wife and I are considering a Windstar cruise this Spring (the Caribbean itinerary out of St. Maarten) to celebrate my 30th birthday. I think it would be aboard the Wind Surf II. We like the idea of smaller, nicer cruise and don't need all the shows, etc. of a bigger cruise line. (Been there, done that.) And as much as we love hanging out with older passengers, we are curious if any of you remember what the percentage of young passengers (say, 20-35) was on your Windstar cruises, especially if you went on one of the island hopping cruises out of St. Maarten.

We are definitely not looking for a party boat, but would probably feel out of place if we were the youngest passengers by a decade plus. Thanks in advance!

We were on the Legend in Dec on similar itin. I would guess the average age to be late 50's. I am 55 and my wife is 49 and we felt like we were right in the median. There were more older couples than younger to balance it out but still there were maybe 8 or 10 couples in the their 30's. No Honeymooners.

The majority seemed to have kids in college or already out working, not many that had kids at home. A couple of the younger couples tended to hang together and actually had dinner together a few times. We met them out on the water toys and they seemed to be having a fine time, just relaxing to themselves.

We are sailing again on the March 19th sailing of the Windsurf because we had such a fun time and did not want any part of the mega ship experience anymore. It is SUCH a relaxing casual and comfortable atmosphere.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your decision.

Mark

We've been on Windstar in Caribbean the last 3 yeas. The passengers are 20's to 80's with most 40's to 60's. There are enough younger couples, and some singles, that you should not feel like outcasts! The younger couples we've met have run the gamut from firefighters and teachers to lawyers and accountants. They've all been into water sports and have loved the trips. Not heavy drinkers. Not snobs. We're part of the older crowd and have loved sailing with, and getting to know them all.

The passengers are 20's to 80's with most 40's to 60's. There are enough younger couples, and some singles, that you should not feel like outcasts! The younger couples we've met have run the gamut from firefighters and teachers to lawyers and accountants. They've all been into water sports and have loved the trips. Not heavy drinkers. Not snobs. We're part of the older crowd and have loved sailing with, and getting to know them all.

Just returned from Wind Surf and would agree with sb44 about the age range. Did have an opportunity to talk with a honeymooning couple and they said they were having the time of their life and were absolutely loving the cruise. In fact, they were lamenting on what to do in the future since they weren't sure if they could afford to sail with Windstar again anytime soon (their cruise was a wedding gift). Hope this helps a little.

My husband and I are in our late 40's and have sailed on Windstar 4 times. We just returned from a cruise that sailed over Christmas week. The first time we went on one we were in our early 40's. We love these cruises. I have seen ages from 8 all the way up to the 80's & each cruise has been great for different reasons. I love the personalized attention. This last cruise we were I was aboard the Windsurf again. This is the largest of their motorized sail yachts and my favorite, because there are more dining options and the gym is larger. As long as you are not looking for a crazy party, I highly recommend the Windsurf for your 30th bday celebration. This last cruise had only 199 passengers and 190 crew members. The service was even more amazing than usual. By the way, the older passengers you may meet will almost all be very active for their age. Please feel free to ask anymore questions & good luck with your decision.