Wifi on the Wind Surf

Twocoasts

We are booked on the Wind Surf in the Caribbean in a few weeks and wanted to see if anyone has recent experience re: wifi. A recent Mediterranean review said the wifi was excellent, but I realize that can vary based on geography and would like to know if it's worth it to purchase. Thank you!

Edited by Twocoasts

My husband purchased wifi on our recent Wind Surf cruise and was very pleased. He had been cautioned that it might not work in our cabin (136), however, he experienced excellent connectivity throughout the ship - even in our cabin.

He made a conscious decision to keep from transferring anything that had a lot of data. His tablet allowed him to disable background data.

He would definitely consider purchasing again on future cruises.

My husband purchased wifi on our recent Wind Surf cruise and was very pleased. He had been cautioned that it might not work in our cabin (136), however, he experienced excellent connectivity throughout the ship - even in our cabin.

He made a conscious decision to keep from transferring anything that had a lot of data. His tablet allowed him to disable background data.

He would definitely consider purchasing again on future cruises.

Glad to hear about quality of wifi on Wind Surf. Our cabin for our upcoming cruise will be near 136. Did you experience any problem with smoke from crew smoking area below that others have mentioned?

No smoke smell in 136 and 154 (my mother's cabin). A couple of times there was a slight smell of smoke in the area where the forward elevator is located. Friends who were in cabin 155 thought they might have smelled a little smoke twice but it wasn't even strong enough for them to say for sure.

After all the recent postings, we were all trying to pay attention. Based on our experience, the "heavy smoke" postings were either an aberration or someone being extremely sensitive to the smell of smoke.

We are currently on the Wind Surf stopped in St Kitts. I bought the wifi package and haven't had any trouble with it. I am using it on the main deck and haven't attempted it in our cabin 124. I didn't want to take a chance that it would be slow. Only thing is it's hard to see how much time you've used. It only pops up when you log in and since there seems to be two ways to do that and only one to see that number and I can't always remember which one it is I end up logging in and out to see how I'm doing.

Tiki_Man - we were on the Yachtmans itinerary and for us it was held on Tuesday. But don't worry, when you are making your reservations for Candles, they will know which evening it is to be held. Also, when making your Candles reservation, check out the menu for Stella Bistro. We enjoyed our meal there, although some friends felt it was a little bit saucy and heavy (depends on what you order, I guess).

Ski Mom 2 - Hope you are having a lovely cruise. Say hi to Esther and Nova from Suzanne, Tom and Mom/Lucille. I asked Tom about viewing usage, he said to open a browser window to login.now when your connected and it will show usage at the bottom of the page, scroll down below the airline names. Hope that works and helps!

Just got off and back to the cold :( When using the wifi package from Wind Surf computer last night, the time stayed up in a separate box. That was not the case on my iPad. And by the way, the Internet did NOT work in our cabin. If only we could have stayed one more week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk