Bravo Windstar

Strenz

Just received an email from WS they put a warning about Zika Virus they are letting people change cruises and they are changing the itinaries to keep people safe. Nice of then to be ahead of the game. Bravo!

Do not know, they said people who are pregnant or want to get pregnant and affected could make the change and also about itineraries here is the quote

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) travel health advisory regarding the Zika virus advises women who are pregnant, and women who are trying to become pregnant not to travel to affected areas. Windstar is making accommodations for these guests and their traveling companions including the following options:

Rescheduling the cruise for a future date

Changing the itinerary to non-affected destinations

If you send me your email I will send the entire letter to you. Frankly, I am prone to mosquitoes drastically, I have been all over the Caribbean since my youth ( 67 ) , Costa Rica 6 times, never bitten. I think for young people it is a worry. I was in Columbia in December.

Call WS.

Do not know, they said people who are pregnant or want to get pregnant and affected could make the change and also about itineraries here is the quote

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) travel health advisory regarding the Zika virus advises women who are pregnant, and women who are trying to become pregnant not to travel to affected areas. Windstar is making accommodations for these guests and their traveling companions including the following options:

Rescheduling the cruise for a future date

Changing the itinerary to non-affected destinations

If you send me your email I will send the entire letter to you. Frankly, I am prone to mosquitoes drastically, I have been all over the Caribbean since my youth ( 67 ) , Costa Rica 6 times, never bitten. I think for young people it is a worry. I was in Columbia in December.

Call WS.

Ok, that makes more sense. WS is not changing itineraries, just allowing folks that may be pregnant to change to different ship or different date. I will a little confused on your first post. That is very nice of WS to make those allowances for certain passengers but not a complete change that would affect everyone.

Thanks

Mark

They are being proactive given the "watch" from WHO. If you are concerned give them a call. Better than conjecture. I live in the land of mosquitoes so one bite is pretty much like the other. Take your pick. Dengue, West Nile, etc. We Floridians don't scare easily but then again, no more babies for us. I'd worry more about Dengue in Costa Rica than Zika which is not where you're going or even there from what I've read. Have a fun cruise. It's one that we'd like to do.

I never received any email about this, and I had a cruise traveling in Zika infested areas, leaving in April. We had to cancel, as a family member's doctor told her no travel to these areas. We were not offered the option of changing cruises at all. Had to cancel a couple days ago, and only option was receiving a 65% refund.

Lost a lot of money on this one, as travel insurance won't pay anything.

The email was dated February 5 th 12:56 pm. I would call WS. When you cancelled did you tell them the cancelation was for Zika reasons? I thought WS was being proactive and that was good.

I had a TA for this trip, and he cancelled both our reservation and our traveling companion's. It is my understanding he told WS why we were cancelling.

I have emailed WS for clarification if they have any Zika cancellation policy in place. We'll see what they say.