Breakfast at the Vatican Museums

pompeii

If you book the breakfast at the Vatican Museums, how early can you actually enter the museums? On the Vatican website I see two main options (if you don't count the one with an exclusive guide).

One is called Entry to the Museums and Breakfast, which begins at 8am and "after enjoying breakfast" you enter the museums. Cost € 35.00, plus optional € 7.00 for audioguide.

The other is called Early Entry to the Museums & Breakfast, and begins at 7:15am, again entering the museums after you enjoy breakfast. Cost € 65.00, including audioguide.

I'm kind of thinking that for either one, breakfast lasts an hour, so you probably can't get into the museums early with the cheaper one. If you could, I'd just book that and skip the breakfast....

We have a scavi tour lined up for 1:15 that afternoon, and we're trying to figure out the best/least-crowded way to see the museums beforehand. We could also do a guided group tour but that wouldn't start until 9am at the earliest so we wouldn't get early entry. We are visiting on Wednesday Dec. 6, our only day available, and the tour operators like Dark Rome and Walks of Italy include the basilica in their early entry tours so I haven't found any available on Wednesday mornings since the basilica is closed for the Pope's address..

• 8 months later...

Hey Pompeii,

How did you go with your tour?

Which one did you decide on?

I am looking at similar tours for our upcoming trip to Italy.

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers

LM