P&O boarding times?

Jayneykul

Last week. I nearly came over to say hello but a) didn't know if it was you and b) didn't want to invade your privacy.

Should have just come over.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Found it.

Thank you for your further email of 9 November.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us again and I am naturally sorry to read that you were unable to locate the check in times on the Advice Centre area of our website.

Please fine the below check in times per deck for each ship in P&O Cruises Fleet:

Britannia

Deck A: 15:30

Deck B: 13:30

Deck C: 15:30

Deck D: 15:00

Deck E: 14:40

Deck F: 15:00

Deck G: 13:00

Deck L: 13:30

Azura

Deck A: 15:00

Deck B: 14:40

Deck E: 13:30

Deck F: 13:00

Deck L: 13:00

Deck P: 13:00

Deck R: 15:30

Ventura

Deck F: 13:00

Deck P: 13:00

Deck R: 15:30

Oriana

Deck A: 14:00

Deck B: 15:00

Deck C: 14:40

Deck D: 13:30

Deck E: 13:00

Aurora

Deck A: 14:00

Deck D: 13:00

Arcadia

Deck E: 14:00

Deck G: 13:00

Deck S: 13:00

Oceana

Deck C: 15:00

Deck E: 13:00

Deck F: 13:30

Adonia

Deck A: 13:30

Deck B: 14:00

Deck C: 13:30

Deck D: 13:00

I do hope the above information may be of some assistance and it will remain my hope that we may be given the opportunity to welcome you back on board in the near future.

This is really useful, I wonder whether we could have this as sticky so we can find it easily.

I just copied and pasted it into an email, sent it to myself and filled under P&O for future reference. :)

Showing off now.

Just copy and paste into a word processor.

Showing off now.

Just copy and paste into a word processor.

Could do but E mail much less hassle for me given my world class filing system for e mails🗃 Much easier to find there and in the cloud.

A very useful item to keep when planning cruises given that I don't like late embarkation. 😀

We used the official coach transfer and were treated like normal passengers. We waited an age to board ... nothing special on that occasion. Can't see how they would know we were from a coach .... just sent to terminal and left to it.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

We've got it stamped on our foreheads "I've travelled by coach" :'):D. Seriously it's because of the colour of card you're given which on our coach recently was grey.

It could depend on the time the coach arrives or how far some of the passengers have traveled. !? It's a bit like the upgrade options we've always been offered a different type of cabin others had never heard of it!!;)

We were on Britannia in June and travelled down from Scotland by coach. This is what happened - exactly as it says on the P&O website below. We had friends on other coaches from other parts of the country and the procedure was the same. We've got priority and we just told the lady giving out the cards so she didn't give us one and we went straight in to the priority line

Arriving by coach

"Guests arriving on our preferred partner, Intercruises coaches will be issued with a separate colour card before leaving the coach. This group letter will be called forward to check-in usually within 20mins of entering the terminal.

Any guest arriving on Eavesway or any other coach service, will be viewed as "independent" and given a coloured card according to their e-ticket arrival time. For example, if they have 15:00 on their e-ticket and they arrive at 13:00, we will give them a red card and they will be called forward as soon as we are able to slot them in. This doesn't necessarily mean they will wait until 15:00 but we should be clear that they will have a wait and will see other pax who have earlier e-ticket arrival times called forward to check-in ahead of them."

When we boarded in June 2016, coach passengers had been given a different coloured card when leaving their coach. We had our e-tickets checked and were given a card according to our assigned time, but the coach people were waved straight through on production of their card.

We've got it stamped on our foreheads "I've travelled by coach" :'):D. Seriously it's because of the colour of card you're given which on our coach recently was grey.

We were on Britannia in June and travelled down from Scotland by coach. This is what happened - exactly as it says on the P&O website below. We had friends on other coaches from other parts of the country and the procedure was the same. We've got priority and we just told the lady giving out the cards so she didn't give us one and we went straight in to the priority line

Arriving by coach

"Guests arriving on our preferred partner, Intercruises coaches will be issued with a separate colour card before leaving the coach. This group letter will be called forward to check-in usually within 20mins of entering the terminal.

Any guest arriving on Eavesway or any other coach service, will be viewed as "independent" and given a coloured card according to their e-ticket arrival time. For example, if they have 15:00 on their e-ticket and they arrive at 13:00, we will give them a red card and they will be called forward as soon as we are able to slot them in. This doesn't necessarily mean they will wait until 15:00 but we should be clear that they will have a wait and will see other pax who have earlier e-ticket arrival times called forward to check-in ahead of them."

Never been given a priority card, ever. Family are travelling soon on Brittania and using IC will see what happens to them. Spoke to our neighbour as she always uses the official coach and nope not had priority boarding either but she has never been on Brittania!

Never been given a priority card, ever. Family are travelling soon on Brittania and using IC will see what happens to them. Spoke to our neighbour as she always uses the official coach and nope not had priority boarding either but she has never been on Brittania!

The crucial part of tartanexile's post is the phrase, under the cruise lines information; Arriving by Coach: "preferred partner, Intercruises coaches". It's no good renting a private coach personally or getting on a different coach company's coach and thinking you will get priority treatment.

The same applies to disembarking onto a coach, many well run coach companies who work closely with cruises are dealt with as a second choice as regarding where they park and less preferential disembarkation times. Over the years the "Preferred Partner" coach company changes and I assume there is a contractural deal between the coach and cruise line to be their number one.

Regards John

We usually travel by coach.

Last time using IC, the coach was later arriving at the port then expected. We were given the grey, priority boarding card on leaving the coach.

All previous times when using IC we were given a red card when leaving the coach, which was the next letter to be called once in the embarkation lounge.

To be honest the grey card gave us the most problems as the medical form had to be filled in while juggling hand luggage and walking in the priority line. Whereas with the red card we had time to sit down and comfortably fill in the forms. The letter was called within 5 minutes when we have had red cards.

Last year we also travelled with Eavesway, not the included coach transfer. This arrived at the dock a lot earlier BUT we were just left to wander into the embarkation lounge and the times on our e-tickets were noted and the appropriate cards handed out. We had a much longer wait. This didn't bother us at all, we were on holiday.

Just back from a 2 week cruise on Britannia. Here's the extract from my cruise diary regarding embarkation. As suite passengers, we had priority boarding, but the other points are still relevant;

On arrival at Ocean Terminal at 1115, we were directed to a holding lane for the luggage drop off / CPS vehicle handover area. We were told that we would be called forward within 10 minutes, but in reality, even though there were plenty of porters and CPS staff waiting outside the terminal, it seemed a little disorganised and it took 25 minutes before we moved again, even though there were only around 30-40 cars ahead of us. However, once we had been called forward to the drop off lane, the process was lighting quick thereafter. As we pulled up, the porter and CPS operatives arrived immediately. I went into the terminal to collect the wheelchair hired from Mobility at Sea and wheeled it back to the car, by which time the CPS driver was ready to take the car away.

Lift up to the embarkation level where we were directed to the priority check in lane and sent directly to a check in desk. By this time it was around midday and any priority boarders who had arrived ahead of us had already embarked and it seemed as those scheduled for 1pm boarding were in the process of doing so as well. We breezed straight through security (after a few repeat body scans and a search) and were on board by around 1215pm.

We dropped off our bags in our Suite and adjacent balcony cabin and were surprised to find that they had not been serviced. We then headed up to the Horizon Buffet, only to find that it didn't open until 1pm, which seemed daft as it looked ready and there were a lot of passengers already there waiting. One section opened at 1250 but in reality this was around half an hour later than it needed to be open given the volume of passengers waiting.

Just back from a 2 week cruise on Britannia. Here's the extract from my cruise diary regarding embarkation. As suite passengers, we had priority boarding, but the other points are still relevant;

On arrival at Ocean Terminal at 1115, we were directed to a holding lane for the luggage drop off / CPS vehicle handover area. We were told that we would be called forward within 10 minutes, but in reality, even though there were plenty of porters and CPS staff waiting outside the terminal, it seemed a little disorganised and it took 25 minutes before we moved again, even though there were only around 30-40 cars ahead of us. However, once we had been called forward to the drop off lane, the process was lighting quick thereafter. As we pulled up, the porter and CPS operatives arrived immediately. I went into the terminal to collect the wheelchair hired from Mobility at Sea and wheeled it back to the car, by which time the CPS driver was ready to take the car away.

Lift up to the embarkation level where we were directed to the priority check in lane and sent directly to a check in desk. By this time it was around midday and any priority boarders who had arrived ahead of us had already embarked and it seemed as those scheduled for 1pm boarding were in the process of doing so as well. We breezed straight through security (after a few repeat body scans and a search) and were on board by around 1215pm.

We dropped off our bags in our Suite and adjacent balcony cabin and were surprised to find that they had not been serviced. We then headed up to the Horizon Buffet, only to find that it didn't open until 1pm, which seemed daft as it looked ready and there were a lot of passengers already there waiting. One section opened at 1250 but in reality this was around half an hour later than it needed to be open given the volume of passengers waiting.

A useful post. We're on Britannia in October in a Suite and have been debating what time to arrive. As we're on the TA we're travelling down by train the day before and catching a taxi on the day from hotel to Ocean Terminal. Given your experience I'm tempted to book the taxi for 11:15/30ish.

I do think the buffet opening time is a bit odd given that officially embarkation starts at 12:30! Unless they expect all Suite/higher loyalty passengers to go to the welcome on board reception instead?

A useful post. We're on Britannia in October in a Suite and have been debating what time to arrive. As we're on the TA we're travelling down by train the day before and catching a taxi on the day from hotel to Ocean Terminal. Given your experience I'm tempted to book the taxi for 11:15/30ish.

I do think the buffet opening time is a bit odd given that officially embarkation starts at 12:30! Unless they expect all Suite/higher loyalty passengers to go to the welcome on board reception instead?

If I were you, I would aim to arrive at the terminal no later than 1130, possibly even earlier. They seem to be boarding suite passengers before mid-day now. The Welcome on Board Reception is unimpressive. If it wasn't for the free drinks we wouldn't bother (and, of the wines, only the red is drinkable). Embarkation is the one and only time that we use the buffet and the food choice and quality is significantly better than the rather odd selection of 'snacks' in the Welcome Reception.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are on Britanna T/A in Oct. we have just printed of our E ticket the colour at the top of the ticket is blue.

We are Caribbean Teir . It is a long time since we have travelled P&O from Southampton .

Previously with priority boarding our tickets were green in colour to signify at a glance we had priority boarding .

Can anyone advise if this has changed from green to blue.

Hi,

We are on Britanna T/A in Oct. we have just printed of our E ticket the colour at the top of the ticket is blue.

We are Caribbean Teir . It is a long time since we have travelled P&O from Southampton .

Previously with priority boarding our tickets were green in colour to signify at a glance we had priority boarding .

Your e-ticket should have a boarding time on it, but if you are Caribbean tier you can ignore it as your boarding time is 1pm. As for the colour, I wasn't aware that they were different, so someone else may be better placed to answer that aspect.

Hi,

Ours have been blue for a long time.

The boarding times still seem to be hit and miss. On Britannia in September, we were D deck 3.00pm. We hung around the hotel until about 12pm, had a sandwich and decided we would turn up and wait in the terminal until called. We got there about 1.15 and by the time we had got through security etc. they announced that anyone waiting could board. It was 1.45 by then and we were in our cabin by 2.00 pm. The cases arrived within an hour.

A couple of weeks back we had a boarding time of 3pm. As usual stayed overnight in Winchester and had a mooch around in the morning. We aimed to get to the terminal for parking for 2.30 but got stuck in queue of traffic for 40 minutes. Sweating just a bit!! We were straight through once we had the car checked over etc... Not sure, however, if we will risk trying to get there as near to our allocated time again.

When we were on Adonia in July we arrived about 1 hour early - we come by taxi and can't therefore stop off anywhere - we waited about 10 minutes only and we were called forward. Mind you Adonia takes only 710 passengers and she was not full so one would have expected a quick embarkation

On Sunday we boarded Celebrity Eclipse. I was worried about extra traffic because of the host show so we left extra early but our journey was a dream and we were at the terminal at 10.35

I didn't expect to get on at that time but was pleasantly surprised that loads of people were boarding. We were greeted with the usual glass of bubbly and were enjoying a Sunday roast not much after 11am

Cabins not available until 1pm but there were loads of places to sit so it was no problem. No waiting at all. From leaving the taxi we kept walking until we were on board

I am interested in the comments about RCI passengers being allowed to choose their embarkation times if they have high loyalty status. We cruised for the first time with RCI last year and were also allowed to select our boarding time. It worked very well, with people wandering around with IPads, and we were soon on board. I join the group of people who wish that P+O would get themselves sorted out!

I am interested in the comments about RCI passengers being allowed to choose their embarkation times if they have high loyalty status. We cruised for the first time with RCI last year and were also allowed to select our boarding time. It worked very well, with people wandering around with IPads, and we were soon on board. I join the group of people who wish that P+O would get themselves sorted out!

I have sailed with both lines from Southampton and RC are a million miles ahead of P&O in this respect.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

............but please do keep it quiet we don't want all the riff raff from P&O suddenly switching to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity.;p

I thought it should be the other way round mate. Keep the Chavs and Bogans off P&O UK and Princess, keep 'em on RC and Celebrity, or Cunard. lol.:p:halo: