Adonia - is she going again?

cruiser1955

Adonia

Just downloaded the new P&O brochure (to Oct 2019) and see that there are np Adonia cruises listed after the 23rd Feb 2018 sailing - D804. A slip up or is she going to another line again? Cruises are shown on the P&O website up to Mar 2019 but nothing later.

Just had this back from P&O:

Hi Jon, we are finalising Adonia's whole programme for next year and an update will be provided over the coming weeks.

jh1809 - looks a bit suspicious to me. If she is going, just hope they let people know asap. I had family who were due to sail on her when they transferred her to Fathom and they were unable to find anything else suitable.

It may be that she came back unexpectedly, and P&O are still finalising, i.e confirming some port bookings, as I believe ports are booked years in advance. (That's why I get frustrated when P&O swap ports at no notice as they should have had it planned!)

Ports are indeed booked years in advance, 2-3 to be precise. A high ranking Officer told us this a few years back.

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Adonia

Just downloaded the new P&O brochure (to Oct 2019) and see that there are np Adonia cruises listed after the 23rd Feb 2018 sailing - D804. A slip up or is she going to another line again? Cruises are shown on the P&O website up to Mar 2019 but nothing later.

Just got the brochure in the post today, January 2018- October 2019 and yes it only shows a few Caribbean cruises for Adonia till February 23.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Well here's a thing for you to consider. The Adonia cruises in the new brochure do not go beyond the Caribbean next year. Yet we booked a suite on Adonia for September 2018 in January 2017 whilst on board Ventura.

So having read that P&O are still planning the itinerary for "next year" we became concerned (after all we were on the penultimate cruise before she went over to fathom and we both remember how they cancelled the "final" cruise which would have been the TA repositioning cruise back to the UK.)

So looking up 2018 cruises on the website they are all there, ours included. Why then cannot P&O be honest and publish the 2018 cruises and fill the 2019 ones in later? Or maybe we will be the unhappy recipients of a cancellation in the near future. I do sincerely hope this is not the case as the itinerary for our cruise is very good, including going up the river to Seville!

We will not be happy bunny's if they start cancelling Adonia cruises.

Peter and Jenny

Well apparently she is down to have a refit in 2019 so I don't think they are planning to get rid of her - I think uproar would ensue!

We were on her in late 2015 when they started the last refit. Wondered why all the Carnival suits came aboard in Port Canaveral(n):eek:

Refit in 2019?? Where exactly did that piece of news come from. I wasn't aware that they advertised when refits would happen until just before they do.

Lets not forget that they will be introducing another, bigger ship in the not too distant future so perhaps that will be the time to let the smallest one go in just the same way that RCI has just sold its last medium class ship to Thompson.

I sincerely hope not but I do find it very odd that they claim not to have the itinerary's for next year (2018) when clearly they have.

I sincerely hope not but I do find it very odd that they claim not to have the itinerary's for next year (2018) when clearly they have.

Adonia cruises for the whole of 2018 are on the P&O website finishing with the repositioning cruise back from Caribbean in March 2019.

We were on her in late 2015 when they started the last refit. Wondered why all the Carnival suits came aboard in Port Canaveral(n):eek:

Hi Phil, as you know we are on Adonia now. Asked why our Oct 2018 cruise was missing from new brochure

told that we would receive word within the next two weeks to confirm our cruise on Adonia is being cancelled or not. Adonia lovely little ship we are enjoying our cruise. Speak to you soon. Pat.

Hi Phil, as you know we are on Adonia now. Asked why our Oct 2018 cruise was missing from new brochure

told that we would receive word within the next two weeks to confirm our cruise on Adonia is being cancelled or not. Adonia lovely little ship we are enjoying our cruise. Speak to you soon. Pat.

Eek! That's worrying, suggesting that there is a real possibility that P&O may be losing her after the 2017-8 winter season. As one who has not just one but two cruises booked on her subsequent to that, I'm now feeling very nervous.

In two weeks time, I'll be away on a cruise on Arcadia, so if they send a notification of a cancellation by snail mail I won't see it till I get home. I hope hat won't mean I'll miss out on any time-limited "sweetener" that P&O may offer to cushion the blow.

Refit in 2019?? Where exactly did that piece of news come from. I wasn't aware that they advertised when refits would happen until just before they do.

Lets not forget that they will be introducing another, bigger ship in the not too distant future so perhaps that will be the time to let the smallest one go in just the same way that RCI has just sold its last medium class ship to Thompson.

All refits are advertised on the P&O website.

They aren't saying they don't have itineraries for 2018.

The itineraries they don't, as yet, have are for 2019.

Royal Caribbean still have Majesty, Enchantment,Grandeur,Vision, Rhapsody of the same size as the Splendour and Legend that they sold to Thomson.

That said it seems to be the way of all cruise lines to be going for mega ships so i think Adonias days with P&O are numbered.

Eek! That's worrying, suggesting that there is a real possibility that P&O may be losing her after the 2017-8 winter season. As one who has not just one but two cruises booked on her subsequent to that, I'm now feeling very nervous.

In two weeks time, I'll be away on a cruise on Arcadia, so if they send a notification of a cancellation by snail mail I won't see it till I get home. I hope hat won't mean I'll miss out on any time-limited "sweetener" that P&O may offer to cushion the blow.

More rumour and speculation causing alarm. This forum seems to need a 'health warning' to readers because at the moment it is awash with such stories that are presented without a shred of evidence.

Royal Caribbean still have Majesty, Enchantment,Grandeur,Vision, Rhapsody of the same size as the Splendour and Legend that they sold to Thomson.

That said it seems to be the way of all cruise lines to be going for mega ships so i think Adonias days with P&O are numbered.

I am not sure what you mean by this really. Adonia is less than half the size of any of these ships. It really is a completely different class of ship. I guess it depends whether Carnival Corporation want P&O to have a 'pathfinder' style of ship.

More rumour and speculation causing alarm. This forum seems to need a 'health warning' to readers because at the moment it is awash with such stories that are presented without a shred of evidence.

Indeed. Just because P&O haven't, AS YET, got cruises up for one ship, loads of people seem to think that means that she will be got rid of. It's absolutely ridiculous and a totally over the top reaction.

Indeed. Just because P&O haven't, AS YET, got cruises up for one ship, loads of people seem to think that means that she will be got rid of. It's absolutely ridiculous and a totally over the top reaction.

Yes if people made comments when something happened and not when people pass on rumours or in this case put 2 and 2 together and get 7.

So we have had sky news going, Oriana going, no booze to be brought on board and now Adonia going. Anyone think of any more.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes if people made comments when something happened and not when people pass on rumours or in this case put 2 and 2 together and get 7.

So we have had sky news going, Oriana going, no booze to be brought on board and now Adonia going. Anyone think of any more.

I'll start another - how about Oriana going - that should put the cat amongst the pigeons!! 😄

What about sheets being changed less frequently and unacceptable cost cutting in changing to PG teabags (currently the marker leader in terms of sales)

I trust that you remember the last time they did this. They cancelled the TA repositioning cruise thus disappointing a whole load of passengers. Every thing was very secret until the last minute announcements. I think you are right that there is no hard evidence but there is plenty of speculative evidence that could indicate that they are going to do the same thing again. We are booked on for the end of September and so we shall be watching with interest to see, if it does happen, what compensatory offers we will get.