Stupid rumour

TOMOGP

Just been told what I presume (and hope) the remour that pando are stopping the tea/coffee making facility in cabins

Anyone else heard this but with evidence please

That's another one to add to the list.

Utter rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just been told what I presume (and hope) the remour that pando are stopping the tea/coffee making facility in cabins

Anyone else heard this but with evidence please

The Brits would riot with no morning cuppa char.;) BTW who are 'pando?'

Cunard also have now introduced kettles into their cabins. P&O are hardly likely to remove them. The trouble is so many of these stupid rumours start and then they are repeated as truths. Goodness knows how many times Oriana has been sold, or about to be sold, ridiculous.

I agree that it is highly unlikely - a lot of MSC's advertising at present about basing the Magnifica in the UK for the 2018 summer season talks about how they are going to make it more "British" - and one of those things is tea/coffee making facilities - I am not sure why it is such a British thing but we have come to almost expect it but then we are known as a nation of tea drinkers!

Life without a cuppa first thing?!! Oh tragedy how could we carry on?(waves hands melodramatically in the air) Its the end of the world as we know it? Breathes deeply and calms down. If it ever happens and I sincerely hope it never does it will not stop me cruising.:cool:

This will be my first P&O cruise so the kettle etc., will be a bit of novelty for me. Only had kettles once before!

We cruised out of NY on Celebrity last September. In the Elite lounge we met the head of hotel for the ship, asked for a kettle and it was in the cabin before we returned that evening. Always worth asking.

I can understand how these rumours start because some cruise lines and indeed hotels pack the kettle in a cupboard to be tidy. Then not everybody has the sudden idea "I could do with a cuppa" and starts rummaging. Only two such people need to meet up in the Buffet and start conferring about how bad the situation is.

Regards John

• 2 weeks later...
We cruised out of NY on Celebrity last September. In the Elite lounge we met the head of hotel for the ship, asked for a kettle and it was in the cabin before we returned that evening. Always worth asking.

This is good; on some cruise lines if you ask for a kettle, nine times out of ten the cabin steward turns up with a snare or a pair of tom toms.

Regards John

This is good; on some cruise lines if you ask for a kettle, nine times out of ten the cabin steward turns up with a snare or a pair of tom toms.

Regards John

The steward was a bit reluctant. After his boss sorted it out for us, he had a new found respect for his guests! :')

Cunard also have now introduced kettles into their cabins. P&O are hardly likely to remove them. The trouble is so many of these stupid rumours start and then they are repeated as truths. Goodness knows how many times Oriana has been sold, or about to be sold, ridiculous.

I'm sure it'll be untrue however, Princess have taken kettles away (or at least they had on Emerald last summer) so you can't be sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure it'll be untrue however, Princess have taken kettles away (or at least they had on Emerald last summer) so you can't be sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having completed 18 cruises on Princess, inc last year on Island Princess, I have never come across tea/coffee making facilities in their cabins. Maybe Emerald Princess just put them on to appease the Brits? :halo:

Having completed 18 cruises on Princess, inc last year on Island Princess, I have never come across tea/coffee making facilities in their cabins. Maybe Emerald Princess just put them on to appease the Brits? :halo:

Yes, it is a British thing. On RCI you only get kettles if your cruise is departing from the UK.