HELP!!! Repositional cruise - parking at Manchester airport.

vinob

Has anyone done the re-positional cruises to the Caribbean with courtesy coach from Manchester Airport to Southampton.

We need to park at Manchester airport as on return we fly into T2. Looking at the map of the terminals and the coach station whichever car park we choose we are going to have a hike with the cases either at beginning or end of holiday. I've also been told by Manchester airport that the shuttle buses just go to the terminals, not the coach/train station.

Has anyone done this cruise before picking coach up at Manchester. Also any recommendations for off airport secure parking with transfers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Viv.

We are travelling on 27th Oct with a transfer from Manchester airport to Southampton and are encountering similar problems. P&O staff first told us coach details would be sent 60 days before travel.they then told us it would be on the e ticket however the e ticket only says P&O staff will be in the terminal. We've now been told details will be sent 30 days before travel.

We have booked a taxi to the airport and a hotel the night before as prices are rising the closer you get to the date.

You could book an on airport hotel with parking and the one we are staying at has a shuttle bus which will drop off and pick up at any terminal and train/coach station. Alternatively APH offer reasonable offsite parking to / from all terminals. Terminal 1 is fairly close to the train station.

We are travelling on 27th Oct with a transfer from Manchester airport to Southampton and are encountering similar problems. P&O staff first told us coach details would be sent 60 days before travel.they then told us it would be on the e ticket however the e ticket only says P&O staff will be in the terminal. We've now been told details will be sent 30 days before travel.

We have booked a taxi to the airport and a hotel the night before as prices are rising the closer you get to the date.

You could book an on airport hotel with parking and the one we are staying at has a shuttle bus which will drop off and pick up at any terminal and train/coach station. Alternatively APH offer reasonable offsite parking to / from all terminals. Terminal 1 is fairly close to the train station.

Thanks for your reply, we had same prob, we go on 20th and today it has flagged up in our cruise personaliser full itinerary that we have to be at the coach station for 8.30am, there is nothing about P & O staff been available in terminal, could I ask which hotel you are using as when I've been on review sites they seem to just be offering transfers to terminals not the coach station. I think P & O could have provided coach information much earlier, as you say the prices for trains, parking and hotels keep going up the nearer you get to the date.

Kind regards

Viv

Viv

No need to carry any luggage too far.

Driver drops passenger and luggage off at the coach station, driver parks the car.

On return passenger stays with luggage, driver goes for the car and picks up passenger and luggage at T2 arrivals.

Or use the on terminal multi storey car park ( by far the most convenient, avoid meet and greet companies) and it is really easy when you return.

No need to carry any luggage too far.

Driver drops passenger and luggage off at the coach station, driver parks the car.

On return passenger stays with luggage, driver goes for the car and picks up passenger and luggage at T2 arrivals.

Or use the on terminal multi storey car park ( by far the most convenient, avoid meet and greet companies) and it is really easy when you return.

Many thanks, we've booked hotel with parking, so will use their shuttle bus. I've googled mapped Manchester Airport but no clear signage for coach station so I'm assuming its where the buses pull in at the railway station, unless P & O tell me differently.

We are on the repositioning cruise on the 20th and I have booked into the Radisson Blu the evening before, this is really close to the coach station. I think they also offer car parking.

They do, but at this late date if I remember rightly they were quoting £350+ for room only and parking which I thought a little excessive. When I spoke with P & O a few weeks ago I was advised we were on the 2nd coach that would leave approx. 11.00am (we were just going to drive down to Manchester on the day) They on Wednesday it flagged up in our personaliser that coach was at 8.30am, hence we have had to book overnight accommodation and parking. Have you done this cruise before, We have only done half dozen cruises several of them with P & O, but we have never done a re-positional cruise. Kind regards Viv

Many thanks.

They do, but at this late date if I remember rightly they were quoting £350+ for room only and parking which I thought a little excessive. When I spoke with P & O a few weeks ago I was advised we were on the 2nd coach that would leave approx. 11.00am (we were just going to drive down to Manchester on the day) They on Wednesday it flagged up in our personaliser that coach was at 8.30am, hence we have had to book overnight accommodation and parking. Have you done this cruise before, We have only done half dozen cruises several of them with P & O, but we have never done a re-positional cruise. Kind regards Viv

Hi Viv, that is excessive isn't it. This is my first cruise so not sure of the routine yet. I was the same with the coach timings and wasn't sure what time, that's why I booked the hotel. I'm planning on getting the train as I'm only 45 min from Manchester so hadn't looked into parking. I'm really looking forward to it now

:D, Kind regards Jennie

Hi Viv, that is excessive isn't it. This is my first cruise so not sure of the routine yet. I was the same with the coach timings and wasn't sure what time, that's why I booked the hotel. I'm planning on getting the train as I'm only 45 min from Manchester so hadn't looked into parking. I'm really looking forward to it now

:D, Kind regards Jennie

Hi Jennie, we have done a several cruises with P &O but this is first re-positional, I have a feeling that when I rang the Radisson they have quoted me for a suite, never mind happy with hotel/parking we have booked at the Marriott with taxi transfer.

Ours is a 3 hour drive so didn't want to leave anything to chance. I had been asking P & O for several weeks for coach timings even pointed out that it wasn't fair to their passengers who might need to book accommodation as obviously the price goes up the nearer you book to date of stay.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time and no doubt become hooked, we enjoy cruises that have sea days as lovely just to relax.

Kind regards

Viv

I have done this cruise twice and on both occasions, it did not matter what time coach you were allocated, you all join the same queue at the coach station and the P&O staff just fill up each coach in turn. Although we were allocated the first coach out because the queue was so long we ended up on about the sixth coach

I have done this cruise twice and on both occasions, it did not matter what time coach you were allocated, you all join the same queue at the coach station and the P&O staff just fill up each coach in turn. Although we were allocated the first coach out because the queue was so long we ended up on about the sixth coach ��

Thanks for info Fab1, hopefully you can answer some more of my queries, is the coach station at the railway station or is it separate, only info I have got is that it's between terminal 1 and 2. Is it well signposted. If there's a big queue does this mean you're standing outside ages ( just thinking about weather). How long does it take to get down to Southampton and do they have a comfort stop on the way down. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Viv.

Yes the coach station is in the same place as the train station. Although there was a long queue it was all inside, it is quite big, and there is some seating as well. There are also toilets there. I can't remember exactly how long it took to Southampton but think it was about 5 hrs. This included a comfort stop of approx 45mins at Norton Cane services on the M6 toll road. It was a very comfortable journey down as we were lucky enough to get an Ellisons coach both times and they are quite luxurious. Hope you manage to get one too.

Yes the coach station is in the same place as the train station. Although there was a long queue it was all inside, it is quite big, and there is some seating as well. There are also toilets there. I can't remember exactly how long it took to Southampton but think it was about 5 hrs. This included a comfort stop of approx 45mins at Norton Cane services on the M6 toll road. It was a very comfortable journey down as we were lucky enough to get an Ellisons coach both times and they are quite luxurious. Hope you manage to get one too.

Thanks so much, you've put my mind at rest, I thought it was the only place it could be, but on google maps it also showed a coach/bus parking which was quite a distance from the terminals and was worried that we might be picked up there.

Thanks for all info, much appreciated. Kind regards Viv.