Stockholm Itinerary doable?

Will this Stockholm itineary work?

My cruise docks at Frihamnen port in Stockholm at 8AM and then leaves at 4PM on Monday on May 18.

I'm planning on taking the 76 bus from Frihamnen to Gamla Stan and explore the upper part of Gamla Stan. Then, I'll walk over to City Hall and sign up with their guided tours.

When the city hall tour is over, I'll walk back to Gamla Stan, see the changing of the guard, and then go see the southern part of Gamla Stan. Then, grab a quick bite at the herring stand in Södermalm Square and then take the harbor ferry shuttle from Slussen to Djurgarden Island, which docks near the amusement park.

And, then I'll walk from there to Vasa Museum and visit the Vasa Museum and then return to my cruise ship.

I'm open to any suggestions as to how to make this work where I can see the Vasa Museum, City Hall, and Gamla Stan. And, I would go to Vasa Museum first but it won't be open when I first arrive.

Originally, I was just planning on seeing Gamla Stan along with Vasa and Skansen since they're next to each other on the same Island. But, there didn't seem to be much to see in Helsinki on a Sunday so I've decided to see their Seurassarri Open Air Folk Museum. And, since Seurassarri and Skansen seem alike, it didn't make sense to then see Skansen after I saw Seurassarri in Helsinki.

Edited by hobbess

I'll let someone more familiar with the logistics of traveling in Stockholm respond to your plan, but I wanted to note for other cruisers that vasa will open at 8:30 am starting June 1st. I'm sorry that doesn't help you or the others docking in May.

Edited by kitkat343

Hobbess, I guess it might work, but why not start with the city hall if you don't want to wait for Vasa to open? First English tour is at 09.30.

Then you can do the Old Town in "One go"?

Bus connection: http://sl.se/en/#/Travel/SearchTravelById/Frihamnen%20%28Stockholm%29/Stadshuset%20%28Stockholm%29/1170/1205/2015-05-18%252008_00/depart/en/null/null/2,8,1,4,96,/null/null/null/null/null/true/null/0/0/null

Here (where bus #2 have stopped) is where you board bus #62 towards Fredhäll.

https://www.google.se/maps/@59.332149,18.072016,3a,59.3y,316.89h,75.11t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sHDIRIfaXW0C3bQYWzHEX5Q!2e0

Edited by Desdichado62

That's a good point. I will just start off with the city hall tour.

With the time my ship docks and the time the tour begins, I thought I would have time to kill before the tour started. And, I would have rather waited around Gamla Stan than around the city hall, where there doesn't seem to be anything of interest other than the city hall. But, that didn't account for waiting in line for tickets or trying to find where to buy the tickets for the city hall tour.

Do you have any other ideas about improving this trip?

If I'm going straight to city hall from the port, should I take the subway instead of taking the bus?

And, would it make sense to go see city hall and then the vasa museum and then finishing with gamla stan? But, I can't find a shortcut or something that will go from city hall to vasa. Otherwise, I'm afraid I would be wasting time going back and forth from city hall to vasa and then to gamla stan.

I would advise going directly to city hall since you want to make sure that you will be able to go on the first tour= be there in good time.

You have to expect that it will take some time to get off the ship, make your way to the bus and then the travel time plus possible cuing time.

If you have some to spare you go for a walk in the surroundings/along Norrmälarstrand or just enjoy the magnificent view from the City hall park:

https://www.google.se/maps/@59.326872,18.055489,3a,75y,75.17h,89.12t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sUYGvRWh7D6YAAAQfCLlxzg!2e0!3e11!6m1!1e1

Where exactly do you wait in line to buy tickets for the city hall tour? I look at their website and they talk about two possible entrances depending on the season but nothing about where you go to buy the tickets.

Where exactly do you wait in line to buy tickets for the city hall tour? I look at their website and they talk about two possible entrances depending on the season but nothing about where you go to buy the tickets.

Here is the main entrance: https://www.google.se/maps/@59.328089,18.05561,3a,49y,216.61h,97.22t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNMCh47Q2py_qschUImY3HQ!2e0!6m1!1e1

Enter there and follow these instructions:

From April to September, the entrance is located along the colonnade on the Courtyard’s south side. From Hantverkargatan,

you go straight across the Civic Courtyard to the colonnade, where you will see the staircase leading to the entrance on your right hand side.

Then it will be like this: http://kartor.eniro.se/m/Fw8eu

Edited by Desdichado62