Wonderful Copenhagen 2015 edition

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for posting all of the great information. We will be in Copenhagen for a few days in early June, including June 5th which is a national holiday. I have been reading some of the websites of a number of the tourist areas and it seems like they will be open even though it is a holiday.

Can we expect that most of the shops along the Stroget and in the Nyhavn will be open on June 5th? What about canal tours, do you think they will operate on the 5th?

We are trying to plan our few days as best as possible...

Thanks for your help!!

Hi, Danish viking,

Congratulation on your Big 30.

1) do transit and/or railway stations offer WiFi free to all?

b) about downtown/main tourist attractions?

2) To navigate the train stations/train/buses, what is the simple Dansh

North, South, East, West; Next ;

turn; straight;

blocks; how many blocks to go

left, right, front, back, forward, backward, return

how long to wait?

where, which platform, which floor

men's room, women's room

3) How to find individual bus route map: e.g. #11 which was quoted/linked frequently in the previous years' posts, but "not available now", what is the new link?

4) 24hrs Pass: In the widely expected post after your site tour upon the first Oceankaj cruise arrival, please also comment on where in which terminal and the store hours to buy the 24hrs Pass?

Thanks.

Edited by LiCruise

Hello guys, I have seen your questions bus as I'm celebrating my 30 years birthday today I don't have the time to look at your requests but I will do it tomorrow depending on my hangovers :D

My birthday is really first on Tuesday and that is kind of cool because its the day we celebrate that ze Germans pulled out of our country in the second world war so there is flags on busses and public buildings but I'm just thinking that they celebrate me and my brothers birthday.

Hi

Hope you had an amazing day.

Happy 30th Birthday.:):)

I don't know if I asked you this before. If I did, I'm sorry.

I was told that tips were included in the taxi fare. Is this true?

We are staying at Hotel Bethel. Can we walk to the Strogen (where all the shops are)

Thanks for ALL YOUR HELP. WE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP.

Re: My Posting [# 605 Today 06AM (-7)

Hi, Danish viking,

2) To navigate the train stations/train/buses, what is the simple Dansh

North, South, East, West; Next ;

turn; straight;

blocks; how many blocks to go

left, right, front, back, forward, backward, return

how long to wait?

where, which platform, which floor

men's room, women's room

Thanks.

Hi, Danish viking,

Can you check the correctness by Google Translation for reading Signs at the Transportation Hub:

==========================================

For signs in : For tegn på:

Airport terminal; Lufthavnsterminal,

train platform; perronen,

train stations; togstationer

bus stations; busstationer,

ticket office; billetkontor

to go to Oceankaj cruise port; at gå til Oceankaj krydstogthavn

which train to catch ; der tog til fange;

which bus to catch ; som bus til fange;

which platform ; hvilken platform,

Which floor ; hvilken etage

Next ; Næste;

when is the next train? ; hvornår er det næste tog

<bus> < shuttle> ; <bussen> < shuttle>

how long to wait? ; hvor lang tid at vente?

Direction: ; Retning:

North, south, East, West; Nord, syd, øst, vest;

to from up down ; til fra op ned

elevator escalator stairs ; elevator rulletrappe trapper

walk steps length meters ; walk trin længde meter

left, right, ; venstre, højre,

turn; straight; ; dreje; straight;

forward backward return ; frem baglæns afkast

how much DKK - Danish Krone; hvor meget DKK - Danske kroner

do you take US$, Euro ; tager du US $, Euroen og

credit card ; eller kreditkort

Information police ; information politiet

lost / found ; mistede / fundet

===============================================

blocks; how many blocks to go ; blokke; hvor mange blokke at gå

front, back, forward, ; forside, bagside, frem,

backward, ; tilbage,

men's room, women's room ; herretoilettet, kvinders plads

today, tomorrow, ; dag, i morgen,

weekdays Monday, Tuesday, ; hverdage mandag, tirsdag,

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ; onsdag, torsdag, fredag

Weekend, Saturday, Sunday ; Weekend, lørdag, søndag

hour minutes ; timers minutter

ten, twenty, thirty forty ; ti, tyve, tredive fyrre

fifty sixty ; halvtreds tres

first, second, next, ; første, anden, næste,

Edited by LiCruise

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for posting all of the great information. We will be in Copenhagen for a few days in early June, including June 5th which is a national holiday. I have been reading some of the websites of a number of the tourist areas and it seems like they will be open even though it is a holiday.

Can we expect that most of the shops along the Stroget and in the Nyhavn will be open on June 5th? What about canal tours, do you think they will operate on the 5th?

We are trying to plan our few days as best as possible...

Thanks for your help!!

The normal shops will be closed but the souvenir shops will most likely be open.

The canal tour will be in service.

I don't know if I asked you this before. If I did, I'm sorry.

I was told that tips were included in the taxi fare. Is this true?

We are staying at Hotel Bethel. Can we walk to the Strogen (where all the shops are)

Thanks for ALL YOUR HELP. WE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP.

Well you can say that tips is included, but we really don't use that in Denmark so it will not be on the bill either.

Re: My Posting [# 605 Today 06AM (-7)

Hi, Danish viking,

Can you check the correctness by Google Translation for reading Signs at the Transportation Hub:

==========================================

For signs in : For tegn på:

Airport terminal; Lufthavnsterminal,

train platform; perronen,

train stations; togstationer

bus stations; busstationer,

ticket office; billetkontor

to go to Oceankaj cruise port; at gå til Oceankaj krydstogthavn

which train to catch ; der tog til fange;

which bus to catch ; som bus til fange;

which platform ; hvilken platform,

Which floor ; hvilken etage

Next ; Næste;

when is the next train? ; hvornår er det næste tog

<bus> < shuttle> ; <bussen> < shuttle>

how long to wait? ; hvor lang tid at vente?

Direction: ; Retning:

North, south, East, West; Nord, syd, øst, vest;

to from up down ; til fra op ned

elevator escalator stairs ; elevator rulletrappe trapper

walk steps length meters ; walk trin længde meter

left, right, ; venstre, højre,

turn; straight; ; dreje; straight;

forward backward return ; frem baglæns afkast

how much DKK - Danish Krone; hvor meget DKK - Danske kroner

do you take US$, Euro ; tager du US $, Euroen og

credit card ; eller kreditkort

Information police ; information politiet

lost / found ; mistede / fundet

===============================================

blocks; how many blocks to go ; blokke; hvor mange blokke at gå

front, back, forward, ; forside, bagside, frem,

backward, ; tilbage,

men's room, women's room ; herretoilettet, kvinders plads

today, tomorrow, ; dag, i morgen,

weekdays Monday, Tuesday, ; hverdage mandag, tirsdag,

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday ; onsdag, torsdag, fredag

Weekend, Saturday, Sunday ; Weekend, lørdag, søndag

hour minutes ; timers minutter

ten, twenty, thirty forty ; ti, tyve, tredive fyrre

fifty sixty ; halvtreds tres

first, second, next, ; første, anden, næste,

I really really do like the effort you put in this and I really don't want to be rude but please don't try to speak Danish.

It will most likely be harder to understand what you are saying.

Remember that most Danes speaks English, one of the highest percentage of the population worldwide.

Most signs at the stations are also posted in English and on the train and metro the most important stops is also announced in English.

Hi, Danish viking,

but while the trip planning has English version, the bus transit web site , at least so far I couldn't find English version. Like I meant, just want to make sure I am heading for the right place by looking up the sign board, when changing transportation mode.

Thx for your assistance.

Dear Danish Viking, Hope You had a spectacular Birthday; Thank You for all Your time, trouble, and especially Your courteous response to sometimes redundant and tedious questions. We really did appreciate it; and would have been lost without Your great sense of direction!

Signing off for now; I am leaving tomorrow to have a amazing time in Your Wonderful Copenhagen.

Best regards,

Suzanne

DanishViking,

Happy birthday and thank you for all your help and answering mine and everybody else's questions on this forum.

I'm staying at Hotel Alexandra on H. C. Andersens Boulevard 8 and I have dinner reservations at Manfred & Vin on Jægersborggade 40. It looks like it'll take about half an hour to walk there and the subway doesn't seem any quicker.

Is there a better, faster route to get there?

And, if you have heard of John's Hotdog deli, do you know where its located? I've seen some say its located in Axeltorv square but then others say its inbetween Tivoli Gardens and the Main Train Station so I'm a bit confused where to find those hot dogs.

I'm planning on saving some money with lunch by eating some hot dogs so I can splurge on dinner at Manfred & Vin.

DanishViking,

Happy birthday and thank you for all your help and answering mine and everybody else's questions on this forum.

I'm staying at Hotel Alexandra on H. C. Andersens Boulevard 8 and I have dinner reservations at Manfred & Vin on Jægersborggade 40. It looks like it'll take about half an hour to walk there and the subway doesn't seem any quicker.

Is there a better, faster route to get there?

And, if you have heard of John's Hotdog deli, do you know where its located? I've seen some say its located in Axeltorv square but then others say its inbetween Tivoli Gardens and the Main Train Station so I'm a bit confused where to find those hot dogs.

I'm planning on saving some money with lunch by eating some hot dogs so I can splurge on dinner at Manfred & Vin.

There are 2 ways to get to Jægersborggade 40.

Take bus 5A from Rådhuspladsen towards Husum Torv and get off at Stefansgade and walk the last 550 meters.

This bus takes 17 minutes.

Or take 250S towards Buddinge and get off at Jagtvej and walk the last 800 meters

This trip takes 9 minutes but requires a little longer walk.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hotel+Alexandra,+H.+C.+Andersens+Boulevard+8,+1553+Kobenhavn+V/J%C3%A6gersborggade+40,+2200+K%C3%B8benhavn+N/@55.6868584,12.5362904,14z/am=t/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530e79273a49:0x51e860a2fa75a12f!2m2!1d12.565988!2d55.677072!1m5!1m1!1s0x465253b27e312d83:0xeb573bc4aa186ff7!2m2!1d12.5434728!2d55.6932732!3e3

Johns hotdog deli is located between the central station and Tivoli.

but my favourite hot dog stand is called DØP (den økologiske pølsemand/The Organik hot dog stand) and is located on Strøget near the Helligåndskirken church and near Rundetaarn (the round tower)

At Copenhagen Airport you will get free wireless internet if you are a member of the CPH Advantage program.

Become a member straight away - it's free and you will get a lot more out of visiting Copenhagen Airport. Yes, sign me up to CPH Advantage and free wifi now

Wireless access to the Internet is possible from all locations in Copenhagen Airport. To make use of this service, you must have a laptop or a smartpone with wifi.

[Source : Internet -

http://www.cph.dk/en/Shopping-and-tax-free/internet/]

====================== ============

Café and restaurants including McDonalds may provide free wifi for customers. The port may also offer free wifi at the cruise terminals.

[source : Copenhagen Cruise Port Guide - CruisePortWiki.com - http://cruiseportwiki.com/Copenhagen]

====================== ============

Dear Danish viking,

would you please verify , with Corrections/ Updates as needed,

the below CityPass info as quoted from the officially sound but an .co.uk site?

Per the info quoted below:

1) City Pass (24 or 72 hrs) is sold at the DSB Ticket Offices/ ticket machines/ smartphone APP;

2) Time Countdown starts at the first Use of it;

As such, I will then buy the Pass at the Airport DSB ticket office before taking the train to the Oceankaj embarking;

use it for the 25/27 Shuttle into Town when returning to Copenhagen for the overnight stay.

BTW, how much $DKK is the CityPass (24/72 hrs)?

... it is possible to buy various tickets and travel cards such as a single ticket, Flexcard 7-days, 24-hour ticket, Copenhagen card and a City Pass. These can be purchased at machines or DSB ticket offices at most stations or via the internet or your mobile phone.

If you don't want to worry about calculating zones and time, the so-called City Pass may be a perfect solution for you. They are available in 24 hour and 72 hour versions, and allow for unlimited travel in zones 1 to 4 for the designated period.

You simply stamp your City Pass the first time you use public transport in Copenhagen, and it will be your valid travel ticket until the 24 hours or 72 hours have passed. The CityPass can be purchased as a ticket on your mobile phone (via app or internet) or in DSB ticket offices.

[Transport in Copenhagen | VisitDenmark - http://www.visitdenmark.co.uk/en-gb/denmark/transport-copenhagen]

Dear Danish viking,

would you please verify , with Corrections/ Updates as needed,

the below CityPass info as quoted from the officially sound but an .co.uk site?

Per the info quoted below:

1) City Pass (24 or 72 hrs) is sold at the DSB Ticket Offices/ ticket machines/ smartphone APP;

2) Time Countdown starts at the first Use of it;

As such, I will then buy the Pass at the Airport DSB ticket office before taking the train to the Oceankaj embarking;

use it for the 25/27 Shuttle into Town when returning to Copenhagen for the overnight stay.

BTW, how much $DKK is the CityPass (24/72 hrs)?

The info is outdated.

Here is the current info from Movia

"You can buy a City Pass valid for bus, train and Metro in zones 01, 02, 03 and 04. CityPass sold valid for 24 or 72 hours for adults and children. It is impersonal and can be used by the bearer.

CityPass is sold as normal. Paper Ticket and mobile ticketing. The ticket is sold, inter alia, the ticket machines, the SMS, the Mobile Ticket App and is also sold over the Internet and in some hotels, with delivery by Mobile Ticket.

CityPass on 1-stamp-cards are no longer available. For rules on reimbursement, see vouchers."

So buy it on the phone if you need it to be valid from when you leave the ship.

Its 80 kroner for a 24 hour card and 200 kroner for the 72 hour card.

Edited by Danish viking

Dear Danish Viking,

Happy belated 30th birthday - as we say in Ireland you are a little spring chicken, just 30! Hope you had a lovely weekend.

I don't know how to thank you so much for your reply and very quickly too. I am a bit anxious due to the walking stick. Could you tell me if there will be much walking for me? Thank you so much.

I wonder also if I could please ask you another request. I arrive back from cruise at 12 noon on Saturday 30th May - MSC coming from Russia. Could you please give me some information about getting from cruise terminal to hotel - Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel, Frederiksberg?

Thanking you so very much

Dear Danish Viking,

Happy belated 30th birthday - as we say in Ireland you are a little spring chicken, just 30! Hope you had a lovely weekend.

I don't know how to thank you so much for your reply and very quickly too. I am a bit anxious due to the walking stick. Could you tell me if there will be much walking for me? Thank you so much.

I wonder also if I could please ask you another request. I arrive back from cruise at 12 noon on Saturday 30th May - MSC coming from Russia. Could you please give me some information about getting from cruise terminal to hotel - Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel, Frederiksberg?

Thanking you so very much

Generally I would say that Copenhagen is very walkable but its possible to make some shortcuts by taking busses, harbour busses and in rare cases train and metro.

Tell me what you want to see and I can suggest a walking route.

The other question is easy, take bus 25 from Oceankaj to Nørreport.

The bus hasn´t a timetable as such but runs every 20-30th minute between 8:00 and 16:00.

From here you just take metro line M1 or M2 towards Vanløse and get off at Frederiksberg, your hotel is just next door.