Car Rental in Warnemunde Cruise Port

What rental companies are the closest and most reliable to the port?

To the best of my knowledge none of the car rental companies have an actual office at the cruise terminal but one at least has a desk at P7 and others will deliver and pick up pre-booked cars at all the berths.

Europcar - http://www.europcar.com/location/germany/rostock-warnemuende/rostock-cruise-terminal-warnemuende

Sixt - http://www.sixt.com/car-rental/germany/rostock/rostock-warnemunde-cruise-ctr

Hertz - https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/RLGN70?targetPage=locationDetail&eoag=RLGN70

Happy cruising, :)

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Edited by Travelanni

• 3 months later...

I have a reservation with Hertz July 2015 but was just notified by another cruiser that Hertz location in Warnemunde is permanently closed. I have now made a reservation with Sixt, hoping they will be there in July.

Please let me know if anyone else has the same experience. Thanks

I have a reservation in June with Hertz, and fully expect my car to be there!

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/location/RLGN70

I went on their website to double check. This location shows the message

'This location has been permanently closed. [DE554] Click here to view nearby locations.'

Not trying to scare you but better safe than sorry:(

I went on their website to double check. This location shows the message

'This location has been permanently closed. [DE554] Click here to view nearby locations.'

Not trying to scare you but better safe than sorry:(

Have spoken to Hertz in Rostock today, who confirmed my booking. Whilst they no longer have an office at the port, a representative will be there (a "yellow man" as he was delightfully described to me - not a Chinaman but someone in yellow Hertz livery), waiting with cars booked.

The rental cars at the Warnemunde port were run out of "shacks" in a parking lot across the street from the port last summer when I took a Baltics Cruise. We had no issue picking up the car.

We were instructed to just park the car in the lot upon returning and leave the key in a drop box inside the port building (really more of a permanent fest tent) since the reps would not be there in the evening when we returned.

I remembered just in the nick of time to deposit the key in the drop box. I ALMOST got back on the ship and sailed off into the sunset with the key still in my pocket. I dread to think what extra charges would have shown up on my credit card if I'd forgotten to return the key! :eek:

We rented a car with Hertz. Just a coup,e of meters from the ship a van with the Hertz logo was waiting with 2 representatives from the company. We completed the paperwork inside the van and our car was already waiting for us. Very easy and relaxed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 year later...

We are sailing on the Regal Princess in May 2017. We are flying into Frankfurt; arriving the day before departure and will then need to get to the port in Warnamunde (there are 5 of us) and then we need to reverse on the back end with a 2 night stay in Berlin on our return 11 days later. I am trying to figure out our best way of doing this -- e.g. fly German Wings from Frankfurt to Berlin and back; rent a car and drive ourselves (I've been to Germany and spent a summer there in college so it's comfortable); rent in Frankfurt and return at the port and rent again at the port and return in Frankfurt or keep for the duration of the trip and rent it rountrip Frankfurt and park it during the cruise at the port. It appears to cost $500 each way for the 5 of us for the Princess transfers from the TXL in Berlin (and back) or for a private transfer from Berlin to the port -- so the car is looking good. Help please. thanks.

Have you thought about getting there by using the train? There's a direct connection from Frankfurt to Rostock (which is close to Warenmunde) with the ICE (long distance train). From Rostock you may take a cab or a regional train to the port. I live in Frankfurt, so if you have any questions, let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums