Advice/Thoughts on Dawn Requested

My DH and I have only been on a few cruises with our first NCL freestyle being on Getaway Feb '14. We LOVED it!!! The ship and all its amenities were exceptional. As a result of our great experience we have booked the Escape for Feb '16 which I am sure will be amazing as well.

My dilemma....I would love to sail the Dawn to Canada-Boston itinerary in the Fall of 2016 but am afraid we will be disappointed in the older Dawn after being on the two new ships. Thoughts from those who have cruised either of the 'Aways' and the Dawn for comparison on overall experience would be appreciated. The Dawn reviews I have read have been very mixed.

My DH and I have only been on a few cruises with our first NCL freestyle being on Getaway Feb '14. We LOVED it!!! The ship and all its amenities were exceptional. As a result of our great experience we have booked the Escape for Feb '16 which I am sure will be amazing as well.

My dilemma....I would love to sail the Dawn to Canada-Boston itinerary in the Fall of 2016 but am afraid we will be disappointed in the older Dawn after being on the two new ships. Thoughts from those who have cruised either of the 'Aways' and the Dawn for comparison on overall experience would be appreciated. The Dawn reviews I have read have been very mixed.

We were not disappointed. We loved it. We recently returned from the 12 Night repositioning from New Orleans to Boston. Go for it!:)

I've sailed the Dawn and the BA, headed back on the Dawn late this summer. The BA is like a floating Las Vegas. The Dawn is like your local hometown. Still fun things to do, and you'll tend to see the same folks out and about. You just have to have the right expectations. I'm looking forward to a more relaxed, romantic cruise as opposed to the Go Go Go we had on the BA, trying to fit everything in. [emoji4]

Edited by AEckhardt

We were on the dawn in April and loved it. Very clean, good food and drinks. We were on the epic last year and lived that ship also. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I've sailed the Dawn and the BA, headed back on the Dawn late this summer. The BA is like a floating Las Vegas. The Dawn is like your local hometown. Still fun things to do, and you'll tend to see the same folks out and about. You just have to have the right expectations. I'm looking forward to a more relaxed, romantic cruise as opposed to the Go Go Go we had on the BA, trying to fit everything in. [emoji4]

Totally Agree! Large ships are fun with so much to do, but we also enjoy the smaller ship experience. Every cruise is fun:D

Our first cruise was on the Epic, and we figured that the Epic had spoiled us for good, and that trying any of the other NCL ships would be an inevitable let-down.

We really found, though, that this wasn't the case at all! Our next cruise was on the Star, and we had an absolute blast.

Then we went on the Breakaway, then went back to the Dawn. Same deal!

For me, the smaller ships have a more homey feel, and with that said, they are still big ships! There's not quite as much going on as on the newer, megaships, but there are also nice perks like a true, wraparound promenade deck, that you don't really find on newer ships.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. All the ships have something to like about them.

Dawn may be a bit of a let down . :(

The Canada B2B with the overnight in Old Quebec City is a favorite for us. :D