Concierge floor cabin location on Fantasy

Focused1

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Fantasy concierge floors. We have our choice of Deck 11 or 12. We are considering deck 12 as we like that the concierge lounge is also on the deck 12. However, we notice that the sun deck and bar are just above. Does anyone have experience in staying on this deck? Should we book deck 11 or 12 if we are concerned about noise above us?

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Fantasy concierge floors. We have our choice of Deck 11 or 12. We are considering deck 12 as we like that the concierge lounge is also on the deck 12. However, we notice that the sun deck and bar are just above. Does anyone have experience in staying on this deck? Should we book deck 11 or 12 if we are concerned about noise above us?

you MUST book deck 12..

do not take deck 11...

deck 12 has all the advantages and none of the disadvantages of the cabins on deck 11..

we were in the one bedroom that was right across from the entrance into the concierge lounge...

i can't remember the number, but it was a wonderful location!!

Edited by alaska_planner

Deck 12;

I've heard deck 12 gets lots of noise from above.

Chairs moving about at all hours. Crews washing decks starting at midnight. Then again at 4am.

Crew rigs mounted outside the rooms off the balconies of 12, blocking views. Moving about. They also wash too much. Also in port and at sea. :( Crew may end up on your balcony without notice in port.

During the day it's constant noise with pax above. Carts rolling about at all hours.

Crew storage closets are on 12 and generate tons of noise.

The traffic on 12 to the lounge is deafening. If not forward of the lounge, oh my. It's a constant back and forth of traffic. Doors slamming constantly.

Elevator traffic, oh my.

Lounge access is keyed on 12 which often doesn't work.

So pax bang on the side doors to the lounge. So pleasant for those nearby. not.

A level above Spa.

Elevators always crowded down to spa/adult pool.

Staircase down to 11 always crowed with ....... from deck 12.

So it can be difficult, and confrontational at times to get down to 11, given the pax from deck 12 who tend to congregate on said staircase

Deck 11;

Pick a cabin on deck 11. Larger balconies (deeper), closer to Spa.

No stairs to adult pool. Ecstasy exists on 11.

Pool deck / lido to room w/o stairs / elevator.

Balconies enclosed mostly so no annoying wash rigs / crew.

Balconies protected from weather / rain.

No stair trauma.

No teen stair/stare encounters.

Back door hidden stairs to lounge to avoid the riffraff.

Secret luggage elevator. You likely get you luggage first.

The concierge are always perusing deck 11 too

:D

:p

:)

Edited by bear3412

Please contrast the above post of "I've heard....." with 2 posters who have stayed on deck 12 with no noise issues.

Each of us has different experiences. However, a lot that I've read about specific cabins has ended up to be not true when I've stayed in that cabin. I've also been in cabins with "good" reports on line and had problems in that cabin--a call to housekeeping or guest services usually got it fixed.

Stayed on both 11 and 12. We do not book concierge if only 11 is available. Stayed 12506, 12512, 12000, and 11002. Happy with all Deck 12 rooms listed. No noise and I'm a light, late sleeper (work late shift regularly/ body not on a normal clock. As in 9am is an ungodly hour for me.).

Also not happy with Deck 11 verandah. Very enclosed, was hot as a greenhouse or incubator (suppose this is a plus in rainy or cold weather, but August, um no). Also enclosure acted as a megaphone. Heard normal conversations clearly a couple verandas away. Did not enjoy being a floor away from lounge or being near elevators on same deck as pools (too many people come in from pools to those elevators. Always a wait).

Will also suggest starboard side (125xx) if available so you can have nice view of Castaway Cay. Love being on veranda while arriving and pulling away from CC.

Do not, however, book room over gym starboard. 12514, 12516, for example. Some trainers love early morning classes with too much bass to get the blood flowing.

Enjoy. Let us know what you decide.

Edited by AlexandNessa
Info

Please contrast the above post of "I've heard....." with 2 posters who have stayed on deck 12 with no noise issues.

Did you notice the " :p " ?

Or " :D "

I guess not.

BTW, we only sail deck 2 on the Fantasy. :D

Lol

Edited by bear3412