Internet data access on Divina

cruiserbie

Hello we are going on the MSC Divina cruise to Eastern Caribbean from Miami. First time boarding this cruiseline, appreciate if someone can tell us about the wifi/data/internet access on the ship? We just need to check emails for work, so not heavily use the internet or anything. We don't mind whether it's mobile data or computer's access. Our cell service with sprint, they said it's not available on the cruise but only at the shore. Thx

Hope someone can give you an insight on this question, because I've been looking for days to see if anyone has purchased the internet plan, which one they purchased, and how much were they able to use it before they ran out of data use.

We're also going on the Eastern cruise on Divina, and other than being told that our plan will cover approx. 400 mb per day, that's about all we know. Not certain how long that will last per day, but I've been told that it's not much, other than to maybe do a little bit of emailing, upload photo or so, and spend a little bit of time on facebook or any other social media site.

I know that we can use our cell phones in San Juan, but other than that, I wanted to be able to keep in touch now and then with family back home.

We just returned from the Divina Yacht Club last Saturday. We purchased the top internet package for about $64 for the entire week. Up to 4 devices could be used so we didn't need a plan for each of us. We connected 2 iPhones and an iPad. We had 1500 mb of data we could use and, after checking email daily doing some Facebook and doing several facetime calls we still had only used about 2/3 of the package. Internet was available all over the ship. While not real speedy, this was the best (and least expensive) internet experience of our 21 cruises. Ask the YC concierge to help you set it up in order to avoid problems. It only took less than 5 minutes.

Edited by Danbee46

We just returned from a cruise with MSC Divina and we have taken the package for two devices (44.90 dollar) with a limit of 800 MB. To be honest, I found the package to be expensive and we seemed to use a lot of MB (even though I switched of the entire time the wifi connection.). Sometimes it was a little slow as well.

On the Divina it's mostly the question, how many devices you want to connect to the Internet. We took the one for 4 different devices, including a volume of 1.5 GB. Due to slow and low bandwith, we only managed to consume a little bit more than half of the data volume that would have been included in the package. So surfing in the Internet isn't really fun at all....

Rgds

Pat

It's slightly different than say carnival. We had the streamer 1.5 gig. We had very good service on the 11th floor. But they will log you off after a certain amount of time. And u have to log back in. But other than that we were very happy with the speed and the cost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Just like said above. Guest services a lady is walking around helping you connect. We have one date that was day month year we could not get right. But you have to have put money or link credit card at one of the kiosk in the lobby area first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Edited by tjlj

We pre-purchased the $79.90 package. We were told that you get 20% extra mb for pre-purchasing. It comes to about 400 mb per day, or 1.5 gig per cruise. He said that since we're on a 7 day cruise, it would be the 400 mb per day (which adds up to more than 1.5 gig per cruise).

He said that once you hit your limit per day, it will automatically log you out, so you don't have to worry about going over and having to pay extra. The time not spent per day, does not carry over to the next day. The mb resets each day. He also said that each time you log in, it will show how much was used, and how much is remaining per day. At least that's what I was told. Guess I'll find out after I get on the ship. :O

I need to get on eBay because we have a business there, and wanted to be able to get on facebook to message my family. I hope I didn't just waste $79.90. We forfeited the drink package for the internet, because we only drink like a drink or two per day, and some days, we don't drink at all.

I did the social media package, for $16ish, and was able to text, call and video chat using Facebook Messenger. Best $16 I spent on any extra, to be honest.

I found the wifi service spotty in my room but very good in public areas and stateroom hallways, and oddly on my deck 9 balcony. Overall service I give an 8 out of 10... it rarely gave me grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just received my documents and e-tickets, and it appears that the larger internet plan for $79.90 is limited at a total of 1800 mb (1.8 gig) for the total cruise length. So I think the fella that gave me the earlier information was incorrect.

I have an online business, so I'm in hopes that I can pop in every once in awhile and at least check my emails.