How does MSC do Loyalty?

Love2Cruz2015

I can't seem to find it on the website, but how does their loyalty system work? With Carnival, it's by day and not by cruise...I am almost Platinum with CCL.

How many cruises/days do I need to reach Gold? Black? I know they do status match, but I am gold with CCL so I don't think that gets me anything.

I can't seem to find it on the website, but how does their loyalty system work? With Carnival, it's by day and not by cruise...I am almost Platinum with CCL.

CCL Platinum goes to MSC Gold

How many cruises/days do I need to reach Gold? Black? I know they do status match, but I am gold with CCL so I don't think that gets me anything.

You need 4300 points for GOLD

points are awarded based on length of cruise in nights combined with "experience " purchased.

In addition points are awarded for on board spend

voyages%20club%20points.jpg

so 4 x 7 night's cruise in fantastica experience with $600 OBS each cruise will get you 4400 points which is GOLD

(4 x 700) + ( 4 x 400) = 4400

Pete

Skier, thanks for that graph but not sure they follow it. I've been on 1 seven day cruise and I got 800points for it....so it's either an accounting error or someone is being nice to me....

I'll be platinum next year on CCL so hopefully get bumped up to Gold-they did announce there might be changes this year..so I hope it doesn't affect me.

Skier, thanks for that graph but not sure they follow it. I've been on 1 seven day cruise and I got 800points for it....so it's either an accounting error or someone is being nice to me....

I'll be platinum next year on CCL so hopefully get bumped up to Gold-they did announce there might be changes this year..so I hope it doesn't affect me.

does the 800 points include on board spend? if you had 150 - 299 USD or Euros spend that would give you 100 points to add to the 700 cruise points.

I'm gold with CCL and just submitted my status match request, and MSC gave me silver level, which is their mid-point. You should be able to get the same with your gold level. Pretty nice that they do that.

Sent from my XT1095 using Forums mobile app

I'm gold with CCL and just submitted my status match request' date=' and MSC gave me silver level, which is their mid-point. You should be able to get the same with your gold level. Pretty nice that they do that.

Sent from my XT1095 using Forums mobile app

I read somewhere on these boards that they will only do status match once. Since I am so close to getting Platinum...I might as well wait another year and apply when I can reach Gold.

does the 800 points include on board spend? if you had 150 - 299 USD or Euros spend that would give you 100 points to add to the 700 cruise points.

I had a Bella balcony cabin and 300 OBC (that they gave us) so yeah, I spent it all (and then some) :D

I think the fastest way is to do the status match...as I said on the post above, in 3 more cruises (which I have booked) with Carnival, I'll get Platinum...which gets me Gold MSC...so that seems like a good and fast way to get there, and they have a new loyal customers. I'm almost Gold on DCL too so I think I'll be shuffling through CCL, MSC and DCL in the near future. :D

I had a Bella balcony cabin and 300 OBC (that they gave us) so yeah, I spent it all (and then some) :D

I think the fastest way is to do the status match...as I said on the post above, in 3 more cruises (which I have booked) with Carnival, I'll get Platinum...which gets me Gold MSC...so that seems like a good and fast way to get there, and they have a new loyal customers. I'm almost Gold on DCL too so I think I'll be shuffling through CCL, MSC and DCL in the near future. :D

you will have had 500 points for the Bella cabin, 200 points for spending the 300 OBC and then you will have spent 150 -299 and got 100 points for that additional spend. So 800 points will be correct.

Pete

Hello Love2Cruise, I see you have gotten your info. My brother is cruising with me next year from Barcelona, he is Gold with Carnival and his status with MSC is Silver. I am Platinum and I am Gold with MSC. I can't remember how many points I was given after booking a single Balcony. I didn't get any OBC, I got a discount for being retired US Military and that was great.:)