not much difference in price inside vs verandah

travelingla

I don't understand pricing structure of Disney cabins.....from least costly inside to most costly family deluxe veranda there is only a few hundred dollars....... can anyone explain this to me?

Even some of the lower category verandahs cost less than higher cat inside!

I expected a much wider spread.

I don't understand pricing structure of Disney cabins.....from least costly inside to most costly family deluxe veranda there is only a few hundred dollars....... can anyone explain this to me?

Typically, there is a wider spread between the different types of rooms. But, if the inside rooms are selling better than the verandahs, the price on those will rise faster than the price on the verandah rooms.

When prices increase as the space fills up onboard, it doesn't increase across the board (in all rooms), only in the categories that are selling the fastest.

On the Dream class ships, this often happens because a lot of people want those inside rooms with the virtual porthole.

Edited by Shmoo here

Typically, there is a wider spread between the different types of rooms. But, if the inside rooms are selling better than the verandahs, the price on those will rise faster than the price on the verandah rooms.

When prices increase as the space fills up onboard, it doesn't increase across the board (in all rooms), only in the categories that are selling the fastest.

On the Dream class ships, this often happens because a lot of people want those inside rooms with the virtual porthole.

Thanks so much for your quick reply.... I wondered if it had anything to do with the 'magical' porthole [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks so much for your quick reply.... I wondered if it had anything to do with the 'magical' porthole [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so. My friend and I are cruising on the Dream in November. We wanted an inside room to see the virtual porthole (for more than two minutes on a tour, anyway) and just to try something different. It was only $20 or so less than an Oceanview stateroom. So we definitely aren't doing it for the savings... Which makes me wonder if other people have the same thought process.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that too lately when pricing out the 3-4-5 night cruises. Its not much between the interiors and balconies when you consider the overall cost.

On the Dream though, the cost really jumps once you go above the lowest couple of categories of balconies (anything category 5 and above). And certainly, there's a huge jump to concierge.

I love Disney but unfortunately, I have never been on a Disney cruise. They're process are just too ridiculous for a middle class family. Apparently, they don't want the middle class on their ships. :(

Disney can and does command a premium price for a premium product. They price their product to match the demand.

It's not personal, it's business.

I love Disney but unfortunately, I have never been on a Disney cruise. They're process are just too ridiculous for a middle class family. Apparently, they don't want the middle class on their ships. :(

No, they DO want middle class on their ships but only the ones who are willing to pay the price. They definitely don't want the whiners and cheapskates. Those folks are better suited to Carnaval.

Edited by e2011

No, they DO want middle class on their ships but only the ones who are willing to pay the price. They definitely don't want the whiners and cheapskates.

This is it, exactly. They have learned that some customers are more trouble than they're worth. Literally.

• 2 weeks later...

Disney's prices are getting ridiculous. I cruise often and for me it is not worth it to cruise Disney all the time. Even if I could I like to try new things.

I have sailed the Wonder and more recently the Fantasy. Was it an awesome cruise yes.... But so are all my cruises.

If possible take your kids out of school they have some ok prices off season. Forget about summer any any school breaks when they are at peak price.

I usually get 2 rooms but on Disney we get one to offset price jump.

Kerri

"normal" pricing structure has a balcony costing about twice that of an inside cabin. However, the prices increase as the cabins fill. Shortly after the Fantasy launched, we saw insides costing MORE than oceanviews because so many people wanted to "try" the virtual portholes.

It is totally an issue of supply and demand.

The incredible price increases of DCL cruises over the last few years is why we have been cruising on some other lines. We are beyond the "kids gotta see furries" phase and have been unimpressed with some of the quality decreases we've seen on DCL. Disney has a good product but not a top notch cruise line. We can't justify paying a premium price for an "above average" cruise. But they sure do have the prettiest ships.

Edited by moki'smommy

• 4 weeks later...
No, they DO want middle class on their ships but only the ones who are willing to pay the price. They definitely don't want the whiners and cheapskates. Those folks are better suited to Carnaval.

I'm not a whiner or a cheapskate. I am a Platinum member on Princess and I love Disney I think it's just hard to pay their prices for a 4 day cruise when i can pay the same on a 7 day cruise.