aloud to mill around the ship at any hour? bring food back?

foxygrl

Can you walk around the ship at any hour? Also can you bring food back to the cabins?:)

Yes and yes.

At night most venues will be closed however. They use this time for thorough cleaning and maintenance so please respect that if the doors are closed it means no entry. They may also be "fogging" where they spray a chemical in the air to sanitize all of the surfaces and walls, and believe me you do not want to ingest a mouthful of that.

The restaurants will be closed, but the drink station on the pool deck is open 24 hrs. Pools and hot tubs will be closed, and expect the yellow jumpsuit guys to be power washing the decks.

As for food, you can bring it from wherever you wish! Cabanas buffet, the cafe's etc.

ex techie

"Aloud?" There are quiet hours on all DCL ships where you are not permitted to be loud in the halls.

You are allowed to walk the halls quietly as much as you want, but as noted, you are not permitted to enter closed venues.

You may bring food to your room. You may also order room service 24/7. There is no charge for normal food items other than a tip for delivery. Alcohol, boxed candies, and some other specialty items carry the same charge they do anywhere else on the ship. The beverage station is open 24/7.

I believe my friend said they netted the carnival pools?

They net the pools on DCL too.

Carnival has salt water pools, so they may drain them of a night time and refill with sea water in the morning. DCL pools are fresh water. They drain the hot tubs and clean them of an evening, and the pools may have a higher concentrate of treatment chemicals run through them or be drained for cleaning.

Why do you ask?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

They net the pools on DCL too.

Carnival has salt water pools, so they may drain them of a night time and refill with sea water in the morning. DCL pools are fresh water. They drain the hot tubs and clean them of an evening, and the pools may have a higher concentrate of treatment chemicals run through them or be drained for cleaning.

Why do you ask?

ex techie

Just wondered if it was the same as the carnival. I remember seeing his video of the pool at night sloshing because of the high seas and it was netted. I knew there were saftey provisions but didn't know what they did.