Art of the Theme Ship Tour

Steelers0854

Hi all,

Just made the final payment for our January cruise on the Wonder! I have read that there is this behind the scenes tour and would like to take it. Can you tell me how and when you go about signing up for it?

Thanks for the help!

116 days left [emoji17]. Gonna be a long 116 days!

Hi all,

Just made the final payment for our January cruise on the Wonder! I have read that there is this behind the scenes tour and would like to take it. Can you tell me how and when you go about signing up for it?

Thanks for the help!

116 days left [emoji17]. Gonna be a long 116 days!

It's not a "behind the scenes" tour. It's a tour of the public areas of the ship, pointing out design choices DCL made and why.

You just show up at the start port (usually near Palo) to take it.

We've taken it several times, on the various ships, and enjoy it.

The only behind the scenes type tours that DCL does, on some cruises, is a galley tour. To see if your cruise will have one, you have to ask at Guest Services.

Edited by Shmoo here

Not a behind the scenes at all. Unfortunately, all the behind the scenes activities other than the galley tour have been canceled.

The "Art of the Theme Ship Tour" may be offered once or several times on your cruise. I'd suggest that you show up the first time you see it on the schedule as it may be the only time you have the chance. It is worth repeating, especially on different ships.

Oh too bad, I guess I didn't read previous posts about it too well. That's too bad. Princess does a great one called the Ultimate Ships tour, I guess I was hoping this would be something similar.

Thanks for the responses. I think they should put you guys on staff at Disney!

Oh too bad, I guess I didn't read previous posts about it too well. That's too bad. Princess does a great one called the Ultimate Ships tour, I guess I was hoping this would be something similar.

Thanks for the responses. I think they should put you guys on staff at Disney!

We did the Ultimate Ship's Tour on Princess, as well as the Behind the Fun tour on Carnival. Thought they were both fantastic.

I wish Disney would do something like this, but it's just not in Disney nature to allow the public in backstage areas.

Actually, Disney offers several different backstage tours at WDW for a significant price--essentially what Princess does on the "Ultimate Ship Tour," which costs a couple hundred dollars. Yes, you get quite a swag bag on Princess.

And DCL used to offer several options as "The Platinum Experience." These were much more elaborate than any of the previously offered free tours. We did the VIP galley tour, the theatre tour, and the animal tour (on CC). We had also previously done the galley tour and theatre tours which were open to all; the Platinum Experience tours were longer, more detailed, and a whole lot more special.

I don't know why the Platinum Experience tours were eliminated; I suspect it might have been the increasing number of platinum guests or the complaints because these were all "adult only" events.

Disney doesn't allow minors to do their backstage tours at WDW...but they certainly do allow adults to see something of how they make the magic, provided the adults are willing to pay for it.

Disney doesn't allow minors to do their backstage tours at WDW...but they certainly do allow adults to see something of how they make the magic' date=' provided the adults are willing to pay for it.[/quote']

I don't know about nowadays, but when I was a teen (so about 15 years ago) my younger brother and I went on two behind the scenes tours for teens in WDW. They were half day tours in small groups and were a lot of fun. On one of them we even got to walk around in the Magic Kingdom under ground tunnel system!

I don't know about nowadays, but when I was a teen (so about 15 years ago) my younger brother and I went on two behind the scenes tours for teens in WDW. They were half day tours in small groups and were a lot of fun. On one of them we even got to walk around in the Magic Kingdom under ground tunnel system!

They currently have tours available for all ages and some available with a minimum age. You see more on the "grown up" tours.

Did you get to see the Kingdom Hearts mural in the tunnel?

They currently have tours available for all ages and some available with a minimum age. You see more on the "grown up" tours.

Did you get to see the Kingdom Hearts mural in the tunnel?

No! Kingdom Hearts came out a couple of years after we were on the tours. That sounds so cool!! The thing I remember most is the room under Alien Encounter (RIP). It was part of the magic of how burnt Skippy suddenly appeared, but although we got a good look our guide didn't explain it, he just mysteriously said "try to figure it out" with a grin, so it just added to the wonder of it.

There are a ton of tours now:

Magic of Steam Trains

AquaSeas Snorkeling

Keys to the Kingdom

Backstage Magic (3 parks full day)

Undiscovered Future World

Backstage Safari

and others..

I know its off topic but we've done almost all of them (backstage safari and steam trains haven't worked out yet) plus the 5 day backstage adventure in CA, if people have questions and the mods don't mind.