Divina - Obstructed Views and Juliet Balconies

bizeemomma

I know that the balcony Bella has some rooms with the obstructed view on deck eight of the lifeboats. Are *all* Bella views obstructed in some fashion? What about the fantastica? Are there any fantastica balconies that are obstructed view?

Does anybody have a list of the rooms on the Divina with the small Juliet balconies?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let's habe a look at the deck plan:

Cabins 13222, 13223, 13224, 13225, 13226, 13227, 13228, 13229, 13230 have Juliet balcony

Cabins 8134, 8136, 8137, 8138, 8139, 8140, 8141, 8143 have partially restricted views

Source: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Divina.aspx

The deck 13 aft cabins on Divina and Preziosa are "Bella Balcony" with a small Juliet balcony (on the sister ships Fantasia and Splendida, these cabins also have Juliet balconies but are "Fantastica Oceanview").

"Restricted View" in this concern means that the view at the horizon is partially restricted. Looking downwards, you may find a more or less limited field of view from most of the cabins on deck 8 due to the lifeboats.

Edited by RudiRatlos

I know that the balcony Bella has some rooms with the obstructed view on deck eight of the lifeboats. Are *all* Bella views obstructed in some fashion? NO

What about the fantastica? Are there any fantastica balconies that are obstructed view? Some have metal "in hull" balconies

Does anybody have a list of the rooms on the Divina with the small Juliet balconies? Deck 13 stern cabins

All the balcony cabins on deck 8 in the recessed areas have views of the tops of lifeboats and those listed in post #2 have obstructions as well. There are no balcony cabins on deck 8 on the central hump,

the balcony cabins on the forward hump are all metal "in hull" balconies, most of those on the rear hump are plexiglass balconies. A few balconies to the rear of the rear hump are metal "in hull" type.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I know that the balcony Bella has some rooms with the obstructed view on deck eight of the lifeboats. Are *all* Bella views obstructed in some fashion? What about the fantastica? Are there any fantastica balconies that are obstructed view?

Does anybody have a list of the rooms on the Divina with the small Juliet balconies?

Juliet are aft on deck 13.

Yes, the Juliet balcony cabins on the Fantasia are the best bargain at sea. They are full-sized 'balcony' grade cabins that just happen to have a shallow balcony and are charged at the Oceanview ('porthole') rate (not so on the Divina).

Being so high-up, the views are amazing and I would never grow tired of watching the wake of the ship through the wall-to-wall glass - mesmerising.

Then there are the 'private' staircases either aft quarter - one flight up to the rear of the buffet (the most interesting part with its daily changing ethnic section) and another to the quieter and more civilised bar, jacuzzis and pool.

On my 17 night repo on the Fantasia, I barely had need to leave the rear of the ship. The juliet balcony cabins are a 'poor man's Yacht Club', then some - less walking required for a start :-).

Edited by Skipper Tim

Sorry, just passing through.... I wanted to contact one of my old cruising buddies via CC and got gripped by this topic :-)

I will be back just as soon as MSC lose their solo-occupancy surcharges for cabins that will otherwise go empty !!! Good things come to those who wait :-)

Edited by Skipper Tim

I think you'll be waiting a long time, Skip. Repos are generally very well subscribed as they become ever more popular. Even the wonderful promo pricings of which you'd be familiar - remember the £20/£25/£30 and such - they're now practically double that!

Bea, I am putting my faith in the cruise industry investing in over-capacity :-) It may take time, as you say, but every industry always makes mistakes on future growth based on extrapolating the orthodoxy of past performance.

At the moment, I am taking advantage of such a mistake in the Turkish luxury hotels market. Noticeably better than Cunard's QM2 service and food: sole-occupancy of a double with views to die for, 'ultra; all-inclusive (imported drinks, 24 hr food and drink, free room service, packed min-bar, 17 swimming pools, choice of entertainment, etc.) for £22/night. However my first hotel of 'the season', two weeks tomorrow and for the rest of October, is a lowly four star :-), beach-front, sole-occupancy, spa, bars etc. for £7/night - all-inclusive.

One has to be versatile to extract the marrow from life :-)

I am patient for my next cruise. I have a fondness for MSC because I lived in Italy and appreciate their chaotic and sincere hospitality. Pulmantur is also on the radar - older, smaller ships with another latino ambience.

Enjoy, Tim. I'll be on Sinfonia sailing to Durban at the same time.

Hope MSC does change their policy in the future. Though it seems unlikely given that they had an opportunity to facilitate solos with the new-builds - the way NCL did by incorporating solo cabins - and passed.

Anyway, it was nice 'seeing' you, even if only fleetingly ;)

• 4 years later...

I’ve read all about Juliet Balconies now - me asking what a Juliet Balcony was was rather a “stupid” question - not sure if Juliet is way to go on Divina. There are also other Bella Balconies on Divina - there seems to be one “alone” on each deck aft at the stairwell - I cannot see any obstruction - could it just be because it is the last balcony and against a wall?

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

There are also other Bella Balconies on Divina - there seems to be one “alone” on each deck aft at the stairwell - I cannot see any obstruction - could it just be because it is the last balcony and against a wall?

The aft most side facing balconies near were changed to Bella because they have solid metal or partial metal balcony rails.  The higher the deck the less obstructed they are.  The aft most two on decks 8 & 9 are solid metal while the one on deck 12 just has a small bit of metal and is mostly glass.

Edited by Até

• 4 weeks later...

Aft facing balconies on deck 9 all all plexiglas.  If you look at cruisedeckplans.com, (and maybe on MSC deck plans) the side balconies aft - the last two are gray, the ones next are blue.  That means the gray ones are metal, the blue ones part metal.  You can see the same thing up forward, most are gray, then one set in blue.  EM

• 1 year later...