new to MSC- a few questions

S.S.Oceanlover

I booked the new YC Inside cabin on the Seaside for myself and my teenage son. I was only charged $100 total. So I'm thinking they don't charge a deposit for kids. The sailing I booked was March 2018. I did it online about 2 weeks ago. Don't expect much in the form of a deposit invoice. I received an email saying they charged my card. Then another email that gave me my reservation number. When I log onto my MSC site, I can see my reservations including the OBC. I will probably be transferring my ressie to my TA in the very near future. I have not tried to call an MSC rep, I've heard too much about wait times. I figure I will wait for the TA to take over the ressie if I have any questions

I booked for spouse plus 2 kids and we were only charged $200 so I think you are right about not charging for kids

I've done some screen shots from the UK web site, about 20 minutes ago. The online brochure for UK 2016/2017 and the online UK brochure 2017/2018. In addition I've also got a screen shot from the "fares by experience" from the main web site

I just wonder whether this applies to cruises after the new season starts in April 2017 and cruises before that doesn't get the privilege

page 22 UK 2016/2017

fantastica%20uk16_17.jpg

page 116 UK 2017/2018

fantastica%20uk17_18.jpg

fares by experience

fantastica%20fares%20by%20exprerince.jpg

So they are offered in the UK a I said in my original post

Pete

My cruise is in April 2018 on Seaside. And my TA tell me they do not offer My time dining😳

Prior to our Dec 2015 cruise on Fantasia this was all over the web and the brochure at the time, we were told it was a mistake.

We've since had Fantastica experience on Splendida twice and this was traditional dining.

On Armonia and in a 'Fantastica suite' it was MyTime dining and in a different restaurant (La Pergola as opposed to the Marco Polo MDR which was traditional dining) so.... it would seem that it's isolated to Lirica class at present

Prior to our Dec 2015 cruise on Fantasia this was all over the web and the brochure at the time, we were told it was a mistake.

We've since had Fantastica experience on Splendida twice and this was traditional dining.

On Armonia and in a 'Fantastica suite' it was MyTime dining and in a different restaurant (La Pergola as opposed to the Marco Polo MDR which was traditional dining) so.... it would seem that it's isolated to Lirica class at present

That's exactly what it says on in two of the three of the images I posted above in post. the first image that they use in the fares by experiences is an older version.

MSC tend not to update their images very often. For about 3 years they used images of Splendida , with the name photo shopped to say Divina , for the official brochure and online exterior shot, of Divina even though they are easy to tell apart from the size of the central hump.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

MSC tend not to update their images very often.

Speaking of images, Pete .............. any chance you have the original Aurea Experience benefits saved? I had thought that one of the extras of a suite was better quality toiletries than the dispensers - I thought I saw it stated in the older 'Aurea Experience' list? (I know they're provided in YC, alright). I don't see any mention of improved toiletries now, though I see they've added a 'Med' room diffuser to the list.

I was upgraded to an Aurea Suite on Sinfonia last month and, although I wasn't entitled to the benefits, once our room steward discovered we were Black Card holders he produced a diffuser and 'Personal care products kit' which I'd assumed was the upgraded toiletries. This is a plastic pouch containing a small bottle of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and a bar of soap like the one sold in the logo shop. However, I notice on the tickets for our upcoming repo in an Aurea Suite that we will receive a 'gift' of a 'Personal care products kit'. There's no way it'll last for the 24 nights onboard so not much use! I'd hoped to save on luggage weight by not having to bring some of these items but it looks like the suites are only getting products in dispensers, too.

Speaking of images, Pete .............. any chance you have the original Aurea Experience benefits saved? I had thought that one of the extras of a suite was better quality toiletries than the dispensers - I thought I saw it stated in the older 'Aurea Experience' list? (I know they're provided in YC, alright). I don't see any mention of improved toiletries now, though I see they've added a 'Med' room diffuser to the list.

I was upgraded to an Aurea Suite on Sinfonia last month and, although I wasn't entitled to the benefits, once our room steward discovered we were Black Card holders he produced a diffuser and 'Personal care products kit' which I'd assumed was the upgraded toiletries. This is a plastic pouch containing a small bottle of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and a bar of soap like the one sold in the logo shop. However, I notice on the tickets for our upcoming repo in an Aurea Suite that we will receive a 'gift' of a 'Personal care products kit'. There's no way it'll last for the 24 nights onboard so not much use! I'd hoped to save on luggage weight by not having to bring some of these items but it looks like the suites are only getting products in dispensers, too.

here is the 2014 aurea experience

aureawinter2014.jpg

another version of 2014 package

aurea.jpg

and another

boking2.jpg

and a later version

new%20aurea.jpg

a 2015 comparison list

experiences%203.jpg

EXPERIENCES%204.jpg

Pete

Fantastic, Pete, fair play to you!!! .............. thanks a mil!

So, it was a 'complimentary set of well-being products'. That's what I received last month, so, and why it's included in our cruise tickets for next week. I see it's been removed from the list of current benefits. Probably because of the introduction of the new 'Wellness' class of cabins :confused:

Cheers, again. Hope you have a great cruise next week.

That's what we got as the Aurea personal care gift on our cruise last march/April

Pete

So, it was a 'complimentary set of well-being products'. That's what I received last month, so, and why it's included in our cruise tickets for next week. I see it's been removed from the list of current benefits. Probably because of the introduction of the new 'Wellness' class of cabins :confused:

I intend to, even if the ship is full of our German cousins :D:D:D

Edited by Skier52

No it hasn't it is still there

ecperinces%20comparison.jpg