Splendida - need help

Sandi07054

Be prepared for bad/wet weather in Genoa. You could need a warm windbreaker there! I've done the HOHO and also walked the promenade as far as the aquarium which I enjoy. Though I haven't actually visited the aquarium itself, I believe it's worth a visit.

For Barcelona, if you want to see La Familia Sagrada, it's recommended you pre-purchase tickets as there are very long queues. While it may be off-season, Barcelona is still a popular city for Europeans to visit then, too!

I was only in Palermo once and that was with my mobility challenged parents so we didn't get to see much.

I've only had Valletta as a port stop once and the weather was so bad we didn't bother getting off the ship. We've bad weather here in Ireland most of the time and really don't want to deal with it when we're on vacation so we stay onboard and enjoy having the ship to ourselves. Having said that, the Med is just a short flight away for us, unlike your situation, where it's a major trip and you want to see everything while you can.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on one of my favourite ships. :)

Hi

Just looking for information on what you did in Genoa. Should we do an excursion, hop on hop off bus??

Thank you

We just did the HOHO bus in Genoa. It was very easy to navigate the area. Just follow the tourists and you will find the nice sites. The downside was stores were closed being a Sunday when we were there.

I will start my 7 days MED cruise out of Barcelona. I will arrive a day before my cruise depart. I want to stay in a hotel within 5 miles of the port area. Does anyone has a suggestion for hotels in this area? Thanks:)

The port is not too far from the end of Las Ramblas, the main street of Barcelona. Have a look for hotels in this area

I will start my 7 days MED cruise out of Barcelona. I will arrive a day before my cruise depart. I want to stay in a hotel within 5 miles of the port area. Does anyone has a suggestion for hotels in this area? Thanks:)
We have stayed in many Barcelona hotels pre cruise and so here's a selection:-

Hotel Jazz

W Barcelona

Crowne Plaza

Hesperia Tower

Villa Emilia

B Hotel

Gaudi Hotel

Just worth noting that many hotels in Barcelona have a 2 night minimum stay and so some may not be available for your stay.

Barcelona is also a very popular destination for short city breaks so I would recommend making a reservation as soon as possible as hotels get booked up quickly.

• 1 month later...

Hotel Jazz is very good. The hotel is located near to the plaza de catalunya or if its anymore help, the hotel is near Hard Rock Cafe. It's a great location. You can pre book a local taxi to pick you up from the hotel lobby, and it's only about a 10 minute ride to the port.