Thanksgiving week cruise experiences

lisalund

Hi All!

I'm trying to get out of cooking this year and we have some scopolamine patches leftover from our summer cruise (yes, this is my logic here). I am looking into the Wonder's Thanksgiving week cruise to the Bahamas. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences or tips? Also, a few quick questions...

1. Will Christmas decorations be up?

2. Will Thanksgiving be a little extra special?

3. How are the crowds? I know that during this time, the parks are chock full of people. Is it the same for the cruises? My introverted dh was spoiled on our last cruise (only 20 passengers total and no crowds ever).

4. I have a 12 yr old. Can he check himself in / out of the tween club? As an only, he is quite the independent soul. Sigh.

Thanks all!!

Hi All!

I'm trying to get out of cooking this year and we have some scopolamine patches leftover from our summer cruise (yes, this is my logic here). I am looking into the Wonder's Thanksgiving week cruise to the Bahamas. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences or tips? Also, a few quick questions...

1. Will Christmas decorations be up?

2. Will Thanksgiving be a little extra special?

3. How are the crowds? I know that during this time, the parks are chock full of people. Is it the same for the cruises? My introverted dh was spoiled on our last cruise (only 20 passengers total and no crowds ever).

4. I have a 12 yr old. Can he check himself in / out of the tween club? As an only, he is quite the independent soul. Sigh.

Thanks all!!

1. Yes the Christmas decorations will be up.

2. I've read that they have a special Thanksgiving menu for those cruises that actually sail on Thanksgiving. Not sure if there's anything else.

3. I'd say any holiday sailing will be busy, and more expensive.

4. They don't "check in/out" in Edge, they just come and go.

Yes, the Christmas decorations will be completely installed.

There is a Thanksgiving menu with all the traditional items. There are other items on the menu as well.

The ships nearly always sail full. If they aren't filling at normal fare, DC offers various discounts to get them full. As such, a holiday cruise is no more full than a "normal" cruise. What is different is the ages of the kids on board. Any time normal, traditional schools are not in session, the number of school age kids increases markedly when compared to the times immediately before or after these periods. So for the early part of November, you'd cruise with lots of pre-schoolers but on Thanksgiving week the Teen/tween complement is increased. It is also one of the most expensive cruise weeks.

There is no check in or out for 12 year old kids in the Edge. If a parent feels that they need to have a supervised check in, they must participate in the Lab program. In the Lab, it is parent's choice whether they are permitted to sign in and out or not.

Then I absolutely won't tell you that the last time I looked *probably a week ago* 7636 was open for $1590 PP

The one out of Galveston has one inside HA available. The one out of Miami has 2 balcony HAs available as of tonight. Gonna have to do a little talking with family. I don't need a cruise and I shouldn't spend the money. That's undoubtedly why I'm looking at flights.....

But the Rapunzel show is on the Magic. We haven't seen it.

Wonder will be newly re-imagined--not many will have seen that.

And there aren't any cruises we would be interested in during January and February....

Interesting about rooms because I did call last night. At that time, she quoted only a single inside cabin as the HAs available on Wonder. Darn, every time I think that we're not going to do this, I get tempted again.

Edited by moki'smommy