A Question that has NEVER been asked before!!

DonOtt

OK, I'm pretty certain it has but....DW, and I will be on the Feb 25 Fantasy cruise with our granddaughter. Arriving in to Orlando a couple of days early to take in the Kennedy Space Center first.

Here we go......are there shuttles, limo services etc that we can use without breaking the bank to get from the airport to our hotel? Disney won't do it because we aren't staying at a Disney resort nor are we flying in the day of departure.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers...Don

OK, I'm pretty certain it has but....DW, and I will be on the Feb 25 Fantasy cruise with our granddaughter. Arriving in to Orlando a couple of days early to take in the Kennedy Space Center first.

Here we go......are there shuttles, limo services etc that we can use without breaking the bank to get from the airport to our hotel? Disney won't do it because we aren't staying at a Disney resort nor are we flying in the day of departure.

Cheers...Don

Depending on where your hotel is, most hotels have shuttles from the airport. Have you checked to see if yours does?

Beyond that, since you're staying a couple days, I'd suggest a rental car. If you look around you can find some good prices for those.

Exactly as Shmoo said--most hotels in the MCO area provide complimentary shuttles to/from MCO. If you are staying in the Cape Canaveral area, there are paid shuttles available, both private and shared variety. However, as far as I know, the only way to get to the space center is to drive or take a cab.

If I were doing more than a day in the area, I'd rent a car. It will cost a lot less than multiple shuttles. You can do a one way rental--pick up at MCO, use it for however many days, then take the car to the drop off point near the terminal. ALL the car places have complimentary shuttles back to the cruise terminal. The easiest thing is to drop off the family and luggage, then have the driver return the car and shuttle back, but you are also welcome to keep the family together and all ride the shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...

If your flying into Orlando airport, and heading straight to Port Canaveral area for your hotel, we have used Happy Limo a few times in the past. Have a great service with them. Always friendly and on time. Picked us up at Orlando airport with a sign with our name on it. Just great service. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Have a great cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest renting a car also. For the two days before you can sightsee and do whatever you want. Car rentals are not expensive and you can return it near the port.

Pick your car rental company and then when do you the rental, pick the drop off location as one near Port Canaveral.

A bit of advice. When you drop the car off at the cruise terminal, first drop your family off at the cruise terminal with the luggage. Then you go alone with the car to the rental return location. That way when you return back to the terminal, you do not need to carry your luggage onto the rental shuttle bus, and a party of one fits nicely onto a shuttle without too much trouble.

When you drop the others off, you can leave your luggage with the porters immediately.

There are several hotels in the MCO area that offer a package of room, breakfast, round trip cruise transportation, and parking of your vehicle (if needed). THe prices have increased greatly, but still a bargain when compared to DCL transportation. Same issues though--there is one departure each way. You are on their time schedule. Most of the time the pricing is such that if you use it just one way, it is still a good deal.

I have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle several times, they will pick you up in Orlando and take you anywhere needed in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area. I have a friend that lives in Cape Canaveral and I take the shuttle from airport to her house if I'm flying. HTH

If you are talking about multiple needs for transportation over a couple days, I'd still recommend a rental car. You rent by 24 hour period, not by calendar day, and there is no surcharge for a one way rental. You can get discount codes to use for your rental from sites like rentalcodes.com, travel magazines, AAA, etc. This would allow you to go where/when you wish without having to pay for a cab or shuttle each time. I've paid as little as $29 per day including all taxes and fees with a good code, but I've also had to pay more depending on what was available.

But as noted, there are multiple shuttles/limo services available. Yes, Cocoa Beach Shuttle is good.

Cheers...Don

Fox car rental last time i was there a decent size car was $48 total for 4 days.

Depends on what your "Break the bank" amount is. Everyone has a different mind-set on what that $amount is.

Check with a rental car agency about the one-way use of the car. Sometimes it is more than a return trip rental.

You have received some great advice on this thread.

Check with a rental car agency about the one-way use of the car. Sometimes it is more than a return trip rental.

This is not true of the Orlando/PC area of Florida. I don't know if it is a law or how it has come about, but there is no surcharge for a one way. Renting at MCO/return at Cape Canaveral is exactly the same price as a return to MCO. Great for those of us who do it for vacations!

You could always do what I'm planning and road trip it. :) Car problem solved.

You know, it's weird. When I was a kid we road tripped everywhere, sometimes weeks at a time depending on the vacation. I didn't learn until much later in life that my mom has a phobia of airplanes, but that was long after I started considering road tripping to be an excuse to extend your vacation.

This is not true of the Orlando/PC area of Florida. I don't know if it is a law or how it has come about' date=' but there is no surcharge for a one way. Renting at MCO/return at Cape Canaveral is exactly the same price as a return to MCO. Great for those of us who do it for vacations![/quote']

People that I know and trust have indeed been hit by one-way fees occasionally even in that area of Florida. They can show up.

People that I know and trust have indeed been hit by one-way fees occasionally even in that area of Florida. They can show up.

Odd, I've done it for many years with no fees. Even asked about it once and was told they were not permitted within a specified radius. We have even rented in Jacksonville and dropped off in Orlando--no fees.