Carnival Victory - San Juan / Barbados

Hi

We sail on our first cruise on the Victory in June out of Barbados. The majority of this cruise, however, embark in San Juan 3 days earlier or 4 days later. San Juan is considered the "main" embarkation port for the cruise, I know this because we have no option of Anytime Dining and no option to pre-book Shore Excursions on-line unlike our San Juan counterparts, despite the identical cruise costing $200 more for privilege of embarking in Barbados, but i'm not bitter ;).

My main question though is, I know from reading CC reviews that the night in San Juan is open seat casual dining (presumably as luggage may not have been delivered in time) followed by a sail away party. Whilst this will be nice to have in the middle of our cruise, will we get the same thing on our first night sailing out of Barbados ?

Am new to cruising, so are there any other 'first night customs' that will happen in San Juan in the middle of our cruise ?

Thanks

John

I just finished this cruise and we boarded in Barbados as well. We were automatically placed in anytime dining despite booking a late seating. The night we were in San Juan, the upper Atlantic dining room was reserved for the guest who had boarded in Barbados only and it was, I think anytime between 5 and 9pm. There was aparty that night as well as a party the night we left Barbados. We also could not book our shore excursions on-line but we had no problem getting what we wanted when we booked on the ship.

I have just posted my review if you wanted to have a read, enjoy your cruise!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=64647

Archived