High Tea/afternoon tea on Splendor

big green

Can anyone confirm from a recent sailing that there is afternoon tea or high tea served on the Splendor. I was looking at capers from january 2010 and did not see it in the schedules.

Thanks

BG

I can't speak specifically for the Splendor, but every Carnival ship I have sailed on has had afternoon tea on each sea day (not on port days or embarkation day). They usually have some decent pastries and a good variety of teas. Check the Capers, but its usually around 330 or 4 in one of the lounges or dining rooms.

Can anyone confirm from a recent sailing that there is afternoon tea or high tea served on the Splendor. I was looking at capers from january 2010 and did not see it in the schedules.

Thanks

BG

I enjoyed a lovely high tea on the Splendor in Dec. 2009. It was in the afternoon of a sea day in the Pearl dining room. The ambiance, service, pastries & little sandwiches, and teas were all quite nice. I'm already looking forward to my next high tea on the Splendor in Oct.;)

We love TeaTime!!

(its one of the things that we LOVE about Carnival!)

is served on Seadays (usually around 2:30ish?)

Also, Its not "HighTea" its "Low Tea" We really enjoy the tasty treats.....

Heres some interesting info... http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/english-tea-time.html

Get there early...they wont open the doors until 'time' but it does fill up quickly.

High Tea vs. Low Tea

If you live in the U.S., you have been lied to about high tea. Well, maybe not LIED TO, but you’ve been given incorrect information at the very least. You’ve probably seen a scene in a movie or heard a joke in which rich and snooty women chit-chat over “high tea,” which is portrayed as an elaborate spread of tea, scones, and finger sandwiches served on doilies atop tiered silver trays. In fact, the event being (mis)represented is afternoon tea, or LOW tea. The problem is that many Americans equate the word “high” with class and formality. In fact, the word “high” refers to the height of the serving table: high tea is served at a high dinner table, while low tea is traditionally served on low tables in a sitting room.

So, what’s what? High tea is a full meal served at around 5 or 6 PM. It is usually associated with the members of the lower classes, who were hungry after a long day at work (often with no break). Low tea is a light meal traditionally begun at 4 or 5 PM and ending before 7 PM. It is associated with the high class, who saw it more as a social occasion than a meal and used it to stave off hunger between an early lunch and a late dinner. Think of high tea as a meal and low tea as “finger foods.” Or remember etiquette savant Judith Martin’s quip regarding the confusion: “It’s high time we had something to eat.”

< Source--- http://www.veetea.com/site/articles/High-Tea/ >

I enjoyed tea twice on the Splendor in March :) They had it on the 2nd Sea Day and the last Sea Day. It was great food!! Tea was just Bigelow tea bags and a couple Lipton choices.

Have Fun!!

I remember seeing it on the fun times 2 times... They definitely have tea time!

Enjoy

Archived